Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I love the Play offs

+6
observer
Sluffy
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
WhiteBic
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I love the Play offs Empty I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 09:12

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not been on here in a while!

It's great entertainment the play offs isn't it! I am really hoping Fulham don't go up this season simply for selfish reason as I want to do an away day next season at the Cottage. I have a funny feeling Fulham will bottle it in a Villa final at Wembley.

Coming down!
Swansea, Stoke and West Brom is also very tasty not to mention who is coming up!  bounce
I believe that over the next few season we can build with the hope of getting in the the play offs in the next 4 or 5 seasons. Really really excited for pre season to start, I also have to mention I am in Spain during the World cup! Get in!

Good to see the old skool members knocking about still!

2I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 09:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love the play offs too. But it's a nightmare if you're involved.

I've never really recovered from the Ipswich debacle with that bastard Barry Knight.

3I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 09:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why we're never in them

4I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 09:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome back WhiteBic  Very Happy

As Boncey says they are great when you're not involved. Painful memories of Wembley defeats to Tranmere and Watford balanced against fantastic wins against Reading and Preston

5I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 09:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong,if the play offs are the best you can do,you'll take them all day long,but they sometimes feel like death by a thousand cuts.

6I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 10:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess the play offs helped keep Bolton up this season, with Derby and Preston still having something to play for in the very last game of the season!

Good to see you back White Bic, hope you stick around for a while.

Some of our greatest and/or most memorable games have been played during play offs of course, coming back from 2-0 down and a penalty kick to be taken against us Reading, McGinlay and his 'wee push' against David Kelly and Wolves in the semi of the same year.  The Barry Knight debacle against Ipswich and even the very first playoffs when Aldershot relegated us to the old fourth division.

They certainly liven up the seasons end!

7I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 10:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't there a period when one of the bottom teams in the top division took part in the second tier play offs to decide their fate?
I'm sure that's how it worked for a while.

8I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 10:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Wasn't there a period when one of the bottom teams in the top division took part in the second tier play offs to decide their fate?
I'm sure that's how it worked for a while.

Yes, the two season when playoffs were introduced. (we were involved in the first one!).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 13:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I guess the play offs helped keep Bolton up this season, with Derby and Preston still having something to play for in the very last game of the season!

Some of our greatest and/or most memorable games have been played during play offs of course, coming back from 2-0 down and a penalty kick to be taken against us Reading, McGinlay and his 'wee push' against David Kelly and Wolves in the semi of the same year.  The Barry Knight debacle against Ipswich and even the very first playoffs when Aldershot relegated us to the old fourth division.

Thankfully we didn't need to depend on the Wolves to win!  You are so right!!!

10I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 16:17

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My first ever Bolton match was a play-off game in 1990. We drew 1 all, think we lost the 2nd leg 2-0.  

Have some great memories from the playoffs (the ones we won obviously).

11I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 16:19

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

observer wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I guess the play offs helped keep Bolton up this season, with Derby and Preston still having something to play for in the very last game of the season!

Thankfully we didn't need to depend on the Wolves to win!  You are so right!!!
The odds are pretty slim having to leap frog two teams to escape, when they both face teams desperate to get in to the play offs. We can count our lucky stars there

12I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Fri May 11 2018, 16:57

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I think the playoffs are the best games of the entire calendar. I absolutely hate being in them but let’s be honest apart from winning trophies (which none of us have much experience in) there’s just no beating promotion via the playoffs. 

My first proper season watching Bolton was 1994/95 and I still get goosebumps watching Branagan’s save and De Freitas’ equaliser against Reading.

13I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Mon May 14 2018, 17:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope Fulham go up via the play-offs. They have easily been the best third placed team in the Championship and their manager did a brilliant job of getting Watford promoted and then the clueless bastards sacked him. Slaverer deserves a chance to manage in the Prem.

No too fussed about visiting Stoke and Swansea next season but I don't mind the Hawthorns. The pub for away fans run by the two Asian brothers not far from the ground is okay. As well as a pint they also do a decent curry.

14I love the Play offs Empty Re: I love the Play offs Tue May 15 2018, 10:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fulham deservedly slid past Derby to the final last night with that kid Sessegnon getting the ball rolling.
Probably Villa in the final?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum