Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
Bollotom2014
WanderersStationSimon
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
gloswhite
Maurice Greene
bryan458
wessy
rammywhite
Growler
Keegan
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
xmiles
Nigelbwfc
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

811Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Manning has put an interesting argument for the return of Clough on LoV [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
Never been a big fan of Clough and I tend to think that a lot of the hype is based on "he's one of our own" sentimentality, but he may have a point based on the fact that it's a different team now.
Question is whether or not his playing style is what we need in a striker.
Personally I reckon that our strength is defending in numbers which leaves us a bit short up front and therefore we need pace to counterattack quickly so I'd prefer a striker with raw pace. Parky seems to be after another "target man" if the names we've been associated with are anything to go by. Boggers reckons we'll get Forestieri which would be more craftsmanlike around the box.
The case for Clough though is that he can drift around and find decent positions and used to know where the goal is. 
We need a striker of some description in today and if Parky can't get his targets would anyone settle for Clough coming back?

PS: Is it likely that Parky is looking for another target man as he's only going to play one striker anyway?

812Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If Clough was the only striker we had, we would get battered every time. He is too lightweight, and seems to think that 10 minutes of actual effort in a game is sufficient. he had a chance, a very good one, and never took it.

813Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wouldn't settle for Clough- he's a busted flush. He was OK for us a  few years ago when he was a crafty player but he showed nothing of that at Forest nor when he was on loan last season. He's a luxury we can't afford.
We need some one whose raw, miskicks the ball occasionally, falls over a few times and fluffs a few chances- but who can unsettle defences.
He's lurking in the lower divisions somewhere.

814Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I wouldn't settle for Clough- he's a busted flush. He was OK for us a  few years ago when he was a crafty player but he showed nothing of that at Forest nor when he was on loan last season. He's a luxury we can't afford.
We need some one whose raw, miskicks the ball occasionally, falls over a few times and fluffs a few chances- but who can unsettle defences.

You want us to sign someone who Falls over and miss kicks the ball?

815Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 09:57

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I wouldn't settle for Clough- he's a busted flush. He was OK for us a  few years ago when he was a crafty player but he showed nothing of that at Forest nor when he was on loan last season. He's a luxury we can't afford.

He's talkinh about a new Gary Madine.

816Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:01

I’d love Clough back, he’s a good option and I think some of the comments on him are a little harsh. He was a big player for us before he went to Forest, shouldn’t write that off because he’s having a rough time.

He’s a risk I’d be willing to take if we also got in an out and out striker - which is looking increasingly unlikely.

817Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just think that if Parky plays to the teams strengths - which he didn't v Sheff U - there'll be one striker and very few chances as the focus will be on not conceding.

818Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Where is Vaz Te these days?  Very Happy

819Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Where is Vaz Te these days?  Very Happy

China.

820Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:22

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:

That's it Boggers- but who scores a few goals along the way. Kevin Davies was good at falling over! And so is Neymar. I'd settle for him as well

821Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Papa Souare

822Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Papa Souare
A left back?

823Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 10:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
A left back?

Yes and currently plays for Crystal Palace.

824Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
A left back?

Yes and currently plays for Crystal Palace.
Yes but we don't want to be throwing our money away in a battle with Villa for his services as that would diminish the striker fund. or do we?

825Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

nothing in souare

826Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:nothing in souare

There's nothing in your ITK's TBH mate. Razz

827Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 11:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:nothing in souare

There's nothing in your ITK's TBH mate. Razz

We’ll see

828Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

829Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 13:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

830Transfer rumours ! - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 31 2018, 13:42

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

3 hours to go and the cupboard is still bare.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum