Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 2-2 Reading

Bolton 2-2 Reading

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 13:56

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reading are just six points ahead of us but with 2 games in hand, the first being against Wolves this afternoon, so whilst I reckon we have to be considered slight favourites on Tuesday due to our recent form, it's a worry. Sunderland have a good chance of overtaking us this afternoon with a home tie against Millwall and a new manager, Birmingham perhaps less so against Forest, but wherever we are in the table on Tuesday it is very tight and as we've got Wolves away in the following game, we really need to win.
It's a home match so I expect us to try and get on the front foot and am predicting a 3 - 1 victory to keep us in contention with the teams around us.

2 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 14:16

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I think that's a bit optimistic, Lusty. Not sure Sunderland will have the "New manager spell" cast on them. They're in a dire position. Brum will fade a bit and we hopefully will give Reading what for but a tight game. After Christmas will be a telling point. We might be able to kick on and aim for mid table. We seem to be doing a Wigan at the moment and I'm confident we'll survive. Fingers crossed, prayers said, rain dance completed and lucky rabbits foot kissed by half the squadron.

3 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 15:09

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bollotom2014 wrote:I think that's a bit optimistic, Lusty. Not sure Sunderland will have the "New manager spell" cast on them. They're in a dire position. Brum will fade a bit and we hopefully will give Reading what for but a tight game. After Christmas will be a telling point. We might be able to kick on and aim for mid table. We seem to be doing a Wigan at the moment and I'm confident we'll survive. Fingers crossed, prayers said, rain dance completed and lucky rabbits foot kissed by half the squadron.
I'm optimistic? And you mention "mid-table"? 
(BTW Wigan were relegated Smile )
I reckon Coleman will use his extensive contacts to their full extent in January and Sunderland will move up the table, which is why we need to make hay when we can - against teams like Reading.

4 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 15:14

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
...and within 10 minutes, Brum and Sunderland both winning putting us back to the bottom of the pile. Effing typical!

5 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 17:39

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Late, late equaliser from Ipswich has kept Hull from sneaking away from us, but with Brum winning and Sunderland drawing - and already showing signs of improving - it's not been a great weekend for us overall. All the more vital we beat Reading.

6 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 17:50

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I will feel confident once we are above Millwall and we have more points than games. but the run continues so all's well for Reading. and we have to close the gap to the pack ASAP.

7 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 19:59

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
wanderlust wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:I think that's a bit optimistic, Lusty. Not sure Sunderland will have the "New manager spell" cast on them. They're in a dire position. Brum will fade a bit and we hopefully will give Reading what for but a tight game. After Christmas will be a telling point. We might be able to kick on and aim for mid table. We seem to be doing a Wigan at the moment and I'm confident we'll survive. Fingers crossed, prayers said, rain dance completed and lucky rabbits foot kissed by half the squadron.
I reckon Coleman will use his extensive contacts to their full extent in January and Sunderland will move up the table, which is why we need to make hay when we can - against teams like Reading.

I think it was two seasons ago. Wigan were in crap and no chance but then picked up and went on a great run to avoid defeat in that season. Sorry I said you're optimistic. You're obviously not, you miserable clunker.  Twisted Evil

8 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 20:09

T.R.O.Y

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
wanderlust wrote:

I share most of our outlook Lust, but think you're overplaying Coleman a tad. Wildly underwhelming throughout the majority of his managerial career and looked to be on the scrapheap before he got the Wales job, not sure how well connected he really is or capable of saving Sunderland.

9 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sun Nov 19 2017, 12:41

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I guess I am optimistic despite seeing the quality in the other teams around us. At Sunderland I see quality players  - better than ours - who are underperforming and there is every chance that Coleman will get them sorted. Reading were immense but unlucky yesterday and Birmingham didn't really look like a team in trouble and deserved their win. Perhaps it's because I think that if we are to have any chance of survival with this squad they are going to have to step up to another level. We already improved in October but unfortunately not enough to convert those draws into the wins we need to close the gap so another step up is required and it could do with starting against a Reading side that were desperately unlucky against Wolves who we play next. 
If we lose to Reading on Tuesday - and we will do if both teams play as they did this weekend - we'll be in big trouble so I'm praying for a season best performance to get us through.

10 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Sun Nov 19 2017, 19:56

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I think we'll edge this one either 2-1 or 1-0 but it will be nervous and not a good one to watch.

11 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Mon Nov 20 2017, 10:41

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Phil Parkinson's men will host Reading on Tuesday 21 November and supporters can watch the game at Macron Stadium for just £15 for adults and £7 for concessions.

Family tickets are also available in the Carrs Pasties Family Stand and are priced at only £20 for one adult and one under 18 year-old or £40 for two adults and two under 18 year-olds.

Tickets are can be purchased in person at Bolton Central or by calling 0844 871 2932, option 2 then option 1. Alternatively, supporters can book their tickets online by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Supporters looking to upgrade their match day experience for this fixture can purchase hospitality places in the Lion of Vienna Suite for only £70. This includes a delicious one-course meal plus a cushioned seat in a prime viewing location.

Season Ticket Holders can upgrade their ticket to the Lion of Vienna Suite for just £50.
For further details or to book please contact the Sales Team 01204 673761, email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].uk or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to book online.

12 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Mon Nov 20 2017, 13:01

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Beevers suspended for this one having picked up 5 bookings.

13 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 10:29

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
both full backs doubtful if Darby plays we might be in trouble. but will go 2-1

14 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 12:58

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Reading

As Wanderers host Reading on Tuesday night looking to maintain their recent unbeaten run, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of the Whites' Sky Bet Championship clash with the Royals.

1. Unbeaten run

Wanderers head into Tuesday night's game with Reading unbeaten from their last six outings.

Picking up maximum points against Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich City, the Whites had only late goals to curse for stalemates against Queens Park Rangers, Fulham and Sunderland before fighting out a goalless draw with Preston North End last Friday.

But despite the recent November international break temporarily halting momentum, Bolton's current form sees them confident as they go in search of a third home win from four outings.

And with Phil Parkinson's men slowly narrowly the gap between themselves and the teams outside the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone, a victory for the Trotters could see them climb out of the bottom three if other results go their way.

2. Defensive re-shuffle?

Manager Phil Parkinson confirmed in his pre-match press conference that both Mark Little and Antonee Robinson are injury doubts for Tuesday's clash with the Royals after picking up knocks at Deepdale.

With Mark Beevers suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the season against Preston, this leaves David Wheater as potentially the lone survivor of Wanderers' back four for their clash with the Royals.

Stephen Darby, Dorian Dervite, Derik Osede and Reece Burke are all on standby to step in if required, though Andrew Taylor is unlikely to be risked.

Elsewhere, former Reading man Adam Le Fondre is back in contention after recovering from injury but Aaron Wilbraham and Chris Taylor remain sidelined.

3. £15 tickets

Supporters can watch Tuesday night's game at Macron Stadium for just £15 for adults and £7 for concessions!

Family tickets are also available in the Carrs Pasties Family Stand and are priced at only £20 for one adult and one under 18 year-old or £40 for two adults and two under 18 year-olds.

Buy your tickets online HERE and show your support for the mighty Whites!

4. Free concessionary upgrades

Concessionary season card holders wishing to upgrade their tickets for Tuesday's game can do so free of charge.

Available to supporters in possession of under-12, under-18, under-23, over-65 and over-75 season cards, fans are able to upgrade their ticket to a full adult as Bolton host Reading.

All adults wishing to use a concessionary season card simply has to present the card at the turnstile to gain entry to the stadium. No paper upgrade ticket will be needed for this fixture.

Tickets for the fixture remain on open sale and are available to purchase online and ‘Print at Home’ HERE.

Alternatively, tickets are also available over the phone on 0844 871 2932 or in person at Bolton Central.

5. Chairman Q&A and player signing session

It's set to be a busy pre-match at Macron Stadium on Tuesday night with Chairman Ken Anderson conducting a Q&A session with supporters from 6pm, with Mark Beevers, Chris Taylor and Aaron Wilbraham later taking part in a signing session at 7pm.

The event with the Chairman is open to all Wanderers ticket-holders and will take place in Reflections at Bolton Whites Hotel from 6pm.

Meanwhile, fans are encouraged to arrive in plenty of time at Bolton Central for the latest meet and gree session, with Beevers, Taylor and Wilbraham on hand to sign memorabilia and pose for photos.
With Bolton's 2017/18 home shirt back in stock in store, 'Wanderers Return', the club's 2016/17 promotion-winning commemorative book, available for a reduced price of just £7.99 and the Trotters' official matchday programme, 'The Wanderer' also on sale, fans will have plenty of opportunities to get merchandise signed by the trio!

So make sure you arrive at Macron Stadium early before cheering on Wanderers as they look to extend their unbeaten run!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 12:59

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Andrew Madley to run the rule over Reading match

Andrew Madley is set to take charge of Wanderers' meeting with Reading at Macron Stadium on Tuesday night.

Currently amidst his seventh season as a professional referee, the West Yorkshire-based official first took charge of a Whites game in January 2013 for the Whites' 1-1 draw with Millwall at Macron Stadium.

Since then the official has overseen a further six Bolton games, his last being the Trotters' home defeat to Ipswich Town earlier this season.

He has refereed 17 games so far this campaign, dishing out 45 yellow cards and no red cards, while he issued 146 yellow cards and eight red cards from 43 games last season.

Robert Merchant and James Wilson will run the line while Eddie Ilderton is the fourth official.

16 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 13:04

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Press Conference:

17 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 13:28

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Could be a completely different back 4 tonight, not good news  Shocked

18 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 16:09

Growler

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Norpig wrote:Could be a completely different back 4 tonight, not good news  Shocked
It should be an entertaining game of football tonight, for the wrong reasons, if we're having to turn out a Div 3 standard defence.
 I would think if we score less than 3 we won't win.

19 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 16:50

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
might have to change my score prediction  Very Happy

20 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 17:17

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm going for a 1-1 draw for this game. 

It's a shitty Tuesday night, cold and wet and neither team will be up for it and all would rather be at home in bed sucking their thumbs! Very Happy

21 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 18:48

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I get that it's going to be tough and we can lay out all the excuses in the world: Different defence, Reading playing really well ATM etc....BUT.... we are in deep poo, Wolves away next up and this is a home game that we really have to win if we are going to have a fighting chance of staying in touch and ultimately survive.
This is the level we need be at in the Championship so it's time for the heroes to step up and do the business. I predicted we'd move up a gear in October and we did, but now we have to push on and get to an even higher performance level so more out of hope than belief, I'm sticking with the 3 - 1 and praying that the players understand the significance of tonight's game. The psychological impact of tonight's game will be massive for the team - whichever way it goes.

22 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 19:12

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

23 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 19:41

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 20:40

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Join us in the chatbox and receive free virtual buffet!

25 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 20:56

Sluffy

Admin
With free virtual wine too.

Very Happy

26 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 21:46

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

27 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 22:01

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Report: Bolton Wanderers 2-2 Reading

Wanderers extended their unbeaten run in the Sky Bet Championship to seven games but were forced to settle for a solitary point against Reading at Macron Stadium on Tuesday even

The scoring was opened inside 18 minutes, with Reece Burke nodding home his first senior goal from a Josh Vela free-kick, before it was followed up five minutes later with a Darren Pratley header from close range.

The Royals pulled a goal back however with 14 minutes to go through Liam Moore, and they had an equaliser from the penalty spot with seven minutes left through Leandro Bacuna to ensure that the spoils were shared come full time.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers made one change to the side who started against Preston North End on Friday evening, with Reece Burke replacing the suspended Mark Beevers.

FIRST HALF

The home side started brightly, with Gary Madine almost capitalising from a defensive mix up, but Anssi Jaakkola pounced at the striker's feet to block any opportunity with the goal gaping.

Thereafter however, the visitors proceeded to enjoy a period of pressure, albeit mostly in their own half as the Whites’ shape ensured that they struggle to move the ball upfield and into any dangerous areas.

Modou Barrow was proving himself a threat for the Royals, and his endeavours almost paid off in the 15th minute as his cross narrowly eluded John Swift in the six yard box.

The aforementioned Swift then saw his night ended prematurely, with an injury forcing him from the field inside the opening 17 minutes.

Moments later meanwhile, Bolton opened the scoring from a free-kick won prior to Swift’s substitution, with Burke heading home a Vela free-kick to the delight of the Bolton faithful.

The goal seemed to breathe life into Wanderers, and it was swiftly followed with a second goal in the 24th minute as Pratley thundered home a header from close range.

The Whites were proving to be absolutely clinical, and although Reading were seeing more possession, they were failing to trouble the home side as the game reached its half hour mark.

Each and every time Bolton moved forward, or won a set-piece, they looked dangerous.

On a rare foray upfield, the visitors did threaten as Tyler Blackett’s cross flew tantilisingly across the face of goal, but Burke kept his cool to sweep it away from danger at the death with an orange shirt lurking.

As the remainder of the first half ebbed away however, the tempo of the clash did temper somewhat with goalmouth chances at a premium, and although Reading did enjoy a succession of corners on the stroke of half time, come the break, Wanderers led by two goals to nil.

SECOND HALF

With the second period underway, Wanderers looked dangerous from the off but it was the visitors who almost drew first blood, with Sone Aluko’s piledriver being palmed around the post by Ben Alnwick.

The Royals were certainly seeing more of the ball inside Bolton's third as the game settled back down, but some resolute Wanderers defending ensured that they were restricted in their opportunities.

Reading's Leandro Bacuna found himself in space meanwhile on the hour mark when 20 yards out from goal, but his drive was always floating upwards as it made its way goalward and comfortably cleared the crossbar.

It was cool, calm and collected play from the Whites, with them keeping their composure to stifle Jaap Stam's side flow.

And with just a quarter of the game to play, Bolton began to edge their way back onto the attack as they looked to put the game to bed, coming close following a melee in the Reading box with 18 minutes left.

With 14 minutes to go however, the visitors were back in it as Moore turned home a dangerous Barrow ball across the face of goal from close range.

The goal visibly boosted Reading, with them proceeding to throw men forward thereafter as they went in search of what had looked to be an unlikely equaliser for the majority of the game so far.

And with eight minutes to go, they had an opportunity as Barrow was deemed to have been fouled in the area by Ameobi in the area, with Bacuna levelling proceedings from 12 yards.

A sucker punch for Wanderers, they set about finding a winner in the clash and came close through Ameobi, only for his long range effort to fly narrowly past the post.

Time was running out for the Whites, with Adam Le Fondre and Craig Noone thrown into the mix as the clock ticked down.

And with four additional minutes indicated, it was all hands to the pump with Little seeing a half-volley deflect agonisingly wide while Pratley's header was straight at Jaakkola.

Come full time however, despite Bolton's best efforts and Le Fondre's close-range effort being somehow saved with the final kick of the game, the spoils were shared.

FULL TIME

28 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 22:10

Growler

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
2-0 up in an easy home game against 6th bottom but don't see the job out, that's the sort of thing teams that get relegated do.

29 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 22:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Growler wrote:2-0 up in an easy home game against 6th bottom but don't see the job out, that's the sort of thing teams that get relegated do.
Dropped 8 points from winning positions in 4 games.  Parky has to do better... otherwise we will be battling in the bottom 3 all season... and maybe not battling but living there. We are now working on a 33 point season... a win today would have been a 38 point season.  Parky - wake up... we have to do better and whatever it is you are doing is not working in the final 15 minutes.

30 Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading on Tue Nov 21 2017, 22:50

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
That loss tonight is simply down to Parkinson and his fucking awful tactics, time and time again when defending we cleared our lines by hoofing it, and with all our players in the box the ball just came stright back, and Madine just fuck off he's less than useless, time to fuck Parkinson off, fucking waste of 15 quid that.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum