You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Central Heating

Central Heating

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 10:36

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Here's one for you all. When do you decide to switch your central heating on? What temperature do you keep your household at?
Personally I don't think its not quite cold enough yet, although my other half thinks it's freezing (Whilst sitting there in a vest). Should just put a jumper on Very Happy I;m sat in a t-shirt and still think it's fine.

2 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I refuse to switch mine on until 1st October. I don't care if it's -30 outside, it's not coming on until the 1st.

My thermometer says it's currently 19 degrees in the penthouse.

3 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:24

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

4 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:30

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

Do you have an electric shower Bonce?

5 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:37

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

Do you have an electric shower Bonce?
Yes. Electric costs for last month were £15.75

6 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:41

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Our gas costs for last month were £9.65. Not had it on much. Easier to wear a jumper.

Do you have an electric shower Bonce?
Yes. Electric costs for last month were £15.75

How many people is in your household? Shocked

Seems well cheap considering most folk have a laptop on, tv, kettle, oven, lighting, charging of smart devices and electric shower!

7 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 13:50

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
2 in our house. I run a tight ship.

I make the candles from saved ear wax.

8 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:04

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think we pay about £60 around every 7 weeks

9 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:08

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m fact looking at my previous bill which was between the 16th July to the 1st September was £84.46 but that included extra gas and elec for another 2 adults for just over a week so 4 adults and a 2 year old in total.

We are on a shitty standard tariff with the awful BG too and we really need to move.

10 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:22

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Here's one for you all.  When do you decide to switch your central heating on?  What temperature do you keep your household at?
Personally I don't think its not quite cold enough yet, although my other half thinks it's freezing (Whilst sitting there in a vest).  Should just put a jumper on Very Happy  I;m sat in a t-shirt and still think it's fine.


We haven’t put our central heating on yet either and I am mostly just wearing a t-shirt although around 10pm I can feel the temperature drop so the jumper comes on.

It really isn’t cold enough to get the heating on yet in my opinion.

11 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 14:38

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric. I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% renewable electricity
100% carbon offset gas
Zero markup on the energy you use

I can refer people for a £25 Amazon gift card reward for us both if you like Very Happy

It is really easy to change and everyone should do it every year.

12 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 16:13

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric.  I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% renewable electricity
100% carbon offset gas
Zero markup on the energy you use

I can refer people for a £25 Amazon gift card reward for us both if you like Very Happy

It is really easy to change and everyone should do it every year.
I agree about changing supplier every year.

I'm with Avro Energy at the moment.

We have our thermostat set at 22C.  We have three time periods set during the day, but put boosts on through the day if needed.

We had a new Vaillant boiler fitted in April, so it's not been used much due to the hot summer. i'm interested to see how the costs work out through the next 6 month period.

13 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:25

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric.  I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% renewable electricity
100% carbon offset gas
Zero markup on the energy you use

I can refer people for a £25 Amazon gift card reward for us both if you like Very Happy

It is really easy to change and everyone should do it every year.
£66.46 for August ? Have I got that right?

Unless you are running a poorly insulated, 4 bedroom detached house, with 4 tenants, I think that's quite high. (or do you have a mansion ?)  Very Happy

14 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:26

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Mind you, that could be an average, paid each monthly, I suppose

15 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:30

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The thing that irritates me is that when I went on Uswitch a while back, it asks for a recent bill to show savings.

Why can't a comparison site show the price of kw to get the cheapest price on a like for like basis?

I played around with the search settings and it appeared that I could pay more for the standing charge to get a cheaper kw or vice versa. It doesn't give a true comparison.

Pretty shite tbh as everyone's bills are different month by month.

16 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:32

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm with Octopus Energy. Pretty happy with them too.

17 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:32

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Mind you, that could be an average, paid each monthly, I suppose

Not sure how BTID pays but we always give actual manual meter readings and then pay the bill instead of messing around with the estimated bills.

18 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:39

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).

19 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:40

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).
We used to be with BG. Hated them.

20 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:40

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).

Why not give them actual meter readings every month and then you pay the right figure?

I'm with them (unfortunately) and I use the BG app on my phone to submit the readings and then pay through that. Smile

21 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:41

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@gloswhite wrote:It seems to me, and I'm on dual fuel with BG, that no matter what I pay, its never bloody right, and needs adjusting every few months. (usually upwards).
We used to be with BG. Hated them.

I stuck with them because it was convenient but twice this year I have had an email telling me that my bills will go up by around £150 per year (total from both emails).

22 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:45

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I've no need to send them readings, I have smart meters installed. Don't seem to have been any real benefit to me, on the whole.

23 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:46

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Another thing is that the BG, or any for that matter, smart meters, may/will not, work for other suppliers.

24 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:47

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:I've no need to send them readings, I have smart meters installed. Don't seem to have been any real benefit to me, on the whole.

A lot of people online have said their bills have gone up since having these installed.

Not sure why you are not getting accurate bills then of you have these fitted.

25 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 17:57

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Last months cost for me was £19.16 Gas & £47.30 for electric.  I'm with Pure Planet who were oine of the cheapest quotes for me and claim the folowing:

100% renewable electricity
100% carbon offset gas
Zero markup on the energy you use

I can refer people for a £25 Amazon gift card reward for us both if you like Very Happy

It is really easy to change and everyone should do it every year.
£66.46 for August ? Have I got that right?

Unless you are running a poorly insulated, 4 bedroom detached house, with 4 tenants, I think that's quite high. (or do you have a mansion ?)  Very Happy

No that's my usage for the month (Middle of August to September) 3 bedroom house. But thats with no central heating on

26 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 23:14

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not done bad tonight considering the jumper has just come on! Very Happy

27 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 23:16

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Not done bad tonight considering the jumper has just come on! Very Happy
Had to read that twice. At first I thought you'd cum on your jumper watching Die Hard. Very Happy

28 Re: Central Heating on Fri Sep 21 2018, 23:25

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Not done bad tonight considering the jumper has just come on! Very Happy
Had to read that twice. At first I thought you'd cum on your jumper watching Die Hard. Very Happy

Very Happy

29 Re: Central Heating on Sat Sep 22 2018, 09:30

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
E
ypu all need to get out more.

30 Re: Central Heating on Sat Sep 22 2018, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:E
ypu all need to get out more.

Are you pissed at 9.30am in the morning?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum