Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Madine wants Adam Armstrong to extend his loan from Newcastle

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gary Madine believes there is plenty more to come from Adam Armstrong.

Things appear to be looking up at last for Newcastle United loanee Armstrong, who ended a barren run in front of goal in the Championship last weekend in the 2-1 win over Norwich City.

Madine, who also got on the score-sheet with his fourth goal of the campaign, has seen enough to suggest the 20-year-old can push on and win over his doubters at the Macron.

“Adam is a brilliant player,” he told The Bolton News. “He is a great finisher and maybe not everyone has seen that yet. But we do see it every day in training.

“He hadn’t scored for a few games but he’s got off the mark now in the league so I think he’ll push on from there. He doesn’t let it get him down. His finishing is amazing in training and up there with the best I have seen.

“He is doing a selfless task playing on the left wing when he is a centre forward. He is doing a great job for the team.”

The transfer restrictions imposed on Wanderers in the last transfer window mean Armstrong’s loan from St James’s Park in up in January, alongside that of Antonee Robinson, Reece Burke and Josh Cullen.

It remains to be seen who will be kept on for the second half of the season but Madine hopes Armstrong gets a chance to emulate the prolific goal-scoring form he showed at Coventry City in League One two seasons ago.

“I am hoping so,” he said. “I know the gaffer will probably want him to and I know Adam will want to stay as well. Because we have a good bond as a team. I hope he stays. I am sure he will.”

Madine reckons Wanderers have now got up to speed with the Championship after a slow start and admits the international break came at an awkward time.

“After five games unbeaten you kind of don’t want to stop,” he said. “But if we’re sensible through the break and train well there’s no reason why it has to. There’s no reason to fear anyone.

“We look around and we were only promoted a few months ago. Confidence is still high - even higher now. Roll on Preston.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum