Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beevers: I'd love to stay with Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Beevers: I'd love to stay with Wanderers Empty Beevers: I'd love to stay with Wanderers Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Beevers is keen to stay on at Wanderers after helping the club secure its Championship status.

The former Sheffield Wednesday defender is one of several first team players out of contract this summer and looking to negotiate a new deal.

No player made more appearances or played more minutes for Bolton than Beevers this season - and the 28-year-old is in no doubt where he wants to be playing his football next season.

“I want to stay at Bolton because I love it here,” he told The Bolton News. “It’s perfect for me. I enjoy my football, the lads, the management staff and it’s a fantastic club.

“I’d want to stay for the foreseeable future, there is nothing more certain. But having said that I would like to get off to a better start!”

Wanderers recovered from a nightmarish opening 11 games in the Championship, which yielded just two points, becoming the first team ever to recover from such a position and avoid relegation.

Beevers has himself come in for criticism at various stages of the season - but says the inner-belief in the dressing room made last weekend’s Great Escape possible.

“As I have got older I have learned not to bother with the criticism,” he said. “If people want to do it, it’s up to them. But I don’t think it’s healthy to read it. You need to stick to your job.

“It’s what we did. We didn’t write ourselves off. The dressing room has been upbeat even when we went on the bad run after the international break.

“I know some people will be looking at that Forest game and thinking it’s a tap in at home because they were off on their holidays but they have got some good, good players who have played at the very top level. We had to be at our best, and we were. That day will go down in history, it has to. It’ll be a fantastic summer now.”

Wanderers are still in discussion with player agents and are not likely to name their retained list until next week. A total of 20 players are out of contract, split between the senior squad and the development squad.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum