Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Reading

+10
MartinBWFC
observer
Sluffy
Growler
Norpig
karlypants
rammywhite
wessy
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Tue Nov 21 2017, 23:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The result tonight ,despite being disappointing was justified. They were sharp  and found their men most of the time.We gave them huge amounts of space and from half time onwards we were on the back foot  and it should have come as a surprise to no-one that they scored and then equalised from a stupid penalty. With refereeing as bad as that you simply can't take risks. Would anyone been surprised if they had gone on and won the game.
Parkinson's tactics were too negative and are the same in most games.
Despite seven games without defeat tonight's performance was the sort that guarantees the third relegation spot- and that is exactly what we deserve

32Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Tue Nov 21 2017, 23:16

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Parkinson’s failure to see Ameobi was knackered and should of brought fresh legs on at 2-1.
Ameobis lumbering run that clipped the Reading players leg bringing him down when there was loads of cover is down to Parkinson as much as Ameobi.
This result could cost us big time. Forget Wolves we should forfeit and get some rest for Barnsley.
I feel that Fulham,Sunderland and tonight were all matches we should have won. Plenty of derbys back in leauge 1 next year. Fuck it FUMING!

33Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 00:26

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Again 26% possession at home is fucking pathetic, you give any team that amount of possession and they are going to crack you, dreading Saturday could be a cricket score, Parkinson needs to be fucked off.

34Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 01:33

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If Parky could organise a team well enough to keep the ball out of its net the possession stats wouldn't matter but sadly he cant do that
This cock up has the feel of the 2-0 leads squandered at  home  against Hull and West Brom which firstly did for Megson and secondly our time in the Premier League.A huge 2 points dropped against poor opposition.

We'd have gone into the Wolves match on a high but now we're in the dumps knowing that we're staring at relegation again.The next four away trips are a nightmare for a team that can't win away.I don't expect another away point until the New Year.
Realistically we have to win both the next two home games against Burton and Barnsley to get back on track but i cant see Parky rousing the team to win them both.Barnsley historically work too hard for weak Bolton sides.

35Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 08:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote: Parkinson needs to be fucked off.

Yeah that would do us loads of good, we could bring Owen Coyle back or summat lmao

36Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 points dropped last night, when is Parky going to realise that a team that has 25%-30% possession is never going to win games? I couldn't believe we were 2-0 up at HT as the stats were 80/20 to Reading but we should have seen the game out and continued to press them high up the pitch as they spent most of the game fannying around with it at the back.
A high press in the 2nd half would have given us more chance of getting a win but as usual Parky has them retreating. Ameobi played like an extra right back for the 2nd half because we dropped so far back and to me it was inevitable we wouldn't win when Reading got their first goal.

37Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 12:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It definitely feels like a loss. Unbeaten in seven sounds good but it doesn't tell the full story. If we can't keep hold of a 2-0 lead it doesn't bode well for the future.

38Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 13:04

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:It definitely feels like a loss. Unbeaten in seven sounds good but it doesn't tell the full story. If we can't keep hold of a 2-0 lead it doesn't bode well for the future.
RT - You speak the truth!  Disgraceful that Parky doesn't learn that his tactics are not holding leads.  8 points from 4 games... and we return to the bottom three.  We should have been out of there and looking above us.  Wake up Parky!

39Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBF to Parky we were 2nil up with just 20% of possession, and if we'd pressed on for a third or took the later chances we'd have been fine. However inviting pressure by sitting deep for an hour makes conceding inevitable, especially if we didn't have the ball further up the pitch occasionally to make them think twice about piling forward. Somehow he's got to find a way of controlling the midfield - not just breaking up attacks and then giving the ball back - but I don't think we have the players for it. And I suspect Parky thinks that too which is why we always seem to be dropping off instead of taking the game to the opposition at every opportunity. Possession is important if you do something with it, but to coin a NFL phrase, so does field position and if that position is around your own box for most of the game then they have all the chances and you can't score from there.

40Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 17:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The reason we lose goals in the dying minutes of games is a lack of fitness, or should I say so knackered from chasing the ball for 80 minutes, Parkinson is the only one to blame, most teams make the ball do their work, our hoofball means we're chasing shadows.

41Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 21:54

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:TBF to Parky we were 2nil up with just 20% of possession, and if we'd pressed on for a third or took the later chances we'd have been fine. However inviting pressure by sitting deep for an hour makes conceding inevitable, especially if we didn't have the ball further up the pitch occasionally to make them think twice about piling forward. Somehow he's got to find a way of controlling the midfield - not just breaking up attacks and then giving the ball back - but I don't think we have the players for it. And I suspect Parky thinks that too which is why we always seem to be dropping off instead of taking the game to the opposition at every opportunity. Possession is important if you do something with it, but to coin a NFL phrase, so does field position and if that position is around your own box for most of the game then they have all the chances and you can't score from there.

You are correct sir........  we do seem incapable of holding on to the ball ....it will do us in eventually. As you say though I'm not sure we have the players to do it.......our midfield has been non existent for quite a while now.

If we can stay close until January then get some decent loan players in then there is still hope. Off the top of the head I don't know what Sunderland and Birmingham financials are like. but I would wager better than ours...so if they reinforce in January then we are fooked IMO. 

I'll take a point and 10% possession this weekend though. ..dunno..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum