Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if the Bible is true.

+8
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What if the Bible is true. Empty What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:14 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If it is and you have not accepted Jesus is your savior then it says instead of eternal life you get eternal damnation in hell so where are you going .

2What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:30 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's true,I'll be forgiven. That's how it works. Isn't it?

3What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:13 am

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Check out Pascal's wager.

4What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:56 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

rammywhite wrote:Check out Pascal's wager.
That takes you to endless other places, iv'e just been reading that hell is full of good well meaning people. Shocked

5What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:01 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The gist of that is they did not believe they did not accept their sins were paid for by Christ dying. They thought Easter was about chocolate and bunnies and holidays. They thought Christmas was more important than Easter.

6What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Atheism is very rare.

7What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:14 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

8What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:17 am

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

Why did you send them to a catholic primary school when you know they would be taught the beliefs of the catholic church? Why not an ordinary state primary?

9What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:06 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know how many times I've had to say this,but there is only one God.
What if the Bible is true. 040%20Freddie%20Hill

10What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:34 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:I don't know how many times I've had to say this,but there is only one God.
Is that a Loo brush Bonce.

11What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:54 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I don't know how many times I've had to say this,but there is only one God.
Is that a Loo brush Bonce.
You're playing with fire now. :nuts:

12What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:I'm an atheist, i have no belief in God or any of that other palaver about Heaven and Hell.I have to bite my tongue when my kids ask me about God as they go to a Catholic primary school.

Why did you send them to a catholic primary school when you know they would be taught the beliefs of the catholic church? Why not an ordinary state primary?
Because it was the school Mrs Pig went to and she is Catholic. The Catholic schools have a much better reputation and i can put up with the religion if my kids get a good education.

13What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:53 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm atheist too and more than happy to accept the risks. I also have no issue with my kids learning about religion in school because they'll need to make their own informed decisions about it one day. They have friends with religious parents and so it's a part of their lives and a good thing to be educated about.

For Islamic gentlmen, it is a promise of virgins after death
For Christians, it is a place or eternal peace and comfort
For Hindus, the opportunity to escape the gruelling task of reincarnation
For the Buddhist it is all about reaching Nirvana

Each to their own but I'm happy to settle for a lot less.

14What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:23 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:If it is and you have not accepted Jesus is your savior then it says instead of eternal life you get eternal damnation in hell so where are you going .
But the Bible is self-contradictory as regards "eternal damnation" so where's this coming from?
Revelations 20 verses 13 and 14 says that Hades will give up it's dead to be judged on the day of judgement and those found wanting will be killed in a burning lake of sulphur i.e. dead (again) and therefore not eternally damned.

This is just another example of the church misinterpreting writings to control the people and it worked for hundreds of years - just as Islam has been misinterpreted to gain cultural and social power. 

Literally putting "the fear of God" in people to control them.

15What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's no "what if".

Which you'll find out as you watch me walk through the Pearly Gates, just as you take up your position in the queue behind the Hell branch of BB.

16What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no "what if".

Which you'll find out as you watch me walk through the Pearly Gates, just as you take up your position in the queue behind the Hell branch of BB.
Where'd that come from bitch.

18What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:47 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:There's no "what if".

Where'd that come from bitch.
I agree, there’s nowt wrong with the goings on behind BB.

19What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:agree:

20What if the Bible is true. Empty Re: What if the Bible is true. Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Because it was the school Mrs Pig went to and she is Catholic. The Catholic schools have a much better reputation and i can put up with the religion if my kids get a good education.

So basically you're a massive hypocrite.

The truth is, deep down, you are unsure about God rather than 100% dismissive. If there was a "tooth fairy" school you wouldn't send your kids there even if it was the best school in the country. But you allow them to attend catholic school because you don't entirely dismiss God.

PM me and I'll send you some lovely hymn lyrics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum