paddybwfc

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bolton 2 Fulham 1 Walker

11 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sat Feb 10 2018, 13:23

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
karlypants wrote:Bolton 0-3 Fulham (Clough)
???????????????

12 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sat Feb 10 2018, 13:26

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:
???????????????
It's a first goal scorer so if Clough did score even though I believe we won't from my prediction then it should still be worth a point if that was the case.

No?

13 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sat Feb 10 2018, 13:50

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
karlypants wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
???????????????
It's a first goal scorer so if Clough did score even though I believe we won't from my prediction then it should still be worth a point if that was the case.

No?

It would be good to clarify this rule for everyone once and for all.

14 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 11:21

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Its Nat's competition i'm just minding it for now but i would say if you think we won't score you shouldn't put a scorer down just in case. Just my opinion though and it didn't matter with this result anyway.

15 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 11:30

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Glos, xmiles and me get 6 points for predicting a 1-1 draw. Glos goes to the top of the table

Glos - 74
Fin - 70
BTID - 69
Xmiles - 59
Norpig - 55
RT - 50
Nick Fazer - 50
KP - 43
Paddy - 42
Nat - 35
MartinBWFC - 30
BWFC58 - 26
Wessy - 22
Fab - 20
Leeds Trotter - 16
Deano - 13
Johnny - 4

16 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 11:53

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Norpig wrote:Its Nat's competition i'm just minding it for now but i would say if you think we won't score you shouldn't put a scorer down just in case. Just my opinion though and it didn't matter with this result anyway.

If you look at the rules that Nat originally posted it is clear that you can't predict us failing to score and a first scorer and get a point. The rules state "1 point - If you get the 'Correct Score' and 'first Bolton goalscorer' right you will receive a bonus point for being brilliant". It's a bonus point for getting both the score and the scorer correct. If you predict us not scoring and we do score you obviously haven't got the correct score!

Sorry Karly.

17 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 12:20

Sluffy

Admin
xmiles wrote:
Norpig wrote:Its Nat's competition i'm just minding it for now but i would say if you think we won't score you shouldn't put a scorer down just in case. Just my opinion though and it didn't matter with this result anyway.

If you look at the rules that Nat originally posted it is clear that you can't predict us failing to score and a first scorer and get a point. The rules state "1 point - If you get the 'Correct Score' and 'first Bolton goalscorer' right you will receive a bonus point for being brilliant". It's a bonus point for getting both the score and the scorer correct. If you predict us not scoring and we do score you obviously haven't got the correct score!

Sorry Karly.

Not that I play but out of interest then would that mean Karly's prediction should have been Bolton 0-3 Fulham (no scorer) - and if the game had ended that way - would have resulted in him receiving the point for the correct score AND the bonus point for predicting the correct goalscorer - ie being there isn't one?

Am I understanding it correctly or does it mean that if the correct score results in us being goalless a bonus point is impossible to achieve?

18 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 13:11

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Sluffy wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Sorry Karly.

Not that I play but out of interest then would that mean Karly's prediction should have been Bolton 0-3 Fulham (no scorer) - and if the game had ended that way - would have resulted in him receiving the point for the correct score AND the bonus point for predicting the correct goalscorer - ie being there isn't one?

Am I understanding it correctly or does it mean that if the correct score results in us being goalless a bonus point is impossible to achieve?

I would incline to the latter interpretation (i.e. impossible to achieve) because we are being asked to name the "first Bolton goalscorer" in order to get the bonus point but only Nat could give a definitive answer as to what was intended.

19 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 15:06

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
The answer is:  you can predict us not to score, but you can still put a FGS. So if we lost 3-0 you would only get the points for the result and not the FGS

20 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 15:30

Sluffy

Admin
BoltonTillIDie wrote:The answer is:  you can predict us not to score, but you can still put a FGS. So if we lost 3-0 you would only get the points for the result and not the FGS

But can you predict there would be no first goal scorer?

It would seem illogical to me not to allow for no one to score as that is a real outcome in football, otherwise both sides will always score in every match played - which simply doesn't happen.

21 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 19:45

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Yes you can predict that too

22 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 19:50

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
But you won't get a bonus point.

23 Re: Bolton vs Fulham RESULTS on Sun Feb 11 2018, 19:55

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
You earn points as follows:

6 Points - Correct score i.e. Bolton to win 3-2
4 Points - First Bolton goalscorer i.e. Gary Madine
2 Points - Correct result i.e. Predict Bolton to win 2-0 but they actually win 1-0 - you will get no points for the 'correct score', but you will get 2 for the correct result
1 Point - Predict no Bolton goalscorer i.e. Bolton don't score 
1 point - If you get the 'Correct Score' and 'first Bolton goalscorer' right you will receive a bonus point for being brilliant

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum