Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm beginning to hate sport.

+10
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
Angry Dad
wessy
okocha
xmiles
Sluffy
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Tue Mar 27 2018, 22:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Get to salford on friday bonce. My lads playimg at half time
Sadly Johnny,I've done my back in. Again. And I don't think I'll be moving much this week.

My niece has two kids. They have a trampoline in the garden. I won't bore you with the details. You know the drill.

I'm using Fenbid Forte 10% Gel. It eases the pain.

At least I'm keeping still. What else could go wrong. Shocked

32I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Tue Mar 27 2018, 22:40

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bit of a bugger, Boncey, but old bones (and muscles) and trampolines don't necessarily go together too well.  Hard surface, lay flat and get some kind person to bring copious amounts of liquid refreshment. Hope you get well soon. Astute use of TV and mirrors may be called for.   Cool Cool

33I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 06:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:Bit of a bugger, Boncey, but old bones (and muscles) and trampolines don't necessarily go together too well.  Hard surface, lay flat and get some kind person to bring copious amounts of liquid refreshment. Hope you get well soon. Astute use of TV and mirrors may be called for.   Cool Cool
Cheers mate. Been watching Bilko,but I laughed so hard I had to turn it off.

My other niece has a tree house in the back garden. cheers Watch this space.

34I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 09:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

To go back to bonce's original post I agree with everything he said and just got a bit sidetracked by putting my view on the drug taking.

Cheating is wrong. There is no defence and people caught cheating should be disqualified. It would be nice if such an approach applied to politics so that the Trump and brexit results could be overturned.

35I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:To go back to bonce's original post I agree with everything he said and just got a bit sidetracked by putting my view on the drug taking.

Cheating is wrong. There is no defence and people caught cheating should be disqualified. It would be nice if such an approach applied to politics so that the Trump and brexit results could be overturned.
Indeed. We pay a lot of money for the so called privilege of watching top class sportsmen,and finding them out to be cheats leaves a sour taste.
Ball tampering in cricket has been going on for years. Fred Trueman used to rub Brylcreem on the ball,as did many others. Some used bottle tops. So I'm not getting as angry as some people are.
What puzzles me is the method they chose to mess about with the ball. Cameras are everywhere in modern sport,so what idiot chose to use a piece of dayglow tape,then attempt to stick it down the front of his trousers?

36I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:It would be nice if such an approach applied to politics so that the Trump and brexit results could be overturned.

Give it a rest you fuckwit. Stop trying to turn every thread into a Brexit bashing.

Bitter, boring, wanker.

37I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:45

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not just the pre-meditated ball tampering:-there have been many other incidents involving foul play and a culture of underhand, nasty behaviour over recent years under Lehman. Banter has turned into vicious sledging, intimidation and abuse....and even physical violence. They actively engage in what they call mental disintegration. 
Even more sickening is the cowardly partial cover-up now: there is no way in the world that the team manager was not involved. The leadership "group" can't just be two players and a rookie. Starc and Lyon must have been aware too. Lawyers have got involved to threaten legal challenges to sanctions.
 Cricket Australia need to show determination to stop the nation continuing to be regarded as the most unsporting ever. Then the tennis authorities need to sort out Kyrgios and Tomic to prevent a similar reaction to their sport.

38I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 10:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few people need to lose their heads. They certainly threw Bancroft under the bus.

And I agree that the coach must have been in the know. If he wasn't,it tells you a lot about the culture of the Australian dressing room.

39I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 11:15

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:
wessy wrote:
xmiles wrote:This is probably too cynical but I don't really care if they take performance enhancing drugs.

I can respect those individuals who achieve great things through their own efforts but there will always be people and governments that cheat. In a perfect world we could stop this but we don't live in a perfect world.

Is that not like saying i don't really mind burglars or murderers, i can respect law abiding people but it's ok the worlds corrupt so lets do fuck all about it.

No it's not the same. Burglars and murderers hurt other people. People taking performance enhancing drugs don't hurt other people.

They put there own lives at risk and hurt the people they take a medal off, and all the fans watching sport. Not the same maybe, but your solution is to cave in to anyone who doesn't follow rules, and making cheating the norm. That's the tail wagging the dog for me.

40I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 11:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:To go back to bonce's original post I agree with everything he said and just got a bit sidetracked by putting my view on the drug taking.

Only just seen this much nearer the mark. and i agree with your thoughts on the above.

However if we don't follow the democratic vote then the whole system fails. As much as i think the Brexit brigade have shafted us over far to simplistic ideals.

41I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 11:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here's an article by Bolton's own Diane Morgan to make xmiles happy.....and infuriate Nat??

http://click.mail.theguardian.com/?qs=500baafda89af5f6adc26fad1e7dfa2537a4d8045f93efec2fd4b0ba72ac3bae7b52b4ddc2240160d52350c26a4b3cb8

42I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 11:28

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:I look at a man like Ron Hill,and wonder,'Do they make them like this any more?'

The answer to that Bonce is No, even amongst distance runners Ron Hill was special, i saw him at his best and raced against him many times watching his decline from stardom, however his love for the sport outlived his desire to be the best hence he still races today finishing well down the field.

He ran for decades without missing a single training session two sessions a day one on Sunday the longest recorded training sequence, he even got off the operating table and jogged around the hospital to get a session in.

If you polled Runners and asked who should receive a knighthood Ron would win by a mile. (no pun).
He also wrote the best autobiography in running history and invented his own sports wear. Yep he was special.

43I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 11:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't agree more Wessy.I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 _93880807_mediaitem93880806

44I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 12:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play to Cricket Australia for handing out lengthy bans to Smith & Warner, would the ECB have done the same?

45I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 12:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fair play to Cricket Australia for handing out lengthy bans to Smith & Warner, would the ECB have done the same?
 its only one year- not really lengthy.

46I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Wed Mar 28 2018, 13:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's lengthy compared to other ball tampering incidents.

47I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Thu Mar 29 2018, 09:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Anyone see the Australian coach defending their cheating. You would think they were the victims! And why wasn't he suspended too? Didn't he know it was going on? The video is in the article attached below:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43580069

48I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Thu Mar 29 2018, 20:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warner is a bully and a coward. Lehmann is a guilty as either of the others involved and they coerced Bancroft to carry out their plan. Shameful. Not long ago, Lehmann was actively encouraging all Aussie supporters to verbally abuse Stuart Broad during games, because he was given not out, despite touching the ball. As if the Aussies would have done any different. Smith is sorry he was caught, nothing else. If they hadn't been caught in this match, they would have done it in the next. Hypocrites.

49I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Thu Mar 29 2018, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Fair play to Cricket Australia for handing out lengthy bans to Smith & Warner, would the ECB have done the same?
 its only one year- not really lengthy.
Some bbc bint yesterday said that she thought that the ban was far too long! Very Happy

50I'm beginning to hate sport. - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm beginning to hate sport. Thu Mar 29 2018, 22:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ball tampering has gone on for years. Darren Gough admitted to it yesterday. Despite these bans,it'll continue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum