You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS?

Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 09:04

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't feel safe on my own thread.

I'm an old man.

2 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:14

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There’s a cost associated to it, which obviously we’d rather avoid

3 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:24

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
What does this all mean?

Is the site secure?

Do people visiting the site get warnings saying it's not or something?



4 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:30

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:What does this all mean?

Is the site secure?

Do people visiting the site get warnings saying it's not or something?




See here: https://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/https.html

5 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:31

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is this why my bank account is being drained every week? All the police can tell me is it's going to a crime family in Slough.

6 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:33

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this why my bank account is being drained every week? All the police can tell me is it's going to a crime family in Slough.

Anything to do with Wernham Hogg?

7 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:38

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this why my bank account is being drained every week? All the police can tell me is it's going to a crime family in Slough.

Ha ha

8 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:39

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not needed unless we want to stop a hacker getting Nat's tit pics

9 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:42

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Not needed unless we want to stop a hacker getting Nat's tit pics

They would be throwing money at us to keep them! Very Happy

10 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:44

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
@karlypants wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:What does this all mean?

Is the site secure?

Do people visiting the site get warnings saying it's not or something?




See here: https://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/https.html

Thanks but it's a bit to 'techy' for me to take in.

Is it simply saying for the likes of Nuts we are fine but if we were say a bank or HMRC we would need the 'secure' bit - the 's' in https?

Is all the private stuff we have about individuals (I guess the only info we have is the email address given to register with) totally secure?


11 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:47

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Is this why my bank account is being drained every week? All the police can tell me is it's going to a crime family in Slough.

We need to keep up with our rich neighbours the Windsors' just across the river.

12 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:50

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:What does this all mean?

Is the site secure?

Do people visiting the site get warnings saying it's not or something?




See here: https://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/https.html

Thanks but it's a bit to 'techy' for me to take in.

Is it simply saying for the likes of Nuts we are fine but if we were say a bank or HMRC we would need the 'secure' bit - the 's' in https?

Is all the private stuff we have about individuals (I guess the only info we have is the email address given to register with) totally secure?



Yeah we are fine. Smile

13 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There will be a lawsuit if my boobies end up online.

14 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 15:33

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Natasha Whittam wrote:There will be a lawsuit if my implants end up online.
Sorted it for you.

15 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 18:39

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Natasha Whittam wrote:There will be a lawsuit if my boobies end up online.
I think you are probably making a mountain out of a molehill, as per usual.



Last edited by Cajunboy on Thu Aug 23 2018, 18:56; edited 1 time in total

16 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 18:42

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:There will be a lawsuit if my boobies end up online.
I think you are probably making a mountain out of a mole hill, as per usual.

Laughing

17 Re: Why isn't Nuts using HTTPS? on Thu Aug 23 2018, 19:37

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't get it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum