Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton striker Connor Hall wanted by string of clubs on loan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have been approached by at least three clubs wanting to take Connor Hall on loan.

Phil Parkinson looks destined to keep hold of the 19-year-old striker in the short-term as he chases new signings this month.

Hall made his debut in the 2-1 FA Cup defeat against Huddersfield Town last weekend and is expected to travel with the squad when they return to Championship action again on Saturday at Brentford.

Parkinson says the opportunity to get regular football will benefit the former Sheffield United youngster but he will only be allowed out once cover has been found.

“Connor has done really well and there are a couple of clubs who want to take him on loan, which I think will be really beneficial for him,” he told The Bolton News.

“Again, with Armstrong going back to Newcastle United, I have to get another striker in before I can allow that to happen.

“I do feel Connor can be an asset for us, at least from the bench for now. He is strong, powerful and he’ll be a good player.”

Parkinson is also pleased with another graduate of David Lee’s development squad, Jeff King, who could also feature in the squad at Griffin Park with Darren Pratley and Karl Henry still out injured.

“Both those lads have got a hunger to win,” he said. “And I like that.

“The 23s have been winning regularly because of the attitude they have got, so it has been good to have them train with us and be around the dressing room. That is what you want to see from your younger players – for them to really push for a place.”

Everton full-back Antonee Robinson confirmed he would be staying with Wanderers for the rest of the season last week and Parkinson is convinced he will be sending the 20-year-old back to Goodison Park a much-improved player.

“He is learning his trade, getting stronger, and he’s tough – that’s what we all like about him so much – he’s tough in the challenge but also mentally. Sometimes when players get a bit fatigued they can feel a bit sorry for themselves but he’s not like that, he pushes himself.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The lad is banging them in for fun in the u23's so why not keep him and use him from the bench? We still have very little goal threat even with the great Madinho so it makes sense to me to keep him here.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Would be a good move to get him some first team action if Phil doesn't feel he is ready for our first team just yet. Maybe a couple of months loan to see how he gets on, if he hits the ground running, we will then have him back for the run up to the end of the season.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:The lad is banging them in for fun in the u23's so why not keep him and use him from the bench? We still have very little goal threat even with the great Madinho so it makes sense to me to keep him here.
Samizadeh

He will be playing in the second tier of scotland before we give him a chance

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum