Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First summer gig at the Macron announced

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First summer gig at the Macron announced Empty First summer gig at the Macron announced Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems Ken's not been hanging about then! -

THE world's biggest girl band Little Mix have been lined up to play at The Macron Stadium.
The four-piece will be performing in Bolton as part of their Summer Hits Tour 2018.
Jesy Nelson, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall will be playing at the ground on Saturday, July 14.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Famous for hit singles including Shout Out To My Ex and Black Magic, the group achieved fame as winners of The X Factor in 2011.
They released their debut album DNA in 2012, which reached the top 10 in 10 countries including the UK and USA.

They became the first girl group since The Pussycat Dolls to reach the American top five with their debut album and earned the highest debut US chart position ever by a British girl group.
Little Mix recently released the platinum edition of their album Glory Days, the original version of which spent five weeks at the top of the UK albums chart.

News of the gig comes just a week after Bolton Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson revealed the club was discussing the possibility of bringing concerts back to the stadium.
Previous acts who performed when it was called the Reebok Stadium included Oasis, Coldplay, Pink and Sir Elton John.
Tickets for the Little Mix tour go on sale on Thursday at 9.30am.
For more information, go to little-mix.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anybody thinking of going?

I've no idea who they are myself - although I have heard of them before!

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How much money for the football club is this likely to generate then?

50k to hire the ground and 20k from extra hotel revenue and other bits and bobs.

Or is that being wildly optimistic or pessimistic?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As Bonce is not posting a lot these days, he's asked me to post this snap of himself as his contribution to this thread -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At last, a bit of talent on the pitch at the Macron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum