Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeovers - why not us?

+12
boltonbonce
karlypants
Sluffy
Wanderers for 45
Kane57
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Takeovers - why not us? Empty Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read that Barnsley are in talks with a Chinese consortium to take them over and inject a lot of cash, why does this not happen to us?

We have a great stadium with a hotel attached and a great training base yet we never seem to be looked at properly by potential investors.

I know we have some debt but nowhere near the levels when Davies was the owner so what is the stumbling block with us?

2Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think that once the Holdsworth shit has been cleared up, we will be a viable asset to buy into.

3Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our geographical location doesn't help having so many other footie clubs in close proximity, thereby limiting the catchment area from a business perspective.

At the other extreme, Norwich for example have no competition in one of the largest counties in the country so are very investable.

4Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping so Martin but lets hope we don't get hit with some kind of points reduction from the EFL that would make it impossible to stay up this season and put off investors, it's going to be hard enough as it is!

5Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 14:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Investment was always blocked by King Eddie & Darkside.  Eddie never wanted to give up control. Remember with the last two years of fun and games Eddie said he wants to make sure the correct people buy the club....thereby selling it to investors who don't have a pot to piss in.
I think Kenny is more open to it and will unload the whole shebang when the time is right....that being when he can make as much as possible out of it.
To think Barnsley are a better investment than us......doesn't make sense.

6Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 14:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Our geographical location doesn't help having so many other footie clubs in close proximity, thereby limiting the catchment area from a business perspective.

At the other extreme, Norwich for example have no competition in one of the largest counties in the country so are very investable.
Barnsley geographical location is similar to ours, how does that argument hold water?

7Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 14:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:I think that once the Holdsworth shit has been cleared up, we will be a viable asset to buy into.

I agree - once this has all been sorted out we are much more attractive to any potential buyers

8Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I agree - once this has all been sorted out we are much more attractive to any potential buyers

Not if they went on Saturday.

9Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 19:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Our geographical location doesn't help having so many other footie clubs in close proximity, thereby limiting the catchment area from a business perspective.

Barnsley geographical location is similar to ours, how does that argument hold water?
They haven't got anything like the number of teams around them that BWFC have.

10Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 19:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

They haven't got anything like the number of teams around them that BWFC have.
We've got both Manchester clubs, Wigan, Bury and possibly Blackburn, not a great deal to contend with there.

11Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Mon Aug 21 2017, 22:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We'e got a better known history than 3 of them. It might help.

12Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Aug 22 2017, 19:15

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jack Dearden just said on the radio the takeover will be done by Tuesday. Presume that's a Kenny takeover and not the Indian gang.

13Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 00:17

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

A wonderful ground,great history .We were on the verge of greatness with BSA ( Champions leauge) but Gartside was happy to bob along taking his £600-000 pay packet a year. Since 2008 freefalling.
Anyone with money welcome. Who do we get Del Boy and his loan and Ken Anderson. The poorest takeover in EFL history.
Only happen to us ( unfuckingbelievable)

14Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 13:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Strategically I'd imagine Anderson will continue to block new investors until someone is prepared to buy him out in one fell swoop for a lot of money

He knows if a billionaire comes in with a minority shareholding he'd be in trouble as they could use the reverse tactic to the one he used to get Deano's shares.

Works like this:
Say billionaire gets 5%.
Billionaire tables motions to massively increase investment in the club  e.g. to spend a further £half a billion to buy Messi and a few others.
Ken would have to match the billionaire £ for £ so would use his controlling interest to block the move. 
Then Ken either gets crucified in the media for preventing the club from spending more, finds the money from somewhere or gives up shares to the billionaire.

The last thing Ken wants is to have any big players with money to burn sniffing around the club

15Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 13:42

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Strategically I'd imagine Anderson will continue to block new investors until someone is prepared to buy him out in one fell swoop for a lot of money

He knows if a billionaire comes in with a minority shareholding he'd be in trouble as they could use the reverse tactic to the one he used to get Deano's shares.

Works like this:
Say billionaire gets 5%.
Billionaire tables motions to massively increase investment in the club  e.g. to spend a further £half a billion to buy Messi and a few others.
Ken would have to match the billionaire £ for £ so would use his controlling interest to block the move. 
Then Ken either gets crucified in the media for preventing the club from spending more, finds the money from somewhere or gives up shares to the billionaire.

The last thing Ken wants is to have any big players with money to burn sniffing around the club

I'd say that's exactly what he wants.

16Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 13:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Strategically I'd imagine Anderson will continue to block new investors until someone is prepared to buy him out in one fell swoop for a lot of money

Works like this:
Say billionaire gets 5%.

+1

Absolutely Martin.

Anyway who are these billionaires lining up to buy shares in the club?

The one that wanted Holdsworth shares owned a phone shop on Halliwell Road that went bust just a few years back.

17Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 13:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:

Works like this:
Say billionaire gets 5%.

Why?

18Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 13:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Works like this:
Say billionaire gets 5%.

Why?

Are you for real???

So he can sell them his shares and make a mint.

Good luck to him too if he can make that happen.

19Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Works like this:
Say billionaire gets 5%.

Why?

Are you for real???

So he can sell them his shares and make a mint.

Good luck to him too if he can make that happen.

20Takeovers - why not us? Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 15:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

God knows what the hell you are talking about.

First you want minority investment - to buy Holdsworth shares.

Then you say minority investors would be stupid and totally fucked by KA.

Then you say you want a billionaire minority investment.

Then you say that's the last thing Anderson wants sniffing around.

When pointed out that is almost certainly what Anderson DOES want you say - yeah that's what you've said!

You're more of a mentalist that Cameron the vlogger!

Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum