You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Relegation watch

Relegation watch

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1 Relegation watch on Tue Jan 30 2018, 21:51

Sluffy

Admin
With the games played tonight (and us not playing) we've slipped into the bottom three again (22nd).

Birmingham(20th) won 3-1 at Home to Sunderland (23rd), and Hull go above us (21st) after a 0-0 draw at home to Leeds.

Burton lost at home and stay bottom but Reading (18th) who beat them 1-3 put a five point gap between them and Barnsley (19th) who lost at home on Saturday.

So we are tonight, two points off the bottom and just one off 19th place  - its tight down here!

2 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Jan 30 2018, 22:55

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
...and we don't even know what team we have!

Wow.

3 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Jan 30 2018, 23:04

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It'll be fine when Lee Anderson throws up a photo of Port Vale away and some hashtag or other, then that Leeds Wanderers lad will be along to denounce everyone else a #shitfan.

Love it.

4 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Jan 31 2018, 12:13

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
It's great news for the other teams in the relegation battle that Bolton are selling the player that gets them the most points.

5 Re: Relegation watch on Thu Feb 01 2018, 10:01

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
This window so hard to read, we have a bigger squad with more  options but taken a huge gamble on selling Madine. Its a fact that under PP we only seem to win when Madine plays, so that in itself is a real worry. However if the fee is correct it's a very good deal for the club financially.

We have strengthened at the back, and in midfield  and brought two in upfront, i don't usually get excited about young unproven strikers but at least we know what to expect with Clough warts and all.

Many Bolton fans think Madine / Style was the problem, well your going to find out one way or another, either we will stop winning/ scoring or we will play better football and find another way to win.
The bottom line is GM could have picked up an injury and we would have just had ALF and AW to pick front, so on balance i think the club are in a better position than yesterday. The 6 Million we needed to balance the books is in the bank. IF the Embargo wasn't fully lifted surely it will be now.

6 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:50

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Villa 1-0 Burton
Sunderland 0-2 Ipswich
Preston 2-1 Hull
Sheff Wed 0-2 Birmingham 
Qpr 0-0 Barnsley 

Current scores could be worse! We’d be 20th, 2 points clear and a game in hand if things stay the same

7 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:52

Sluffy

Admin
Sheffield Wednesday keeper not helping us much!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:52

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
3-0 Birmingham now

9 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:57

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:3-0 Birmingham now
..and Wednesday down to 10 men so there's only one way that's going ATM.

10 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 16:08

Sluffy

Admin
Perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic but there usually is a side that slides down the league in the second half of the season.

I thought it might be Reading but maybe it will turn out to be Wednesday - both of who are only a win or so better off than us on points right now.

Maybe if we can carry on playing solid and picking up points along the way and they can continue to decline, then it will drag even more teams into the relegation scrap and give us a better chance of staying up.

11 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 16:48

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:Perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic but there usually is a side that slides down the league in the second half of the season.

I thought it might be Reading but maybe it will turn out to be Wednesday - both of who are only a win or so better off than us on points right now.

Maybe if we can carry on playing solid and picking up points along the way and they can continue to decline, then it will drag even more teams into the relegation scrap and give us a better chance of staying up.
It's a lottery ATM with Reading doing their best to join us in the melee, but all we can do is try to get whatever we can from our remaining fixtures. As it stands we're a long way from being out of the woods but I think we would all be happy with our position given the start we had to this season.

12 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 16:57

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not a bad day for us overall. Brum deservedly won, Sunderland have lost, Barnsley have lost, Burton trying everything against Villa but it looks too late, Reading have lost, Hull have lost Smile

Cardiff score 4 but none of them from Madine who started.

13 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 17:02

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
Barnsley's next 2 matches are easy home games against Sheff Weds and Burton, Hull have  a tricky run of fixtures coming up.

We have a huge home match against Sunderland at the end of Feb

14 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 21:01

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hull 
Burton
Sunderland 

To go down in that order

15 Re: Relegation watch on Sat Feb 03 2018, 21:16

NickFazer

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Gonna be interesting that's for sure. Fulham game is very tricky indeed they are playing well and are capable of taking teams apart we definitely need same again next Saturday and even then it may not be enough. If I was a Wendy fan I would be worried, awful today by all accounts and two sent off to boot. It's too close to call but Sunderland look favourite then two from six, us, Barnsley, Burton, Hull, Brum and Sheffield Wednesday.

16 Re: Relegation watch on Sun Feb 04 2018, 14:02

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cardiff away has been rearranged for next Tuesday so we have 5 games remaining in February:
Fulham (H)
Cardiff (A)
QPR (A)
Sunderland (H)
Norwich (A) 

Tricky.

17 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 16:31

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The bookies have reacted to recent results to the extent that for the first time in ages we're not odds on to go down. ATM Ladbrokes are offering:
Burton  1/6
Sunderland 4/7
Barnsley  6/5
BWFC     7/4
Hull   2/1
Brum   5/2
Reading  7/2

See how we stand after Fulham and Cardiff...

18 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 17:43

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Paul Heckingbottom ditching Barnsley to manage Leeds is a strange one.

Despite Barnsley's terrible form they'd given him a new contract just last week, and this week he walks out. That's loyalty.

But why would Leeds want the manager of a team near the foot of the Championship?

Crazy world. Mickey Adams was available.

19 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 21:05

Sluffy

Admin
Natasha Whittam wrote:Paul Heckingbottom ditching Barnsley to manage Leeds is a strange one.

Despite Barnsley's terrible form they'd given him a new contract just last week, and this week he walks out. That's loyalty.

But why would Leeds want the manager of a team near the foot of the Championship?

He was born in Barnsley, supported them as a season ticket holder and even went on to play for them too!

Apparently though Leeds tripled his wages.

So much for loyalty in football I guess.

20 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 21:33

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I agree Wednesday could be the one to dive, they have injuries to Hooper and Bannan hopefully they won't be back to soon.

21 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 22:15

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Paul Heckingbottom ditching Barnsley to manage Leeds is a strange one.

He was born in Barnsley, supported them as a season ticket holder and even went on to play for them too!

We'd all make the same choice given the prospect of earning three times our pay

22 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 22:22

Sluffy

Admin
Kane57 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

We'd all make the same choice given the prospect of earning three times our pay

No not all of us.

I've turned down money because family was more important to me.

But each to their own.

23 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 22:37

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
He doesn't even have to move house!

24 Re: Relegation watch on Tue Feb 06 2018, 23:21

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He hates Leeds, so it seems a real funny move. Maybe he is off to just fuck them over, now that would be great.

Seriously though, I can't see him lasting long. Leeds fans expected more, and this appointment hasn't gone down too well with the majority I've spoken to. Personally, I don't think it's to poor managers that is their problem. It's the fact they feel the need for a director of football, while they may work in foreign leagues, they don't seem to work well in the English ones.

25 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Feb 07 2018, 06:14

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Works pretty well at Manchester City

26 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Feb 07 2018, 07:09

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Leeds think they're a big club. They're not.

27 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Feb 07 2018, 07:34

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Personally think it's a managers job to do the recruiting. They know what type of player they need and want. TC knew they needed a CB's but Orta never got one in.

28 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Feb 07 2018, 09:23

Growler

David Lee
David Lee
boltonbonce wrote:Leeds think they're a big club. They're not.
Big clubs don't spend 14 years outside the top division, there's no question that they aren't one of the big clubs.

29 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Feb 07 2018, 21:02

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Man city spent quite a while outside the top division are they not a big club?

Leeds in the seventies were one of the biggest clubs in England and the best team i ever saw live.

30 Re: Relegation watch on Wed Feb 07 2018, 22:01

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Aye Leeds are a big big club. You only have to look at their recent record to realise that they are one of the biggest clubs in the UK. Oh, look! There's a cuckoo!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum