Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion

+16
MartinBWFC
Norpig
NickFazer
Wanderers for 45
RustyNail
boltonbonce
Growler
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
Boggersbelief
wessy
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:10 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brum are playing Sunderland next week so we will definitely need something from the Cardiff game - and we have tough away trips to Boro and Sheff U immediately after that.
In fact, apart from the Hull game, we don't play another team currently in the bottom half of the table until 10th February so big changes are needed.

32BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Brum are playing Sunderland next week so we will definitely need something from the Cardiff game - and we have tough away trips to Boro and Sheff U immediately after that.
In fact, apart from the Hull game, we don't play another team currently in the bottom half of the table until 10th February so big changes are needed.
We are getting nothing out of the Cardiff game.

33BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Brum are playing Sunderland next week so we will definitely need something from the Cardiff game - and we have tough away trips to Boro and Sheff U immediately after that.

We'll be long gone by 10th February.

34BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There is no way back from this.

A win today and we would have had a chance of survival.

The January transfer window will be too late for us, even if we could strengthen the team with a couple of free transfers.

But then you should never make predictions  30 minutes after being beaten at home by the bottom club in the division.

There is always hope, but that is the JD talking.

Enjoy Strictly.

35BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:28 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:

We'll be long gone by 10th February.
Spot on if Parkinson keeps his job, change now and we may just have enough to stay up.

36BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:Parky is well out of his depth.

At the end of the day, he really is a League 1 manager at best.
We were almost at full strength today and I'd say 4 or 5 of our best team belong in Div 3 with Parky too.It's difficult to carry so many.

I'm sure Allardyce would find a way to keep our shite up but unfortunately Ken won't pay for either a quality manager or better players.We aren't doomed this season, its not impossible to finish above Burton, Birmingham and Barnsley,  but if we stay up so what? It'll be the same old shite again next season. The future of the club is not bright

37BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:06 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't wait to read what KA will write this week.  Team can't put away the bottom dwellers at the Macron.  Shut out in 10 of 22 matches (yeah, we need another winger!)... and now we are looking at a 32 point season.  Losing to the bottom sure will inspire 20k to show up... and now we have a tough run.  Parky didn't do the job needed in the past 4 games, and relegation is a real possibility.  Who could KA possibly afford in January who could turn our season around?

38BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:19 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got in.
That was a pile of shite.

39BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:32 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:I can't wait to read what KA will write this week.  Team can't put away the bottom dwellers at the Macron.  Shut out in 10 of 22 matches (yeah, we need another winger!)... and now we are looking at a 32 point season.  Losing to the bottom sure will inspire 20k to show up... and now we have a tough run.  Parky didn't do the job needed in the past 4 games, and relegation is a real possibility.  Who could KA possibly afford in January who could turn our season around?
I reckon that guy at Luton could do a great job further up the league ladder, anybody could do a better job than Parkinson is at the moment, look at Sunderland couldn't buy a win so they sack their manager and now looking good, I'm not having it that the squad is poor as it's not, it's a squad more than capable of a mid-table finish but being led by an incompetent fool.

40BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:45 pm

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I didn't go today so probably shouldn't comment, but I still think he is doing ok with what is most definitely one of the worst squads in my lifetime. 

Gary Madine is our player of the season so far who can't hit a barn door. Just have a think about that for a minute. I'd say there's only Vela, who is about to be sold, and Wheater, who are good enough for this division.

I think only a really top class manager could get this bunch further up the league.

41BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:49 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RustyNail wrote:I didn't go today so probably shouldn't comment, but I still think he is doing ok with what is most definitely one of the worst squads in my lifetime. 

Gary Madine is our player of the season so far who can't hit a barn door. Just have a think about that for a minute. I'd say there's only Vela, who is about to be sold, and Wheater, who are good enough for this division.

I think only a really top class manager could get this bunch further up the league.
Tell that to Sunderland, Palace, Everton, and West Ham fans.

42BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:58 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is poor and piss poor we were worse than piss poor today.

43BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

We missed Mark Little today hope he is back next week.
Apart from that side note we were shit,we seem to play worse against the poorer teams. This is one of the worst squads I can remember since the horrible 80’s.
We used the same formation at home when we should of been more expansive and attacked Burton. Alnwick should of done better but he’s a leauge 1 keeper and if we go down Jake Turner should become first team keeper. Start playing the likes of Connor Hall if we are in leauge 1. I hope we stay up and someone buys us. I can’t see much interest in a leauge 1 Club. Onwards v Cardiff.
Gutted but I had a feeling it could be a banana skin after 5 unbeaten at home.

44BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disastrous result, dead n buried.
Not Parkys fault, we are just shit, you can’t polish a turd

45BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bag o shite

46BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:39 am

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a good performance by any stretch yesterday, many more and we are heading down if we aren't already. Most accept that this season was going to be difficult and that staying up would be an achievement by itself, of course that was back in the summer before you have to sit through games like yesterday freezing your nuts off. We aren't dead and buried yet but unless we are able to address at least some of our limitations early in January we may be cut adrift.

Anderson will have big decisions to make in the next few weeks and he is likely to be criticised whatever options he chooses. The fans are turning against Parky accusing him of being one dimensional and having no "Plan B", the same accusations that were levelled at Coyle, Freedman and Lennon, in fact it is repeated at all stadiums of struggling clubs along with "insert managers name, sort it out". In my own opinion I see players that in some cases cannot cope with the intensity of this division and as a group lack in ability and confidence when it is not going their way, some of that is due to the management although I genuinely think that they are playing for him (just not very well). We desperately need some quality in midfield and a cutting edge up front or back to League 1 we go.

47BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 am

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Early in the season we were getting beat by the likes of Boro, Leeds, Derby and everybody accepted it because they've spent millions, and we're poor little Bolton, I wonder where Millwall would be now if their manager thought that way, how much did Burton splash out? point is we can't keep going on about this lack of cash, and consider the fact we have a manager that can't manage at this level.

48BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Early in the season we were getting beat by the likes of Boro, Leeds, Derby and everybody accepted it because they've spent millions, and we're poor little Bolton, I wonder where Millwall would be now if their manager thought that way, how much did Burton splash out? point is we can't keep going on about this lack of cash, and consider the fact we have a manager that can't manage at this level.

We've lost a battle not the war.

When the cavalry arrives in the transfer window we will be fine.

Long way to go yet.

49BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

@burtonalbionfc

Lloyd Dyer's record v Bolton

Played 8
Won 7
Drawn 1
Lost 0

Goals 4

50BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 Burton Albion Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a truly awful performance, to think i sat in the freezing cold for nearly 2 hours to watch that shite!

When is Parky going to realise that hoofball doesn't work? The man has no tactical nous at all and does nothing to change the way the team plays and when he did eventually bring on Wilbraham (who is a waste of a wage) then it meant even more long ball if that was possible.

Why didn't he take off Pratley at half time and drop Vela alongside Henry and bring on Noone or Morais? Vela is one of our better players but he's not playing well in the no10 role this season, it would make more sense to play Ameobi there for me.

Parky then brings on Morais and has him playing the no10 role when everyone knows he is better out wide then shunts him back to right back, he really is clueless!

If we can't beat the likes of Burton at home we don't deserve to stay up and i can't see us making any decent signings in January only selling the likes of Vela and Madine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum