Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adam Armstrong reflects on "massive win"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Armstrong was delighted to score his first Sky Bet Championship goal for Wanderers on Saturday in the Whites' "massive win" over Norwich City.

Having seen Gary Madine open the scoring, the Newcastle United loanee's strike proved to be the difference on the day as Bolton extended their unbeaten run to five games and moved off the bottom of the second tier table.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after the game, the England youth international gave his thoughts on the game as the Trotters head into the November international break off the back of three points...

On securing a win before the international break...

I think it was massive going into the game when you have a couple of weeks off after the game, so we knew we had to give it our all.

We started a bit slow but we got into it in the game after 15 minutes and we stuck at it and got the win.

On his first league goal...

It feels good, I mean I think the three points feels better though. We've just got to push on now and look forward to Preston in a couple of weeks' time.

On the finish...

I'm pleased with the finish. It was how Gary touched it down, it made me have no other option so I just struck it and luckily it went in.

On his left-wing position...

Yeah, I feel alright and I'm pleased to be in the team. It's going well, I think that's five unbeaten now so the lads are doing well and helping us out a lot with it.

I've been working hard so it's pleasing to get the goal today, that puts an extra topping on it.

On the team spirit compared to a month ago...

Yeah, it's massive. A couple of wins and a couple of draws gets you buzzing. All the players can't wait to get back on the pitch after the break and we can only move forward now.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum