Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off

+10
RustyNail
Sluffy
karlypants
y2johnny
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
Boggersbelief
Kane57
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:11

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let's get one thing straight here because most seem to be missing my point. I do not condone any sort of violence be it man on woman, woman on man, man on man, woman on woman, gender neutral on gender neutral and so on. However I do believe that all people can make mistakes in their life, not everybody can deal with things in the same way. Where one person might walk away, others may lash out. I see no reason as to why someone like Jon who has been given his punishment, should not be allowed a 2nd chance to prove himself. If people are always going to give him shit for what he has done, do people really expect him to change? What would be the point? He would be getting shit off people whether he changed or not.

Obviously there are certain crimes which I believe you cannot forgive people for, therefore they don't deserve a 2nd chance.

32Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:11

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:Struggling to see how any logical person can equate hitting a man to hitting a woman.
Who is saying that? ..dunno..

33Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Struggling to see how any logical person can equate hitting a man to hitting a woman.

Don't know, it certainly wasn't me.

Like you I oppose any form of personal violence.

34Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does being a pissed up emotionally insecure kid getting violent with his girlfriend at 3 o'clock in the morning mitigate what he did? No - but it does provide some context and does mitigate against his ability to control himself - as getting pissed usually does. That seems to be what the judge thought when he was sentenced i.e. diminished responsibility.
Question for me is why he - a professional international footballer - was getting pissed all night in the first place? Surely that casts aspersions about his professionalism as well as his character? 
Not what anyone would want at their club, but if you believe that redemption is possible as I do, he should be given a chance to stop being a twat. If he takes it, we'll have a quality addition to the squad and if he doesn't, then he can eff off.

35Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 17:36

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Don't know, it certainly wasn't me.

Like you I oppose any form of personal violence.

Read the posts people:

In my eyes it is no difference to what Madine did, both drunk and fighting.

36Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 18:57

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yeah as in the same type of crime. So why treat Jon any different to the way we treated Madine? It can't be one rule for one and another rule for the other.

37Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 19:08

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

PUNCHING A FEMALE IS WORSE THAN A MALE.  END OF

38Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 19:22

y2johnny wrote:PUNCHING A FEMALE IS WORSE THAN A MALE.  END OF

What Johnny said.

39Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 19:40

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:
y2johnny wrote:PUNCHING A FEMALE IS WORSE THAN A MALE.  END OF

What Johnny said.
I never even said otherwise, you all seem to be getting your knickers in a twist.

In the eyes of the law they would have both got done for the same type of crime is all I'm saying. Therefore the same people who are calling for Jon's head, should have been calling for Gary's too.

See that's the problem with people in football, fans are fickle and they change their morals to suit. Saw some of our fans slag off Saiz for spitting the other week, however they seem to forget, Diouf did the same thing and they chanted about.

I remember, I once witnessed a couple on a night out in town having an argument, when all of a sudden the woman starting punching the lad in the face, he tried to back off but she just kept going for him. With blood all down his top he just stood there while others just watched on and laughed at him. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, how did people find this acceptable and hilarious? If it was the other way round people would have jumped in straight away. People can't change their morals to suit the situation, you either condone violence or you don't. It's that black and white.

40Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 19:51

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its not though LT.  Its not black and white. Hence why men and women dont box or co- participate in mma etc. Blokes fight each other all the time.  And everyone knows not to hit women if you are a bloke.  Real men dont hit women.  End of.  Madine isnt innocent, but twatface is on another level.

41Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They were both in the wrong.

The law doesn't have different punishments depending on if someone attacked a man or a woman - it is the same crime and the same punishment.

So legally Leeds is correct in what he says.

Morally though it is reprehensible for any bloke to attack a woman just because they can.

There is a documentary on BBC iplayer at the moment - Stacey Dooley investigates - Russia's war on women - which is about wife beating.

I found it compelling viewing and can't understand a culture than thinks it is right for a wife to still be a possession of a woman once they are married as we are now in the twenty first century and no longer in the Stone Age. 

It shows one or two appalling clips of women being knocked about by their 'better' half.

Makes you worry about what the world is coming to when Putin's Russia thinks nothing of a pisshead battering his wife around a bit just to make him feel a bit better.

Maybe Phil Neville is the manager of the wrong country's Ladies football team?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:46

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:They were both in the wrong.

The law doesn't have different punishments depending on if someone attacked a man or a woman - it is the same crime and the same punishment.

So legally Leeds is correct in what he says.

Morally though it is reprehensible for any bloke to attack a woman just because they can.

There is a documentary on BBC iplayer at the moment - Stacey Dooley investigates - Russia's war on women - which is about wife beating.

I found it compelling viewing and can't understand a culture than thinks it is right for a wife to still be a possession of a woman once they are married as we are now in the twenty first century and no longer in the Stone Age. 

It shows one or two appalling clips of women being knocked about by their 'better' half.

Makes you worry about what the world is coming to when Putin's Russia thinks nothing of a pisshead battering his wife around a bit just to make him feel a bit better.

Maybe Phil Neville is the manager of the wrong country's Ladies football team?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I watched that the other day Sluffy, it was a good watch. I always enjoy watching her documentaries. You watched any of her others?

43Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
I watched that the other day Sluffy, it was a good watch. I always enjoy watching her documentaries. You watched any of her others?

Yes I've watched several of them over a few years now.

I tend to find her documentaries a bit like Bovril - I either love them or switch them off - I think it is more to do though with whether I find the subject matter interesting or not.

She's certainly a brave woman, she's been on the front line with the Kurdish Army women against the IS, investigated drugs in Mexico, been in a woman's prison in America and now sticking her beak into Putin's Russia - and it produces some good TV - or at least I think so.

She seems to get quite genuinely emotional about what she finds at times, and is clearly upset with some of the things she reports on.

I wonder what her father thinks, I don't think I would be to happy for my daughter to be constantly immersing herself in reporting various miseries through out the world, year in and year out, to make her living.  It must start to affect her sooner or later surely?

Hope she can find something happy for her to investigate and report on every once in a while.

Life's too short to fill it with just doom and gloom.

44Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:25

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I work in the justice system, and the low sentence would suggest the assault was a very minor one, with little actual harm caused, eg. a push, or that there were mitigating factors that the judge took in to account, eg. she attacked him first.

Does anyone know any more details of the case? What did he actually do?

45Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system, and the low sentence would suggest the assault was a very minor one, with little actual harm caused, eg. a push, or that there were mitigating factors that the judge took in to account, eg. she attacked him first.

BBC reported the following:

Liverpool Magistrates' Court heard he "slammed" his partner against the wall and kicked her "while she was on the floor" in Liverpool on 22 December.

The court was shown CCTV footage of Flanagan hitting his partner, pushing her against a wall twice and then kicking her in Duke Street in the city centre at about 03:20 GMT.
Alan Currums, prosecuting, said a witness stated he had "seen the male throw the female against the wall and then kick her while she was on the floor".
He said the man saw Flanagan place one hand on Ms Wall's neck and one on her throat before he "slammed her against the wall".
The witness said he shouted from his balcony to Flanagan that he was "out of order" and the footballer replied with offensive language that he would "come and knock you out".

Both parties claimed to have been under the influence... but this was no love tap!

46Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:19

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Delightful character

What a lad eh!

47Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system

I'm not sure cleaning the bogs at Bolton Magistrates' Court counts as "working in the justice system".

48Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:
RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system, and the low sentence would suggest the assault was a very minor one, with little actual harm caused, eg. a push, or that there were mitigating factors that the judge took in to account, eg. she attacked him first.

Liverpool Magistrates' Court heard he "slammed" his partner against the wall and kicked her "while she was on the floor" in Liverpool on 22 December.

The court was shown CCTV footage of Flanagan hitting his partner, pushing her against a wall twice and then kicking her in Duke Street in the city centre at about 03:20 GMT.
Alan Currums, prosecuting, said a witness stated he had "seen the male throw the female against the wall and then kick her while she was on the floor".
He said the man saw Flanagan place one hand on Ms Wall's neck and one on her throat before he "slammed her against the wall".
The witness said he shouted from his balcony to Flanagan that he was "out of order" and the footballer replied with offensive language that he would "come and knock you out".

Both parties claimed to have been under the influence... but this was no love tap!

Doesn't sound very minor to me.

I'm surprised men who treat women like this actually survive to tell the story. If anyone did this to my mother, wife or daughter (if I had one) they'd be in bits.

49Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system

I'm not sure cleaning the bogs at Bolton Magistrates' Court counts as "working in the justice system".
Then he works in the justice cistern.

50Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:56

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:
observer wrote:

Doesn't sound very minor to me.

I'm surprised men who treat women like this actually survive to tell the story. If anyone did this to my mother, wife or daughter (if I had one) they'd be in bits.
:agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum