Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 1-0 Hull

BWFC 1-0 Hull

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 BWFC 1-0 Hull on Sun Dec 31 2017, 16:32

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's unfortunate that immediately after a great away win, we still need the 3 points against a team that pumped us at their place earlier in the season. 
Barnsley are playing Sunderland so one or both of them will be putting points on the board and both Brum and Burton have winnable away games against mediocre opposition so we need this one to push up the relegation mini league.
The good news is that we are playing better than we did then and Hull will be without their most dangerous attacking player (IMO) Grosicki. Unfortunately they still have Evandro and Frazier Campbell and a bunch of other talented players.
I am concerned that the lads will slip into complacency for this one as they have previously after a win, but all being well we are in with a chance. I reckon it will be a scrappy game and hope we can scrape result by the odd goal. My guess is 2 - 1.

2 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Sun Dec 31 2017, 19:32

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
2-0 Prats

3 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Sun Dec 31 2017, 20:03

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think we're capable of comfortably beating this lot at the moment. Confidence will be high after wins against a couple of high flying teams and Madine will continue to play out of his skin for a move in January.

4 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Sun Dec 31 2017, 20:49

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Will be a draw this game.

5 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 11:11

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Sorry to break it to you all but i'm going today and i have yet to see us win at home this season so i can only apologise in advance.

6 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 11:13

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
1-1. We always blow it after a good performance.

7 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 12:04

NickFazer

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
How a team in the bottom three can possibly be complacent is a mystery to me, we were awful against Burton but I don't think complacency came into it, lacking ideas, lacking energy and quality, yes all of those. We should be at it today I think. COYWM

8 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
More importantly, it's going to be the last ever game for stinky if he's not had a bath.

9 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:04

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:24

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
BoltonTillIDie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
shocking team is that, we should be playing 2 up top. We looked better when we had a couple in attack. I give up with Parky.

11 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:29

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Maybe he's trying to counteract what they did to us in the game at their place. They totally dominated that game. Time will tell...

12 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:31

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Difficult to understand that selection given that ALF, Cullen, Wheats and Morais are all on the bench and therefore presumably not injured. Has to be a tactical move rather than enforced changes, but unless I'm missing something I can't understand why.

13 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:37

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
wanderlust wrote:Difficult to understand that selection given that ALF, Cullen, Wheats and Morais are all on the bench and therefore presumably not injured. Has to be a tactical move rather than enforced changes, but unless I'm missing something I can't understand why.
Cullen probably deserved to keep his place in the side but Vela has been one of our better players recently. Despite what Norpig would have you believe Me Fondre wasn' that good at Bramall lane so Ameobi coming in would be a logical choice. 

Parkinson is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. If he played 3 at the back people would have been complaining,

14 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:38

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:43

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
DEANO82 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Difficult to understand that selection given that ALF, Cullen, Wheats and Morais are all on the bench and therefore presumably not injured. Has to be a tactical move rather than enforced changes, but unless I'm missing something I can't understand why.
Cullen probably deserved to keep his place in the side but Vela has been one of our better players recently. Despite what Norpig would have you believe Me Fondre wasn' that good at Bramall lane so Ameobi coming in would be a logical choice. 

Parkinson is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't. If he played 3 at the back people would have been complaining,

I would have liked to of seen us line up like this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:44

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live via the link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
not getting any sound KP

17 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:45

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
fine for me

18 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:51

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
BoltonTillIDie wrote:fine for me
working now.

19 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 15:38

Sluffy

Admin
Madine free kick 1-0

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

20 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 16:53

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance::

21 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 16:54

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
FT 1-0!!

22 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 16:57

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We were lucky again today but it feels good to be back out of the bottom 3

23 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 17:02

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
In parky we trust.. fuck off martin

24 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 17:09

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay

25 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 17:17

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-0 Hull City

Gary Madine's ninth goal of the campaign was enough for Wanderers to pick up all three points against Hull City and start 2018 with a bang on New Year's Day.

The big striker hit the decisive effort with 20 minutes on the clock, with his beautifully crafted free-kick leaving Allan McGregor with no hope.

And come full time, his goal was the difference as Bolton ran out winners.

TEAM NEWS

Phil Parkinson made four changes from the team that beat Sheffield United at Bramall Lane at the weekend as Bolton Wanderers looked to build on that sterling performance in front of their own fans at Macron Stadium.

Sammy Ameobi returned to the starting XI after recovering from a knee injury that prevented his inclusion against the Blades, while Will Buckley, Josh Vela and Mark Little came back into the fore at the expense of David Wheater, Josh Cullen, Filipe Moraidand Adam Le Fondre, who were all named among the substitutes.

FIRST HALF

The opening exchanges offered very little in terms of attacking intent with both defences firmly on top. The tempo wasn’t helped by the swirling wind and rain which had engulfed Macron Stadium.

Wanderers suffered an early blow after they lost Karl Henry in the 13th minute to what appeared to be a leg injury. Josh Cullen was the like for like replacement.

The hosts had their first real chance shortly afterwards after Hull failed to clear a free-kick into their box. Gary Madine, the hero of Bramall lane, produced some lovely control just outside the penalty box to fashion a chance, but his shot cannoned off a defender before going for a corner.

Madine then sent the Macron into raptures of delight when his rasping 20-yard free-kick flew beyond Allan McGregor with marvellous majesty.

Not renowned for his shooting prowess from set-pieces, the big striker looked to be a mere distraction for the Hull defence as the left-footed splendour of Ameobi appeared to be shaping up to shoot. However, Madine’s effort couldn’t have been struck any sweeter as Wanderers took the lead in serene style.

Ben Alnwick was pressed into making his first save on the half hour mark after a lovely passage of play from Hull culminated in the Wanderers keeper making the vital block at the expense of a corner off a Jarod Bowen effort.

Wanderers again had to make an enforced change immediately afterwards with captain Darren Pratley limping off and Morais coming on for the midfielder.

The two unfortunate changes stymied the rhythm Wanderers had orchestrated for themselves and Alnwick, on his 31st birthday, again had to make another important save diving to his right – to keep out Markus Henriksen’s 25 yard free kick.

Ameobi looked to respond and his run ended with a low, powerfully struck drive, which went wide of McGregor’s left hand post.

Morais spurned a good opportunity to double Wanderers’ lead just before the break after he latched on to Madine’s flick after Jon Toral slipped. The wideman was unable to keep his volley on target.

SECOND HALF

Bowen should have restored parity moments after the restart when Nouha Dicko’s low centre from the right flank flashed across goal. The Tigers forward inexplicably put the shot wide with the goal at his mercy.

Ameobi had another powerful shot but again it went wide as the poor weather conditions showed no sign of letting up.

Wanderers seemed determined to find that second though and Little was unlucky to see a volley cleared away.

Morais then had a taste of the action when his header off a Vela centre was cleared for a corner.

The hosts were certainly stepping up after a sluggish start to the second period, but were susceptible on the counter.

Alnwick, not for the first time, came to Wanderers’ rescue with a fine block to keep out Henriksen after the Tigers countered at breakneck speed.

Hull made a double attacking substitution just after the hour mark with Fraizer Campbell and Seb Larsson coming for Dicko and Stewart.

Mark Beevers produced a crucial tackle to thwart Bowen but despite Hull’s chances, Wanderers looked comfortable at dealing with anything they threw at them.

Nigel Adkins’ made his final change of the afternoon with Evandro coming on for Henriksen with ten minutes remaining.

A snapshot from Morais went just over the bar as Wanderers buoyed by the 14,216 crowd endeavoured to get a decisive second.

Beevers once again got his body in the way of a Bowen shot as the intensity was heating up at both ends.

Le Fondre came on for Buckley for the final five minutes to give the hosts a different dimension.

And although the visitors pushed for a leveller inside the final stages of the clash, a resolute Bolton backline rebuffed their advances to hold out for their second victory in three days.

26 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 17:45

Biggie

Admin
A difficult game to watch at times spattered with some flashes of excitement.
Bolton broke the deadlock when Gaz stepped up to dispatch a Beckhamesque effort mid way through the first half from his 25 yard free kick.
Possession was wasted a lot but effort wasn't lacking.
The second half was an improvement and Morais made a difference to our attacking threat. Cullen also played his part and we didn't really miss Pratley or Henry in the middle after they both went off injured early in the game.
Ameobi showed flashes of brilliance here and there and Madine continued to win battles and show his own flashes of creativity with super hold up play and little back heels.

Robinson had a mixed game on the left and a few things just didn't come off for him. Vela was solid as he moved back into central midfield and it helped to make us more creative as the second half progressed.

A few scares in front of the Bolton goal were normally matched with good saves, industrious blocks or slices of luck where required.
Let Fondre was introduced for the final few minutes and his great work with Ameobi brought a huge chance for Madine who nearly sealed the deal but saw his header fly just wide.
Fact is, 3 more points go on the board for Bolton but with the same amount of effort and a bit more aptitude I think we can go up another gear or two.
On a final note Madine was also key in injury time when he made two or three vital headed clearances.

Last edited by Biggie on Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:04; edited 1 time in total

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 17:47

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Biggie wrote:A difficult game to watch at times spattered with some flashes of excitement.
Bolton broke the deadlock when Gaz stepped up to dispatch a Beckhamesque effort mid way through the first half from his 25 yard free kick.
Possession was wasted a lot but effort want lacking.
The second half was an improvement and Morais made a difference to our attacking threat. Cullen also played his part and we didn't really miss Pratley or Henry in the middle after they both went off injured early in the game.
Ameobi showed flashes of brilliance here and there and Madine continued to win battles and show his own flashes of creativity with sir hold up play and little back heels.

Robinson had a mixed game on the left and a few things just didn't come off for him. Vela was solid as he moved back into central midfield and it helped to make us more creative as the second half progressed.

A few scares in front of the Bolton goal were normally matched with good saves, industrious blocks or slices of luck where required.
Let Fondre was introduced fit the final few minutes and his great work with Ameobi bright a huge chance for Madine who nearly sealed the deal but saw his header fly just wide.
Fact is, 3 more points go on the board for Bolton but with the same amount of effort and a bit more aptitude I think we can go up another gear or two.
On a final note Madine was also key in injury tune when he made two or three vital headed clearances.  
Spot on Biggie... Lady Luck was our 12th player today... but Madine should have sealed it... but ran out of gas (gaz?).

28 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:06

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Another solid display rode our luck late on but played some nice stuff at times, can't fault the work rate and little parky could do in the way of changes after the early injuries. 5th bottom who would have thought that in September.

29 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:19

Keegan

If that's where we finish the season, I,ll be a happy camper!

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30 Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull on Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:21

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:We were lucky again today

You massive gobshite.

Lucky? They had one clear cut chance when they hit the post. We scored one and Madine should have had a second near the end. They had a lot of the ball but did very little with it.

We lost, arguably, our best player early on and then his midfield partner limped off a few minutes later. Yet they still only had one good chance.

There was nothing lucky about it. We worked hard, scored a good goal, and defended it about as well as any team could.

I'm sure your armchair knows better though.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum