Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Barnsley

+12
Growler
wessy
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
Jack Russell
Wanderers for 45
gloswhite
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barnsley have a midweek away trip to reading to cope with before they visit the Reebok at the weekend but I still reckon we won't have enough to win it despite the "must -win" nature of the game. I'm thinking a draw.

2Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:00 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

On the basis that both teams can't lose, then I'll go for 2-1 and Armstrong

3Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If by any chance we find ourselves 2-0 up at halftime. Can we kill the game off by scoring a 3rd maybe 4 th. Sitting back does not work QPR,Reading, We we’re lucky Norwich scored in 94 th minute also the Referee did not give Sheff W a penalty at 2-1. When pegged back we go all out Attack for the final minutes. Why not try score 3 n win it outright. FFS Parkinson we are not good enough to defend a full half without conceding when ahead.

4Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

A must win game this one, no negativity Parky or some fans will want your head.

3-1 Bolton.

5Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:46 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Jack Russell wrote:A must win game this one, no negativity Parky or some fans will want your head.

3-1 Bolton.
I think most do now anyway.

6Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After Reading stuffed Barnsley on Tuesday they are 6 places and 7 points above us so draws aren't enough for us if we want to climb up this mini league at the bottom especially as the teams around are intent on doing exactly the same thing. Sunderland have already picked up their first win under Coleman so we can't depend on others losing all the time and equally we can't rely on our luck.
What we can do is start winning our home games and show a bit more resilience away, but it's going to be a tough slog but if we can better the teams in the bottom half of the league, starting with Barnsley, we may just still have a chance. But it has to be 3 points, however we get them.

7Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

8Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Barnsley

As Wanderers host Barnsley on Saturday afternoon in their latest league outing, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of the Whites' Sky Bet Championship clash with the Tykes.

1. Home form

Wanderers head into this weekend's game with Barnsley unbeaten in their last four matches at Macron Stadium.

Picking up maximum points against Sheffield Wednesday and Norwich City, the Whites have only been denied maximum points by Queens Park Rangers and Reading, with both sides scoring late on to snatch a share of the spoils at BL6.

2. Bouncing back

Having been seven games unbeaten prior to last weekend's defeat to Wolves, Phil Parkinson's men are certainly determined to bounce back at the first time of asking.

They will come up against a Barnsley side meanwhile who have lost their last three games in the Sky Bet Championship, including a 3-0 midweek reverse at the hands of Reading on their travels.

And with just seven points separating the Whites and the Reds, this Saturday's meeting could see that gap narrowed should the Trotters pick up maximum points come full time.

3. Defensive reshuffle?

With David Wheater suspended after picking up his fifth booking of the season against Wolves, this leaves the manager with a conundrum in terms of who will come into the fray in his place.

Reece Burke, Derik Osede, Stephen Darby and Dorian Dervite are all possibilities, with Burke in particular no doubt hungry to feature again on home soil after opening his goalscoring account for the club in his last outing at Macron Stadium against Reading.

4. Last chance to buy Wanderers' Festive Bundle

Fans have until 3pm on Saturday to purchase a special Festive Bundle ticket deal for the club's home matches in December.

For just £65 supporters can watch the home games against Barnsley (Saturday 2 December), Burton Albion (Saturday 16 December) and Cardiff City (Saturday 23 December), which represents a maximum saving of £27 on the total price of buying the tickets individually.

Supporters aged over 65 and under 23 will pay just £50 for the bundle (a maximum saving of £24) while children under the age of £18 will pay £20 for the three-game deal (a saving of £11).

Supporters can choose any part of the stadium for one set price if purchased on or before the Barnsley game on Saturday 2 December.

The Festive Bundle can be bought in person at Bolton Central, over the telephone on 0844 871 2932 or online via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5. Former Tykes man upfront?

Saturday will see current Bolton loanee and match programme cover star Adam Armstrong come up against his former loan side Barnsley.

The striker spent the 2016/17 season at Oakwell, scoring six goals in 37 appearances for the Yorkshire outfit.

And having figured prominently for the Whites so far this term, he will be no doubt hoping to put his old side to the sword this weekend as Parkinson's charges aim to pull themselves out of the second tier's bottom three.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Oliver Langford to officiate Saturday's clash with Barnsley

Oliver Langford will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship clash against Barnsley this weekend.

Taking charge of his first competitive fixture in August 2007, the West Midlands based referee last took charge of a Bolton game when the Whites travelled to Hull City earlier this season.
Mr Langford has taken charge of 19 games so far this term, brandishing 52 yellows and two red cards.

Steven Meredith and Jonathan Hunt will run the line, while Peter Bankes is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit foggy in Birchwood. Any problems in Horwich?

11Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:57 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bit foggy in Birchwood. Any problems in Horwich?
Not sure Bonce. My binoculars won't reach that far! Very Happy

12Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:00 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can feel a win coming our way today! :COYW:

13Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:I can feel a win coming our way in the next 12 months, :COYW:
There you go I've put it right for you.

14Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I feel optimistic about this one. I can feel a 3-1 win coming our way.

15Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:21 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:I can feel a win coming our way in the next 12 months, :COYW:
There you go I've put it right for you.
Stop being so negative! Very Happy

16Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:24 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I feel optimistic about this one. I can feel a 3-1 win coming our way.
That's the spirit Rammy!  cheers

17Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The result of this game defines the whole season for me, lose and we will show that we are nothing but cannon fodder. We have to win this

18Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:39 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

19Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

20Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Barnsley Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's not working KP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum