Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Slaven Bilic sacked by West Ham - David Moyes gets set to take charge

Slaven Bilic sacked by West Ham - David Moyes gets set to take charge

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Slaven Bilic has been sacked by West Ham.

The Croatian was summoned to showdown talks with co-owners David Sullivan, David Gold and vice chairman Karren Brady at the club’s Rush Green training ground.

The board were reluctant to make a change with Bilic’s contract up at the end of the season.

But after the manner of their humiliating 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool on Saturday - their sixth Premier League loss of the season - they called time on his two-year tenure.

David Moyes is now set to take charge on a six-month deal until the end of the season, despite some concern over supporter backlash.

The former Manchester United, Everton and Sunderland boss will be tasked with keeping the Hammers in the top-flight after they slipped into the relegation zone at the weekend.

It is understood the new manager will be in charge for West Ham’s next game after the international break, when they travel to Watford on November 19.

Speaking to beIN Sports at the weekend, Moyes admitted he would like to return to management with West Ham.

Sacked after Sunderland were relegated to the Championship last season, the 54-year-old said: "I've always said I want to go back into club management.

“If the right opportunity comes around, I'll be interested.

"I am interested but at the moment that vacancy has not become available. I know what Slaven must be going through."

West Ham are set to announce Bilic’s departure at midday.

His backroom staff are set to follow him out the door with assistant Nikola Jurcevic, first-team coach Edin Terzic, fitness coach Miljenko Rak and coaching assistant Julian Dicks all set to leave.

Moyes is likely to stick with goalkeeper coach Chris Woods with Phil Neville potentially joining him at the London Stadium as his No.2.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/slaven-bilic-sacked-west-ham-11475250

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Fast forward 3 months: West Ham are dire under Moyes and he goes too.

"We won the World Cup, you know! We only accept football played the West Ham Way" say the fans.

Yeah, 50 yrs ago....get over it.

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Lots of 'Ammers fans wish they'd stayed at Upton Park, despite a beneficial freebie the Olympic Stadium offers.
   Moyes won't help them any more than Bilic, but then he'll get handsome paydays until end of season whereupon he'll walk away and like a vulture wait for the next manager to fall on his sword. There's very little honour left in the managerial game. I thought they might get BSA to fill in.
   Got Watford next then a couple of guaranteed losses so into the New Year still bottom. Now THAT's the Wet Spam way!

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
It's the usual story of blinkered owners thinking that they have a divine right to success. If they honestly believe that the serial failure Moyes can help them then they are seriously deluded.
I know he did well at PNE and Goodison- but since then it has been one failure after another.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bilic accepts that the decision was "logical" but I can't see Moyes doing any better as his record for keeping teams up - their immediate problem - isn't great.

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bollotom2014 wrote:Lots of 'Ammers fans wish they'd stayed at Upton Park, despite a beneficial freebie the Olympic Stadium offers.
   Moyes won't help them any more than Bilic, but then he'll get handsome paydays until end of season whereupon he'll walk away and like a vulture wait for the next manager to fall on his sword. There's very little honour left in the managerial game. I thought they might get BSA to fill in.
   Got Watford next then a couple of guaranteed losses so into the New Year still bottom. Now THAT's the Wet Spam way!

I doubt Sullivan and Gold would have the temerity to ask Big Sam back. They ditched him to get Bilic in the first place and I reckon BS would tell them to feck off. Serves them right for not renewing his contract in the first place. Moyes is a really strange choice after failing at United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland. What exactly is it that he will bring to the table for the Hammers?  BS would be a good fit at Everton mind you.

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Deluded club deluded fans, playing the West Ham way usually means relegation fingers crossed.

RustyNail


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Bilic is a prick and so are their fans. Love them to get relegated.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I like Bilic. He's very down to earth and has a sense of humour unlike most football managers. 
I suspect the problem at West Ham was that he was too buddy buddy with the players when they needed to be called out.

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:I like Bilic. He's very down to earth and has a sense of humour unlike most football managers. 
I suspect the problem at West Ham was that he was too buddy buddy with the players when they needed to be called out.

I agree. He certainly didn't do our national team any team any favours. Something went wrong for him at West Ham and I suspect it is down to the fans. They keep harping on about the West Ham way but the reality is that they have won bugger all in years. Karen Brady talks shite every week in the papers as if they are the next best thing since sliced bread. Those deluded Hammers fans used to take the piss out of Big Sam but when he had a fully fit squad they were actually a decent outfit. Iirc wasn't it Big Sam that signed Payet?

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
RustyNail wrote:Bilic is a prick and so are their fans. Love them to get relegated.

Me too. No class. Pie, peas and jellied eels. All wind and piss.

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Reebok Trotter wrote:
RustyNail wrote:Bilic is a prick and so are their fans. Love them to get relegated.

Me too. No class. Pie, peas and jellied eels. All wind and piss.

And next to Leyton Orient. Let's hope it's catching.

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Lots of 'Ammers fans wish they'd stayed at Upton Park, despite a beneficial freebie the Olympic Stadium offers.
   Moyes won't help them any more than Bilic, but then he'll get handsome paydays until end of season whereupon he'll walk away and like a vulture wait for the next manager to fall on his sword. There's very little honour left in the managerial game. I thought they might get BSA to fill in.
   Got Watford next then a couple of guaranteed losses so into the New Year still bottom. Now THAT's the Wet Spam way!

I doubt Sullivan and Gold would have the temerity to ask Big Sam back. They ditched him to get Bilic in the first place and I reckon BS would tell them to feck off. Serves them right for not renewing his contract in the first place. Moyes is a really strange choice after failing at United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland. What exactly is it that he will bring to the table for the Hammers?  BS would be a good fit at Everton mind you.

:agree:

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wondering if the change of manager will mean Cullen and Burke will go back in January? There was some mention in the BL that that was a provisional agreement that the loan could be extended but I'd imagine Moyes would want to look over all their players. Neither have featured recently but we're a bit thin on cover for the inevitable injuries and suspensions.

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I always imagine Moyes in a Dickensian street scene, dirty rough clothes, a cap, pushing an old handcart.

He's got that runt of the litter look about him.

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cajunboy wrote:I always imagine Moyes in a Dickensian street scene, dirty rough clothes, a cap, pushing an old handcart.

He's got that runt of the litter look about him.
I see Big Sam as Mr Bumble,from Oliver Twist.

Hip Priest

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
For some strange reason the words "fire" and "frying pan" spring to mind.

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I used to live in Plaistow, just around the corner from the Boleyn ground, what a dump. First time I went to their ground, in a cup, they put 6 past us. Never liked the bastards since. 
Loved it when we had to beat them to stay up, and did, and they went down. 
Also this was the first Bolton game I went to at Burnden,in 1962, when we beat them 3-0 (I think). Been hooked ever since.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum