Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can you please stop your dogs from shitting on the pitch!

+3
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'The lads have slid in it' - Young footballers falling in dog mess at recently revamped Bromley Cross pitch

A football club has called foul over a dog mess problem that is blighting their recently improved pitch.

Dave Norris, vice chairman of Bromley Cross Football Club, says irresponsible dog owners are allowing their pets to relieve themselves on the pitch off John Street, at the back of Darwen Road.

The club recently gained funding from the Co-op and the FA for a tractor mower to improve the quality of the football pitch, where it hosts under-13s and under-17s games.

And it also received a £2,500 FA Grant for new aluminium goals, nets and a new container to store new dugouts the club raised money for.

But Mr Norris says that improving the community facility has made the task of keeping it free of dog mess even harder.

He said: “It’s weird, I think it is working against us. People see a nice, green, flat pitch, and want to use it. But there’s a banked hill around it, people could easily go on there.”

Mr Norris, who manages the under-17 Bromley Cross Warriors team adds that ‘no fouling’ signs are not deterring some dog walkers.

He said: “They are continuing to let their dogs carry on doing it right in front of our signs. It’s disgusting, they know it’s a children’s football pitch, it’s just not on.

“The lads have slid in it, and it’s not a pleasant experience. They must know kids are playing there twice a week. All we are trying to do is make it a better pitch and facility within the community.”

Mr Norris adds that ‘a lot of time and effort’ has gone into improving everything from the playing surface to the car park.

He continued: “It’s just frustrating when you are doing work for the kids, keeping the pitch in a good condition and you go down there to cut the grass and mounds of it are here, there and everywhere.”

“Sometimes it’s blatant, they must know their dogs have done it right in front of the locker rooms, where there’s a concrete floor.

I don’t want to give all dog walkers a bad name. If a person misses it once or twice, fair enough, but not missing it every time and letting their dog do what it wants where it wants. That’s not fair.”

Mr Norris is now calling for a a warden to visits the pitch to enforce the ‘no fouling’ rules and fine those who break it.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That one is funny but i'm involved with kids grassroots football and the state of the pitches at this time of the year is horrendous. My lad played on Saturday morning and the pitch started off frosty then melted into deep mud. It was that bad his boot nearly came off a few times as his boot was stuck in the mud.

It puts kids off playing football with all the cancellations and then having to play on rubbish pitches. Our club asked an opposition team if we could switch from grass to a great 3G pitch right next to the grass and they said they would rather cancel as the 3G pitch was too small for 9 a side for 10 and 11 year olds! I play on that pitch on a Monday night and we have 10/11 a side most weeks and its fine for us.
More needs to be done for grassroots football, the Premiership and FA should be funding more artificial pitches around the country as were do they think the next generation of players are going to come from? Its either that or make kids football a summer sport.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep shit off the pitch. Don't pick Buckley.

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Dog shit is everywhere in this town full stop.

I fucking hate dogs. The neighbour on one side, theirs crys and squeals for every second they are not in the house with it. The other side has a little yapping rat that barks every second it is outside.

If I could push a button to wipe every dog off the face of the earth, I would have done it long ago.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

RustyNail wrote:Dog shit is everywhere in this town full stop.

I fucking hate dogs. The neighbour on one side, theirs crys and squeals for every second they are not in the house with it. The other side has a little yapping rat that barks every second it is outside.

If I could push a button to wipe every dog off the face of the earth, I would have done it long ago.
If i had a button to wipe you off the face of the earth i wouldnt hesitate in pushing it.  And a lot less people would miss you than the dogs.

Cretin

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Ah I knew I'd get an easy bite off that one.

Another selfish dickhead dog lover.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

RustyNail wrote:Ah I knew I'd get an easy bite off that one.

Cretin

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

RustyNail wrote:Ah I knew I'd get an easy bite off that one.

Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Although I don't have a dog right now, my beloved McGinlay passed away in 2016, I do consider myself a dog lover. But I do despise people who don't pick up after their pooch, I've almost come to blows several times with the lazy twats, and once an old man ended up in the canal after a bit of a kerfuffle.

I also hate tossers who let their dog off the lead when they know it's aggressive towards other dogs.

Don't blame the dogs, blame the fooking owners.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Although I don't have a dog right now, my beloved McGinlay passed away in 2016, I do consider myself a dog lover. But I do despise people who don't pick up after their pooch, I've almost come to blows several times with the lazy twats, and once an old man ended up in the canal after a bit of a kerfuffle.

I also hate tossers who let their dog off the lead when they know it's aggressive towards other dogs.

:agree:

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Although I don't have a dog right now, my beloved McGinlay passed away in 2016, I do consider myself a dog lover. But I do despise people who don't pick up after their pooch, I've almost come to blows several times with the lazy twats, and once an old man ended up in the canal after a bit of a kerfuffle.

Exactly

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum