You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Josh Vela

Josh Vela

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Josh Vela on Tue Dec 05 2017, 16:52

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
According to news reports Brighton are eyeing up Josh Vela ahead of a potential move in January. Vela, 23, has 18 months left on his contract and may be sold to help ease the club's financial worries.Derby County, Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday are also among Vela's admirers.

2 Re: Josh Vela on Tue Dec 05 2017, 17:19

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Very worrying but inevitable given our financial predicament.

3 Re: Josh Vela on Tue Dec 05 2017, 18:01

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Shite. Not good.

4 Re: Josh Vela on Tue Dec 05 2017, 19:18

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
If Clough can't get a game at Forest then Josh will have splinters in his arse at Brighton. Don't see it happening.

5 Re: Josh Vela on Tue Dec 05 2017, 20:08

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
wessy wrote:If Clough can't get a game at Forest then Josh will have splinters in his arse at Brighton. Don't see it happening.
Get Clough back for 25% of what we were paid... cmon KA... show us some negotiating skills.

6 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 13:57

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Now that Prats is getting on a bit, Josh is perhaps our only box to box athlete in the senior squad and he has a bit of talent too. OK he isn't De Bruyne but I reckon he is a crucial part of the team and shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. It will be an interesting test of Anderson's ambitions for the club but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me if another asset was cashed in.

7 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 14:00

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
He himself stated the return of Ameobi and Vela was no surprise to the change of results after our bad start, so it would be stupid to cash in. A Championship club is more attractive than a league 1 club to potential buyers.

8 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 14:19

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:Now that Prats is getting on a bit, Josh is perhaps our only box to box athlete in the senior squad and he has a bit of talent too. OK he isn't De Bruyne but I reckon he is a crucial part of the team and shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. It will be an interesting test of Anderson's ambitions for the club but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me if another asset was cashed in.
Pratley, box to box mid-fielder? you are joking aren't you? I'd put him down as an athlete but never a footballer, but then I see him in real time and do not in the slightest rate him, he's just shite at what he does.

9 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 15:14

bryan458

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Now that Prats is getting on a bit, Josh is perhaps our only box to box athlete in the senior squad and he has a bit of talent too. OK he isn't De Bruyne but I reckon he is a crucial part of the team and shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. It will be an interesting test of Anderson's ambitions for the club but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me if another asset was cashed in.
Pratley, box to box mid-fielder? you are joking aren't you? I'd put him down as an athlete but never a footballer, but then I see him in real time and do not in the slightest rate him, he's just shite at what he does.
Come on now !! Pratters is deffo a box to box midfielder its just that everyone else is twice as quick, I can honestly say that with the exception of Franck Passi, ive never seen anyone run around as much without ever getting near the ball, a top signing, cheers Owen!!!

10 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:01

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Our improvement is in having Pratley and Henry in midfield. Just my opinion. Pratleys recall after injury at Fleetwood helped us go on a great run with 5 away wins on the bounce.
Just seen an article regarding Josh Vela saying Leeds are preparing a 700k bid. Fuck off you Yorkshire twats. Anything less than 4 million with add ons and I’d rather let his contract run down.
Bolton have sold all our development players £2.1 million for Holding was a disgrace. If Luton Town command £4 million for a leauge 2 striker. We should be getting a minimum 4 million for Vela.
Ken Anderson is just interested in balancing the books. He wants rid and if we are still losing money then he will undoubtably sell Vela.

11 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:23

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Pratley aside ( he is a bit shit though ) See Sunderland are eyeing Madine in January

12 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:31

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:Pratley aside ( he is a bit shit though ) See Sunderland are eyeing Madine in January
Selling to a club that are in direct competition with us would not be beyond Ken IMO. 
As for Pratley, he used to have a great engine but was made to look daft by trying to close down the opposition on his own earlier in the season and is greatly improved by playing deeper alongside Henry.

13 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:38

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Pratley aside ( he is a bit shit though ) See Sunderland are eyeing Madine in January
Selling to a club that are in direct competition with us would not be beyond Ken IMO. 
As for Pratley, he used to have a great engine but was made to look daft by trying to close down the opposition on his own earlier in the season and is greatly improved by playing deeper alongside Henry.
No he really isn't, Henry has helped make him look slightly better, but trust me he's still shite, take it from me Wandy I see him almost every week.

14 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:59

T.R.O.Y

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Can’t see anyone being desperate enough to sign Vela that they pay a fee in January. Far more likely he’ll negotiate a free transfer this time next year.

15 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:17

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ken Anderson is just interested in balancing the books.

Yep what an idiot why not borrow 180 million if only the previous regime had done that we wouldn't be in the shit we are in. what you thinking Ken !!!!

16 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:17

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Agree that Pratley had an impact last year at the right time, and at present his partnership with Henry on the whole works, we just need to bring someone in who can do a better job, who can beat a man put in a tackle without going to ground, so that he can drop to the bench.

Last edited by wessy on Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:21; edited 1 time in total

17 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:18

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd rather we keep Vela and Leeds can do one with their 700k bid. They are guaranteed to get promotion to the Prem so he'd be better off staying with us until a better offer comes along.

18 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:43

Leeds_Trotter

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd rather we keep Vela and Leeds can do one with their 700k bid. They are guaranteed to get promotion to the Prem so he'd be better off staying with us until a better offer comes along.
Leeds won't be going anywhere RT, they are bottlers. lol!

19 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 19:58

Growler

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
If Vela goes to Brighton it'll be at least 5 ex Bolton "stars" in the Premier League, 3 of them at Chelsea and Arsenal.

And what did we get? about £10 million combined for Gary Cahill, Aaron Mooy, Marcus Alonso and Rob Holding.

20 Re: Josh Vela on Wed Dec 06 2017, 22:01

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Growler wrote:If Vela goes to Brighton it'll be at least 5 ex Bolton "stars" in the Premier League, 3 of them at Chelsea and Arsenal.

And what did we get? about £10 million combined for Gary Cahill, Aaron Mooy, Marcus Alonso and Rob Holding.

I can't remember us ever getting a fair price for one of our players. Anyone got any suggestions of us getting a good deal on a sale?

21 Re: Josh Vela on Thu Dec 07 2017, 09:36

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
xmiles wrote:
Growler wrote:If Vela goes to Brighton it'll be at least 5 ex Bolton "stars" in the Premier League, 3 of them at Chelsea and Arsenal.

I can't remember us ever getting a fair price for one of our players. Anyone got any suggestions of us getting a good deal on a sale?
Anelka.

22 Re: Josh Vela on Thu Dec 07 2017, 10:25

Growler

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
£14 million a fair price for Nicolas Anelka?, if Bolton had a supply of more world class strikers Chelsea would love to be paying £14 million a time.

Blackburn got £15 million  for David Bentley who was obviously a class or two below Anelka

23 Re: Josh Vela on Thu Dec 07 2017, 20:20

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I can't see us losing anyone in January,

1) KA is banking on retaining our championship status

2) He publicly asked the fans to help fund the transfer window it makes no sense to weaken the squad unless a decent amount is offered and 750k is not the answer surely.

Not sure how fans pledging money by attending the home games until May helps in January a bit of a flawed plan Kenneth.

24 Re: Josh Vela on Thu Dec 07 2017, 20:58

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wessy wrote:I can't see us losing anyone in January,

2) He publicly asked the fans to help fund the transfer window it makes no sense to weaken the squad unless a decent amount is offered and 750k is not the answer surely.

Not sure how fans pledging money by attending the home games until May helps in January a bit of a flawed plan Kenneth.
I think he was touting the half season ticket.

25 Re: Josh Vela on Thu Dec 07 2017, 21:21

y2johnny

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
MartinBWFC wrote:
wessy wrote:I can't see us losing anyone in January,

I think he was touting the half season ticket.
 this

26 Re: Josh Vela on Thu Dec 07 2017, 21:23

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I think it may well be that our gates may increase should we get into the Prem, so why aren't those fans now not attending? Seems like they're standing around watching the present fans building the swimming pool and once it's completed the absentees will want to be first into the pool.
My Grandad often tells me of the massive gates at Burnden Park back in the day, though I think moving out to Horwich disenfranchised some of the Farnworth/Kearsley/Clifton/Swinton folk. We need a tramlink system Manchester to Horwich direct to have some good increase in fan numbers.

27 Re: Josh Vela on Fri Dec 08 2017, 08:23

Growler

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Home support will increase in the top division because thousands of people only want to watch top division football.This is the case at the vast majority of clubs in England.Even the magnificently loyal Man City crowd was 26,000 lower in the 3rd tier than it is now

28 Re: Josh Vela on Fri Dec 08 2017, 12:52

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BWFC fans are fickle. Anderson was comparing this season to last, but last year we were expected to win lots of games and this year we're not.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum