Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Chinese New Year!

+3
RustyNail
Sluffy
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 01:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy Chinese New Year!  IMG_1588

2Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 08:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

And to you to Karly (although I thought it was tomorrow?).

My daughter plans to celebrate by going up the Petronas Towers and later on to China Town, Kuala Lumpur, lucky her!

3Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 10:23

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I'm going to celebrate by having egg and chips and watching telly like I do every other night, as I'm not Chinese like.

4Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 11:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:And to you to Karly (although I thought it was tomorrow?).

My daughter plans to celebrate by going up the Petronas Towers and later on to China Town, Kuala Lumpur, lucky her!

Tell her to go to Petaling street to get a few fake Rolexes. When I was young and stupidĀ I used to buy about 10 of them and bring them back as presents.
Great views from the bridge on the Petronas Towers

5Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 11:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Kung he Fat Choi eveyone!! (That's Happy New Year in pidgin Cantonese)

6Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:

Tell her to go to Petaling street to get a few fake Rolexes. When I was young and stupidĀ I used to buy about 10 of them and bring them back as presents.

Great views from the bridge on the Petronas Towers

Will do Rammy.

(Guess I know now what she'll be bringing me back as my present!)

Very Happy

7Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 14:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Kung he Fat Choi eveyone!! (That's Happy New Year in pidgin Cantonese)
Really Rammy?

8Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 14:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Kung he Fat Choi eveyone!! (That's Happy New Year in pidgin Cantonese)
Really Rammy?
It's correct.

9Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 14:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I vote this the worst thread ever.

10Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 15:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I vote this the worst thread ever.
no, the worst thread would be the singed minge in Bulgaria with Nuggy wouldn't it?

11Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 15:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I vote this the worst thread ever.
no, the worst thread would be the singed minge in Bulgaria with Nuggy wouldn't it?

I was just thinking the same TBH! Very Happy

12Happy Chinese New Year!  Empty Re: Happy Chinese New Year! Thu Feb 15 2018, 15:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes! I was a bit premature this morning with it. Very Happy

Celebrations and things start the day before where families pray to their deceased loved ones and offer them food and drink.

This food that has been offered is usually eaten by the family after 12pm.

People burn fake paper money where they believe it is then sent to their loved ones and set off the firecrackers for good luck before eating the food.

All I can say is that I have eaten enough duck to last a life time!

Went to the Petronas towers a good few years back and it was just my luck that the bloody observation platform was closed for refurbishment. Very Happy

Hope your daughter is having a great time mate! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum