You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Eleven Days in March and April

Eleven Days in March and April

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Eleven Days in March and April on Sun Mar 25 2018, 19:13

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Eleven Days... Four Fixtures... What do we need to stay up?

Mar 30    Leeds (A)

Apr   3    Birmingham (H)

Apr   7    Derby (A)

Apr 10    Millwall (H)

with Barnsley one week later.

Obviously Brum is a six-pointer.  Win that and we could be safe.  Should we target 4 points from these eleven days?  Or can we do 5 or 6? Beat Brum and one other and we should be safe.  Beat Brum and Barnsley will see us stay up. Your thoughts?

2 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Sun Mar 25 2018, 19:30

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I think realistically there's seven points there, beat Brum and Millwall, draw against Leeds.

3 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
MartinBWFC wrote:I think realistically there's seven points there, beat Brum and Millwall, draw against Leeds.
Reality bites... 0 points from the first three matches.  Need to beat Millwall and Barnsley now.

4 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Sun Apr 08 2018, 00:16

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
observer wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:I think realistically there's seven points there, beat Brum and Millwall, draw against Leeds.
Reality bites... 0 points from the first three matches.  Need to beat Millwall and Barnsley now.

What could possibly go wrong?

5 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 21:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
0 for all 4 games... relegation fodder I'm afraid.

6 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 21:33

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
observer wrote:0 for all 4 games... relegation fodder I'm afraid.

Can’t argue with that, 4 losses in the trot - complete collapse.

7 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:01

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
T.R.O.Y wrote:
observer wrote:0 for all 4 games... relegation fodder I'm afraid.

Can’t argue with that, 4 losses in the trot - complete collapse.
With Barnsley to come. If I was a betting man I'd bet we are in the bottom three on Saturday night.
Parky doesn"t know what his best team is and can't pick his nose!

8 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:05

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Although can’t imagine Barnsley are much more confident than us. Seemingly between us them and Blues now, 1/3 to go. Nobody in great form and survival is there for the taking. Impossible to call really, fair to say if we pulled off a miracle at this point it’s more to do with the dross around us than anything else.

9 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:07

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
T.R.O.Y wrote:Although can’t imagine Barnsley are much more confident than us. Seemingly between us them and Blues now, 1/3 to go. Nobody in great form and survival is there for the taking. Impossible to call really, fair to say if we pulled off a miracle at this point it’s more to do with the dross around us than anything else.
So you're now admitting Parkinson is clueless!

10 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:10

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I don’t think you bother to read my posts. I’ll simplify for you:

1. Squad of players awful 
2. Parkinson a limited manager - not sure he has the tools to do the job

11 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:21

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
In your second sentence Parkinson and tool go hand in hand!
He's out of his depth at this level, I got told that by a blind man on a galloping horse.

12 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:22

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t think you bother to read my posts. I’ll simplify for you:

1. Squad of players awful 
2. Parkinson a limited manager - not sure he has the tools to do the job
1 No the squad is mid-table quality.
2 Limited yes, the tools are fine, but just like the cowboy builder he is, he just doesn't know how to use them.
In short he is way out of his depth in this league.

13 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:25

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
How can this squad be midtable? None of them have played regularly as high as mid table in the championship standard in 3 years - literally not one of them?

14 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:29

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I tell a lie actually - Ameobi on loan at Cardiff 15/16 (he didn’t impress much).

15 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:32

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
T.R.O.Y wrote:How can this squad be midtable? None of them have played regularly as high as mid table in the championship standard in 3 years - literally not one of them?
And that means? how many of Millwalls team have? you don't half come out with some shit to back up your Parkinson love in.

16 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:44

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Off the top of my head, Hutchinson, Shakell, Morrison, Tunnicliffe and Saville?

17 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:44

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
MartinBWFC wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:How can this squad be midtable? None of them have played regularly as high as mid table in the championship standard in 3 years - literally not one of them?
And that means? how many of Millwalls team have? you don't half come out with some shit to back up your Parkinson love in.
The silence is deafening.

18 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:45

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
MartinBWFC wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Embarrassing comment.

19 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:48

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
T.R.O.Y wrote:Off the top of my head, Hutchinson, Shakell, Morrison, Tunnicliffe and Saville?
Off the top of my head, Pratley, Noone , Ameobi, Buckley,' ALF,

20 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:49

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Neil Harris has done some job though, got to be manager of the season in terms of getting the most of his squad. Some really smart recruitment there.

21 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:50

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Embarrassing comment.
It's embarrassing that you back Parkinson when it's clear he is out of his depth.

22 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:52

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
MartinBWFC wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Off the top of my head, Hutchinson, Shakell, Morrison, Tunnicliffe and Saville?
Off the top of my head, Pratley, Noone , Ameobi, Buckley,' ALF,

Aside from Ameobi (who I've already named) and you could argue Noone it's a no to them all.

Pratley was busy getting relegated with us, Noone's form went off a cliff after 6 months in the premier league, Buckley done nothing since moving from Brighton to Poyet's Sunderland and Alf had his handsful under-performing for Wolves before getting dropped.

23 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 22:58

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
There's just no reasoning with you is there Phil? you have all the answers, well in your mind anyhow.

24 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:03

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
MartinBWFC wrote:It's embarrassing that you back Parkinson when it's clear he is out of his depth.

It's not that I totally back Parkinson per se. As I've said plenty of times, I think he's limited, and he'll (rightly) lose his job if we go down as he'll have taken us as far as we can.

What you fail to give any credit for is the job he's done under very difficult circumstance. In fact what's obvious from your comments over the last couple of years is that you simply don't like the man and how he comes across.

We had no given right to go up last year, he grinded it out and got us there. Similarly he's got us in a position where we still aren't in the relegation zone this year.

You fall into the trap of thinking our relegation rivals dealing with the same constraints as we are, simply because you can't be bothered to learn anything about them but it's simply not the case. 

Our big signing this summer? Sammy Ameobi on a free.

Birmingham: Jota for a club record fee.

Barnsley have spent almost £7 million this year. Plus picked up Tom Bradshaw from Walsall the season before.

If we go down, so be it, not the end of the world. Parkinson will go and we'll build again. But for me it's a chronic lack of funds stretching back before Ken's time that have us in this situation, and it would take a special manager or some investment to get higher than relegation fodder.

25 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:09

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
And who’s Phil?

26 Re: Eleven Days in March and April on Tue Apr 10 2018, 23:14

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I can see a team that has no style, no pattern of play, and I see teams like Oxford, Chesterfield, Bury, Bristol Rovers, outplaying us, out passing us, and I made my mind up about Parkinson right there and then, how the hell would I expect anything better? he is not limited, he's clueless.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum