Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season Ticket what to do ?

+9
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
karlypants
wessy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:02

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have had a season ticket from day 1 at the Reebok/Macron so for the last 23 years. and at Burnden before we moved.

However this year i am 65 and become eligible for the old gits discount.

The problem is my Birthday is 1st September. The club are not flexible in any way on this so i am told.

So do i pay the £400 plus or wait three weeks and pay £250 ish but risk losing my seat.

I would also have to miss the first two home games or pay the ticket price so reducing any gain.

So would you pay full wack or take the saving?

2Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you afford to lose the 150 quid difference?

3Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Luckily my Birthday was in April,so I'm already an old git. In your shoes Wessy,I'd probably stump up the full wack,then spend the rest of the season stealing sachets of sugar to make up for it.
Just be thankful you're still alive.
I was thinking of changing my seat. Getting up those steps to the WSU is getting harder every season.

4Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Luckily my Birthday was in April,so I'm already an old git. In your shoes Wessy,I'd probably stump up the full wack,then spend the rest of the season stealing sachets of sugar to make up for it.
I was thinking of changing my seat. Getting up those steps to the WSU is getting harder every season.
There is a lift.

5Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Luckily my Birthday was in April,so I'm already an old git. In your shoes Wessy,I'd probably stump up the full wack,then spend the rest of the season stealing sachets of sugar to make up for it.
There is a lift.
WHAT! Are you serious?

I'd get stuck in it.

6Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
There is a lift.
WHAT! Are you serious?

I'd get stuck in it.
I use it every home game.

7Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're pulling my plonker.

8Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:You're pulling my plonker.
Seriously, there's a lift takes you straight to concourse in upper tiers.

9Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wessy wrote:I have had a season ticket from day 1 at the Reebok/Macron so for the last 23 years. and at Burnden before we moved.

However this year i am 65 and become eligible for the old gits discount.

The problem is my Birthday is 1st September. The club are not flexible in any way on this so i am told.

So do i pay the £400 plus or wait three weeks and pay £250 ish but risk losing my seat.

I would also have to miss the first two home games or pay the ticket price so reducing any gain.

So would you pay full wack or take the saving?

Risk losing your seat? I doubt they are going to sell out. The worst that could happen is you have a different seat. On the plus side you miss two home games. Smile

I stopped going to games some time ago as I currently live nearly 300 miles away from Bolton. It certainly reduces my stress levels.

10Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

KP yep i can afford the difference i have the cash. But its a tad annoying when i will be 65 for 98% of the season and i have paid all those years not mentioning the gold line as well you would think they could load the ticket to reflect the difference in this day and age.

Bonce come and sit with me in West lower we could share a rug for our knees. and i have a spare hanky.

11Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:You're pulling my plonker.
Seriously, there's a lift takes you straight to concourse in upper tiers.
Well I've never seen one. We go in via Block B,then straight up the stairs.

12Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Been in this seat for about 8 years and know everyone around me, so would prefer to keep my seat but i reckon at worst i can get really close even if it goes, West Lower is reasonably full but yes other seats would be available.

13Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My seat is next to the press box,which is handy for hearing all the other scores as they come in,but I've been thinking about crossing to the NL stand for a change of scenery.

14Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet the lift is for wheelchairs only.

15Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd drop Ken an e-mail, he seems a decent enough chap. I'm sure he can afford the £150.

16Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:48

boltonbonce wrote:I bet the lift is for wheelchairs only.

Wheelchairs and those who struggle walking, my Grandad used it for the last couple of years he had a season ticket.

17Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd drop Ken an e-mail, he seems a decent enough chap. I'm sure he can afford the £150.

This.

I was going to suggest this (well contact his son Lee I had in mind) when I read your opening post.

Natasha beat me to it.

Not for the first time either!

Very Happy

18Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:56

Pay the full whack and count the difference as a donation to the transfer budget. We’ll need every penny.

19Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 20:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm giving up buying a Golden Gamble ticket next season. I can't even get close.

20Season Ticket what to do ? Empty Re: Season Ticket what to do ? Tue May 08 2018, 21:01

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep might try a letter a sob story lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum