Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darts

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Darts Empty Darts Mon Jan 01 2018, 14:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure if anyone watches the darts, but potentially a very good game today in the PDC World championships. Phil "The Power" Taylor will face Rob Cross (Who only started playing professionally 11 months ago). Rob cross beat the reigning world number 1 Michael van Gerwen in a thrilling Semi Final, which went to a tie break.

Rob Cross is dubbed to be the new Phil Taylor and this is apparently going to be Phil's last match before he retires.

2Darts Empty Re: Darts Tue Jan 02 2018, 11:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the last few sets and Cross hammered Taylor, it did seem Cross winning wasn't as important as Taylor retiring so i felt a bit sorry for Cross as he couldn't celebrate his win properly. The £400K will soften the blow though i reckon.

The semi final against Van Gerwin was a cracker though!

3Darts Empty Re: Darts Tue Jan 02 2018, 11:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taylor was only one dart away from a nine darter. He needed double 12,and the dart landed just the wrong side of the wire.

4Darts Empty Re: Darts Tue Jan 02 2018, 12:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cross was immense, hardly missed a shot all game. Taylor had a decent game but nowhere near as good as Cross. The 9 darter was very close

5Darts Empty Re: Darts Tue Jan 02 2018, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It bugs me that people within the game think darts is a sport. It's a game, not a sport. Yes, there is great skill involved to be a top player, just like there is in Ker-plunk, chess and Operation.

Someone yesterday was comparing Taylor to Ronaldo, Mo Farah and Alistair Cook. I laughed out loud.

6Darts Empty Re: Darts Tue Jan 02 2018, 13:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:It bugs me that people within the game think darts is a sport. It's a game, not a sport. Yes, there is great skill involved to be a top player, just like there is in Ker-plunk, chess and Operation.

Someone yesterday was comparing Taylor to Ronaldo, Mo Farah and Alistair Cook. I laughed out loud.
The Cricketer or the Journalist? The Journalist is well famous for being attacked by a Duck.

7Darts Empty Re: Darts Tue Jan 02 2018, 13:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Taylor scores more than That greasy twat Ronaldo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum