You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton v Reading

Bolton v Reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 13:56

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reading are just six points ahead of us but with 2 games in hand, the first being against Wolves this afternoon, so whilst I reckon we have to be considered slight favourites on Tuesday due to our recent form, it's a worry. Sunderland have a good chance of overtaking us this afternoon with a home tie against Millwall and a new manager, Birmingham perhaps less so against Forest, but wherever we are in the table on Tuesday it is very tight and as we've got Wolves away in the following game, we really need to win.
It's a home match so I expect us to try and get on the front foot and am predicting a 3 - 1 victory to keep us in contention with the teams around us.

2 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 14:16

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I think that's a bit optimistic, Lusty. Not sure Sunderland will have the "New manager spell" cast on them. They're in a dire position. Brum will fade a bit and we hopefully will give Reading what for but a tight game. After Christmas will be a telling point. We might be able to kick on and aim for mid table. We seem to be doing a Wigan at the moment and I'm confident we'll survive. Fingers crossed, prayers said, rain dance completed and lucky rabbits foot kissed by half the squadron.

3 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 15:09

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bollotom2014 wrote:I think that's a bit optimistic, Lusty. Not sure Sunderland will have the "New manager spell" cast on them. They're in a dire position. Brum will fade a bit and we hopefully will give Reading what for but a tight game. After Christmas will be a telling point. We might be able to kick on and aim for mid table. We seem to be doing a Wigan at the moment and I'm confident we'll survive. Fingers crossed, prayers said, rain dance completed and lucky rabbits foot kissed by half the squadron.
I'm optimistic? And you mention "mid-table"? 
(BTW Wigan were relegated Smile )
I reckon Coleman will use his extensive contacts to their full extent in January and Sunderland will move up the table, which is why we need to make hay when we can - against teams like Reading.

4 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 15:14

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
...and within 10 minutes, Brum and Sunderland both winning putting us back to the bottom of the pile. Effing typical!

5 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 17:39

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Late, late equaliser from Ipswich has kept Hull from sneaking away from us, but with Brum winning and Sunderland drawing - and already showing signs of improving - it's not been a great weekend for us overall. All the more vital we beat Reading.

6 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 17:50

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I will feel confident once we are above Millwall and we have more points than games. but the run continues so all's well for Reading. and we have to close the gap to the pack ASAP.

7 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 19:59

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
wanderlust wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:I think that's a bit optimistic, Lusty. Not sure Sunderland will have the "New manager spell" cast on them. They're in a dire position. Brum will fade a bit and we hopefully will give Reading what for but a tight game. After Christmas will be a telling point. We might be able to kick on and aim for mid table. We seem to be doing a Wigan at the moment and I'm confident we'll survive. Fingers crossed, prayers said, rain dance completed and lucky rabbits foot kissed by half the squadron.
I reckon Coleman will use his extensive contacts to their full extent in January and Sunderland will move up the table, which is why we need to make hay when we can - against teams like Reading.

I think it was two seasons ago. Wigan were in crap and no chance but then picked up and went on a great run to avoid defeat in that season. Sorry I said you're optimistic. You're obviously not, you miserable clunker.  Twisted Evil

8 Re: Bolton v Reading on Sat Nov 18 2017, 20:09

T.R.O.Y

David Ngog
David Ngog
wanderlust wrote:

I share most of our outlook Lust, but think you're overplaying Coleman a tad. Wildly underwhelming throughout the majority of his managerial career and looked to be on the scrapheap before he got the Wales job, not sure how well connected he really is or capable of saving Sunderland.

9 Re: Bolton v Reading Yesterday at 12:41

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I guess I am optimistic despite seeing the quality in the other teams around us. At Sunderland I see quality players  - better than ours - who are underperforming and there is every chance that Coleman will get them sorted. Reading were immense but unlucky yesterday and Birmingham didn't really look like a team in trouble and deserved their win. Perhaps it's because I think that if we are to have any chance of survival with this squad they are going to have to step up to another level. We already improved in October but unfortunately not enough to convert those draws into the wins we need to close the gap so another step up is required and it could do with starting against a Reading side that were desperately unlucky against Wolves who we play next. 
If we lose to Reading on Tuesday - and we will do if both teams play as they did this weekend - we'll be in big trouble so I'm praying for a season best performance to get us through.

10 Re: Bolton v Reading Yesterday at 19:56

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I think we'll edge this one either 2-1 or 1-0 but it will be nervous and not a good one to watch.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum