Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Stoke

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Stoke Empty What Parkinson Thought - Stoke Wed Oct 03 2018, 08:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers were beaten by two goals to nil at Stoke City in the Sky Bet Championship on Tuesday evening.

Phil Parkinson spoke to bwfc.co.uk following the final whistle at the bet365 Stadium covering the following topics...

On his general assesment of the game...

We've conceded a poor goal early on from a set-play which gave Stoke a real lift of energy.

In the second half, I'm absolutely livid with the referee's decision to disallow a perfectly good goal.

I could see from where I was that (Jack) Butland has over-stretched and then Josh (Magennis) has just headed the ball in at the back stick.

It's a terrible decision and one that has cost us. Tom Ince has then scored the second goal with seven or eight minutes to go.

I think we acquitted ourselves very well in the second half. We passed the ball well and got into some threatening positions, and really I do think the referee has cost us tonight.

On conceding a soft opener and the effect it had on the game...

I think when you come into a Tuesday game, when both teams have had tough games on the Saturday, that early goal can lift one team, which it did.

We looked a bit like we felt sorry for ourselves up until half-time but I felt second half we got going.

Like I said, we moved the ball really well and there was no sign of fatigue on our part in the second half.

We played with a lot more energy and took our game 20 yards further up the pitch.

I think our second half display warranted an equaliser.

On having a real go at Stoke in the second half...

Stoke are a good side and they've spent millions of pounds on the squad that they have.

They've got some very good players.

We've had an almighty effort at the weekend and played against a similar style of team tonight in terms of the system (4-3-3) and for large parts of the game I think we have acquitted ourselves well.

On Josh Magennis' disallowed goal...

It is an incredible decision.

Ozzy (Erhun Oztumer) has delivered a great ball to the far post, (Jack) Butland has stretched for the ball, got nowhere near it and then Josh (Magennis) has headed in at the back stick.

What the referee has seen, I don't know but I can't wait to ask him. He has called it wrong.

On positives to take from tonight's performance...

I think there are positives to take, very much so. We dug deep in the second half and played some really good stuff.

We got into some great positions. Yanic (Wildschut) came on and did well for us, he gave us that lift when we needed it.

The lads have given everything to get back into the game, it wasn't to be tonight but we move onto the weekend.

On the opportunity to bounce back in a local derby...

It's a terrific fixture on Saturday and the last game before the international break.

We'll look forward to that one and then hopefully head into the break in good spirits.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum