Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Steve Parkin Thought - Derby

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Steve Parkin Thought - Derby Empty What Steve Parkin Thought - Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 12:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers ran out 1-0 victors against Derby County in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday afternoon, with Craig Noone scoring the sole goal of the game.

After the match, Wanderers assistant manager Steve Parkin spoke to bwfc.co.uk and covered the following topics...

On his assessment of the game...

It was a very hard fought game.

It is a very good team that we came up against and we stuck to our task tactically, which we tried to do.

We left them frustrated in terms of limiting ways of how they could try to get a goal, which worked a treat.

There were some very committed performances from the whole team.

At the end of the day, against a team that I have watched twice in the past month, who are an oustanding team on their day, it is a very good win for us.

On one of the best performances of the season so far...

I think it was but West Brom was right up there against a very good team, but they were a top side today too.

We had to be at our very best to beat them and I think from number one to 11, the lads were terrific.

The subs that came on did a good job and we just have to make sure that we bounce into our next home game.

We started the game a bit slow but then got into the game really well.

We got the goal which is vital to get first and I think we are a very difficult team to beat once we do that.

On Craig Noone's superb performance and goal...

We have been doing a bit of work with Nooney on that and it's not a lie.

When we have the ball on the opposing flank, can we get our wide man on the other side coming in at the back stick.

I used to play with a very good player in Tony Ford and he had this knack of ghosting in at the back stick and scoring.

It is just a great area to arrive in and we have been working with Nooney, Bucko etc. to come into those areas.

It was an unstoppable header.

On Craig Noone's special celebration with Stephen Darby...

They're close, as Darbs is with all of the players. It was a special day for us to pay tribute to somebody who is a special person.

For Craig to get the goal and then go and celebrate with Stephen is special for him and special for Craig and the players too.

On a number of fantastic displays...

There was, yes. It would be unfair to single out individual players. People will be talking about Ozzy (Erhun Oztumer) and how he's come in and done so well.

He's getting up to speed with this division and it was a bit quick and a bit much maybe for him to begin with, but he's right up to speed now and doing well.

Doidgey (Christian Doidge) looked a handful when he came on, Hobbsy (Jack Hobbs) has bided his time to come into the team, and he was great.

Jonathan Grounds had an outstanding game today and it was nice to see Remi (Matthews) do well, because he's had to wait to come into the team.

There were some really good displays, but the overall team performance I think was the key.

On Remi Matthews coming into the team...

He's not had a great deal to do, but in the end, everything he's done today was great.

His kicking was great and he was neat and tidy. When he was called upon to make a great save, he has done so.

We're really pleased for him because he's worked hard, he's trained hard, and he's bided his time,

Ben (Alnwick) has unfortunately got a bit of an injury but Remi has come in and taken his chance.

On the bonus of a home win...

It is the key thing. It's the key thing for all of us.

We've been fantastic away from home with the exception of 45 minutes against Middlesbrough.

At home, we've not got it going how we would have liked to have got it going, but today I thought the lads were excellent.

It's key for us and our supporters.

On the buoyancy of the group...

The lads have just got to enjoy their evening and put their feet up tomorrow.

We'll get them in on Monday and have a head check to see what bumps and bruises they have. We'll see how they are.

We then go to Stoke and it's another great stadium to play at, and it's a club that has just come down from the Premier League.

It is an important game for us, and we're looking forward to it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum