Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Wars

+5
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Forum Wars Empty Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 16:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are there still forum wars.

I was very sad to see that Bolton banter had shut down I've no idea about that other one that used to be about.

And it seems sadly that this forums user base has declined. Obviously my influence was quite strong.

Gone are the days when nat and stinkythefrog would meet for dates/fights.

2Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 16:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly Nat has lost her mojo and far too in love with Cedric to be posting about her itchy nads.

3Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 16:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Are there still forum wars.

I was very sad to see that Bolton banter had shut down I've no idea about that other one that used to be about.

And it seems sadly that this forums user base has declined. Obviously my influence was quite strong.

I think the end was in sight for Bolton Banter when they named you "Funniest Poster of the Year". There's no coming back from that. Burnden Aces wasn't far behind.

This site lost a lot of posters when sluffy and KP went on a rampage of abuse. It's still going on today, sadly.

4Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 17:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Are there still forum wars.

I think the end was in sight for Bolton Banter when they named you "Funniest Poster of the Year". There's no coming back from that. Burnden Aces wasn't far behind.

This site lost a lot of posters when sluffy and KP went on a rampage of abuse. It's still going on today, sadly.
What abuse is that? Very Happy

5Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There has been some disgusting bullery.

6Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 17:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:There has been some disgusting bullery.
You can never get enough of it when there is drama on here. Very Happy

7Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 17:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The way wanderlust and TROY have been treated brings a tear to my eye. They can't help being dim. Dummies have feelings too.

8Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 17:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The way wanderlust and TROY have been treated brings a tear to my eye. They can't help being dim. Dummies have feelings too.
Laughing

9Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyway KP, it's the big game tonight, Chorley v Stockport. You'd better set off soon to pick me up. No crocs.

10Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 18:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Meanwhile back on topic...

The truth of the matter is that forums tend to be for people who prefer to write in sentences rather than bother too much about even making themselves coherent to anybody not from the social network generation.

My university educated daughter often text's me a line of what at first sight appears to be about 32 random letters interspersed with spaces, which takes me about the next half an hour to decode.  I still can't quite grasp why her and her generation prize so highly their smart phones yet seldom if ever bother to actual use them as a phone and speak to people with!

What I'm trying to say is that forums are very much on the decline these days with many of them (Burnden Aces, Bolton Banter, Mavis forum), having closed down and the rest being a shadow of their former glory - in particular The Wanderer forum, which apart from the match thread on there is more or less dead these days (JA606 being the same).

The only forum other than us to mention is Wanderers Ways that was formed by a group of friends who have been going to the matches from about the eighties and have sort of grown up and grown together over the years.

It is the best site going if you happen to find that Nuts is not to your liking - but I add as a caveat, you probably need to be in your forties or over to appreciate the many historical references that are made about games from by-gone eras.

I guess the Supporters Trust as been the target of some of us since its inception - Wanderers Ways even had a poll asking if people thought it was 'fit for purpose' in which 200 people voted (well 199 actually) and 95.5% voted that they were not!

Pretty conclusive even if not strictly scientific - 36 pages and 900 replies if anybody wants to read it.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/87838-the-supporters-trust/

Even the ST though seems to have given up the ghost, we will shortly be in the fifth month of the year and still no nearer to the promised "In the very near future, I anticipate that we will be setting a date for our AGM..." from the (then) new ST Chairman's first (and only) public statement to date at the start of the year.

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/a-few-words-from-the-new-bwfcst-chairman-terence-rigby/

Perhaps the most ironic thing to mention about the ST is that after all their constant invective time and time again about the clubs accounts being overdue (until they finally caught up this March), the ST's own accounts are themselves now currently overdue!

Maybe they should practice what they preached themselves!

https://mutuals.fsa.gov.uk/SocietyDetails.aspx?Number=7270&Suffix=CBS

So no, sorry no wars going on at the moment, seems we've all become too civilised for such things these days!

(PS if you still pay your annual subs by Standing Order to the ST you might wish to consider cancelling it until their accounts are finally formally lodged with the Regulation Authority as per the link above.  Just a thought).

11Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 20:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Meanwhile,back on topic? Which is,apparently,bashing the ST.

Mind you,they can't complain. They're turning out to be a bit of a joke.

12Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 20:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Meanwhile,back on topic? Which is,apparently,bashing the ST.

And yet you are still funding them?

13Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 20:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

And yet you are still funding them?
They've got pictures.

14Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 21:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, I was on topic - forum use is in decline due to younger people preferring to communicate with each other by newer and more subsequent means.

I deemed it reasonable comment about the ST - what else would you call a group of people coming together to talk (and act) about a common cause if not a forum of sorts?

And since Wanderers Ways asked the question of ALL Bolton fans to respond to, it seemed more than reasonable to me to liken it to 'forum wars' as per the thread title.

I thought I was making fair comment, indeed I even read your post that I'm responding to, to you even tacitly accepting that I was!

How hard really is it to organise an AGM?  Simply book a venue at the Macron and email their membership, that's all it takes.

How difficult is it to submit their accounts?  I think they have an accountant/s on their Board who would probably do it for free (or at a notional sum at the very least).

Aren't both things required anyway under their constitution?

It's certainly far from me alone who question the fitness for purpose of the current ST - as the Wways poll and thread shows.

I assume even you and your fellow ST members have given up on them also, otherwise why aren't there mutterings anywhere about demanding an AGM is held, or even seeking to sack the current Board and bring in a new one?

Now that would be a proper forum war that many of us would watch!

15Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Yes, I was on topic - forum use is in decline due to younger people preferring to communicate with each other by newer and more subsequent means.

I deemed it reasonable comment about the ST - what else would you call a group of people coming together to talk (and act) about a common cause if not a forum of sorts?

And since Wanderers Ways asked the question of ALL Bolton fans to respond to, it seemed more than reasonable to me to liken it to 'forum wars' as per the thread title.

I thought I was making fair comment, indeed I even read your post that I'm responding to, to you even tacitly accepting that I was!

How hard really is it to organise an AGM?  Simply book a venue at the Macron and email their membership, that's all it takes.

How difficult is it to submit their accounts?  I think they have an accountant/s on their Board who would probably do it for free (or at a notional sum at the very least).

Aren't both things required anyway under their constitution?

It's certainly far from me alone who question the fitness for purpose of the current ST - as the Wways poll and thread shows.

I assume even you and your fellow ST members have given up on them also, otherwise why aren't there mutterings anywhere about demanding an AGM is held, or even seeking to sack the current Board and bring in a new one?

Now that would be a proper forum war that many of us would watch!

I thought you were taking a well deserved  break?

16Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forum Wars BWFCST-Popup-Stand
Anyone there....? Very Happy

17Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Forum Wars BWFCST-Popup-Stand
Anyone there....? Very Happy
No just you Bonce taking the photo. Razz

18Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Tue Apr 17 2018, 22:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

19Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Wed Apr 18 2018, 07:50

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:

I guess the Supporters Trust as been the target of some of us since its inception - Wanderers Ways even had a poll asking if people thought it was 'fit for purpose' in which 200 people voted (well 199 actually) and 95.5% voted that they were not!

Pretty conclusive even if not strictly scientific - 36 pages and 900 replies if anybody wants to read it.

200 votes from a club with around 10,000 season ticket holders and a club that takes 33,000 to its League club finals is a tiny representation of the support base and no doubt a wad of the 200 votes will be multi posters with several user names.

20Forum Wars Empty Re: Forum Wars Wed Apr 18 2018, 08:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

200 votes from a club with around 10,000 season ticket holders and a club that takes 33,000 to its League club finals is a tiny representation of the support base and no doubt a wad of the 200 votes will be multi posters with several user names.

Of course it is only a straw poll and not scientific as I’ve already said but it clearly is indicative of what many think. For instance check out the underwhelming response to all the ST’s social media outlets and their website that as not been maintained or updated in months.

I doubt many people think the ST is even active these days let alone relevant anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum