Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derik Osede, Dorian Dervite and Chris Taylor head for exit at Bolton

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS will give at least three players a chance to leave the Macron in the January window.
The Bolton News understands Dorian Dervite, Chris Taylor and Derik Osede will be offered a move away this month after failing to stake a claim for a first team place under Phil Parkinson.
Ken Anderson says the club is not under financial pressure to trim its squad but has pledged to put funds gained by player sales or loans into the pot for incoming deals, earmarked by the manager.
“I do think we can stay up but the $64m question is what we need,” he told us.

“I think we need a striker who can run at opponents and score goals – which is something we don’t have at the moment.
“We need a box-to-box attacking midfielder. I think football has changed and nowadays you need big powerful midfielders.
“Managers like Arsene Wenger led the way about 10-12 years ago. Nowadays the likes of Manchester City are packing their midfield with big 6ft-plus players who get up and down the pitch.
“I think we probably need another centre-half for cover, too. It’s the position which probably gets the most suspensions.”

Anderson feels by bringing the squad size to a more manageable level he can boost the pot available for Parkinson to sign a front man – which is likely to be the most expensive outlay in the window.
“We don’t have to sell to buy but I know quite a few managers, and have dealt with people in the game, who say 23-25 players is the perfect squad size,” he said.
“I spent this morning looking through the stats and there are four or five players who have not been playing football. Should we let them out on loan? Would they want to go? Do they accept they are not in contention at the moment?
“The combined salary of these players adds up to a lot of money and means instead of looking at a striker at £8-12,000 a week we could be looking at a Premier League striker who isn’t figuring for his team or maybe a player at one of the top Championship clubs.
“When we’re talking strikers I need to be convinced that the player who is coming in is ready to go.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15801192.Wanderers_ready_to_shift_THREE_first_team_players/

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taylor and Dervite can go, no problem but i'll be sad to see Derik go. He never really got a chance to stake a claim and was played in a few different positions which didn't help him. I still think he could do a job as a defensive midfielder so it depends on the injuries to Henry and Pratley if we do let him go

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me Parky, the position we need to fill first is a left sided midfielder. Someone left footed.

We've tried Noone, Buckley and a series of donkeys in that position but they've all been shite.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck me Parky, the position we need to fill first is a left sided midfielder. Someone left footed.

We've tried Noone, Buckley and a series of donkeys in that position but they've all been shite.
Parky might want a left midfielder.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The article title is a bit misleading as they are all under contract and have been asked to fall on their swords to fund their replacements. Whether they do or not and whether there is any club willing to pay what they are currently earning is another matter altogether, but TBH they haven't featured and in our position that's a waste of salary.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:The article title is a bit misleading as they are all under contract and have been asked to fall on their swords to fund their replacements. Whether they do or not and whether there is any club willing to pay what they are currently earning is another matter altogether, but TBH they haven't featured and in our position that's a waste of salary.

Eh?

Not misleading at all, nor is the club telling them to 'fall on their swords' as you put it.

The players are under contract and as such can not speak to any other club unless they have been put on the 'transfer list' and this is simply what the article is about!

The players are free to stay at the club as per their contracts but I guess they have all shown a willingness to move on (even if it is going out on loan) in order to get playing time and that is why they have been named.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum