Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson plans to appeal against Wolves red card and FA improper conduct charge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson will contest the charge of improper conduct which has been levelled at him by the Football Association.

The Wanderers boss was sent to the stands by referee Keith Stroud during last Saturday’s 5-1 defeat at Wolves after a touchline argument with opposite number Nuno Espirito Santo.

Nuno was also sent off as both benches reacted to a heavy challenge from David Wheater on Jota.

Parkinson was instructed by the FA on Wednesday he would be facing a disciplinary charge for what was his second red card of the season and has been given until Monday, December 4 to respond.

Speaking to The Bolton News this afternoon, Parkinson said he felt the decision had been “harsh” and he would be looking to give his side of the story.

“I have spoken with Simon Marland (Wanderers’ club secretary), as the thing only came through yesterday but having looked at the incident, I was out of my technical area 15 seconds in total. To be sent off for that, I think, is harsh,” he said.

“I asked the ref the question afterwards if bad language had been used at any point of the game and he said ‘no.’ “To be charged on top of that is harsh. I can’t say I didn’t come out of the technical area and that there was not an argument – it’s a passionate game.

“I saw Pep Guardiola on the pitch pushing a fellow player last night, running on the pitch after scoring a goal.

“I thought it could have been managed better but then to be sent off as well, I’d probably like my chance to have a chat with the FA about that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum