Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you VEGAN yet?

+7
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Are you VEGAN yet? Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Simple question. Are you a vegan?

And further than that - let's discuss the topic without abusing each other.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:08 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Simple answer...No!

3Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a veggie since the age of 17. Vegans annoy me. On meeting them for the first time they inform you that they're vegan, then go on to tell you why, and why you too should also be vegan.
They then continue on to imply that you're a heartless bastard, with no soul, who turns a deaf ear to the screams of geraniums.

4Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'm a veggie since the age of 17. Vegans annoy me. On meeting them for the first time they inform you that they're vegan, then go on to tell you why, and why you too should also be vegan.
They then continue on to imply that you're a heartless bastard, with no soul, who turns a deaf ear to the screams of geraniums.

Mrs. McD is veggie and considering becoming a vegan. Be sure that I won’t tolerate this kind of behaviour though, Bonce. No one needs to know as long as you bring your own vegan sausages to dinner parties.

5Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:57 am

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No.

Unless you have a serious health problem that requires you to be a vegan, it's yet another fad.

I don't wish to change sex either.  I prefer women to men, but I don't want to wear a dress.

6Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:51 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm omnivorous. I've got a lamb shank in the oven at the minute and I'm going to enjoy eating it later

7Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Stopped eating meat a couple of years ago, better for my health and the environment I don’t miss it.

Wouldnt go vegan, too difficult.

8Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Stopped eating meat a couple of years ago, better for my health and the environment I don’t miss it.

What a load of shite, of course you miss it. You'd rather have a salad sandwich than a hamburger?

9Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:35 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Meat substitutes have improved enormously over the past few years.

10Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Stopped eating meat a couple of years ago, better for my health and the environment I don’t miss it.

What a load of shite, of course you miss it. You'd rather have a salad sandwich than a hamburger?

Is salad sandwich a thing in Preston? Sounds shit.

11Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't imagine being a vegetarian nevermind a vegan, I eat some kind of meat every day so nigh on impossible.

12Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No. The human digestive system is perfectly designed to eat meat and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. Unless I had a medical need to give up meat and fish I won't be doing it.

13Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:25 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I eat some kind of meat every day so nigh on impossible.

KP's sausage?

14Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:11 pm

xmiles wrote:No. The human digestive system is perfectly designed to eat meat and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. Unless I had a medical need to give up meat and fish I won't be doing it.

Not saying you should feel this way, but does the environmental impact sway you at all?

15Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:33 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:
xmiles wrote:No. The human digestive system is perfectly designed to eat meat and fish as well as fruit and vegetables. Unless I had a medical need to give up meat and fish I won't be doing it.

Not saying you should feel this way, but does the environmental impact sway you at all?

I am aware of the environmental impact of humans eating increasing amounts of meat due to the economic advances in places like China. I also think it is wrong to maltreat animals or overfish but, for what I guess can be called purely selfish reasons, I prefer not to give up eating meat and fish.

I understand why people become vegetarians but find veganism unconvincing since it is medically unsound as a diet particularly for babies and young children. I have even less sympathy for pet owning vegans who put their cats and dogs on vegan diets.

And I don't really understand pescatarians. They think animals feel pain but fish don't?

16Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:35 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:I eat some kind of meat every day so nigh on impossible.

KP's sausage?
 Amongst others, yes  Very Happy

17Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 am

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I am a big meat eater and would never give it up.

I know 3 vegetarians - 1 who will only eat McDonalds (yes she knows how ridiculous it is, she says she just doesn't like cuts of meat), 1 who will only eat some shell-fish and one who will eat all fish.

I have known only 1 vegan - a particularly unhealthy stick thin hippie type. 

I don't understand any of it really but I think Vegan's are at least properly following through their principles, whilst most veges who are doing it on moral grounds will pick and choose what they will eat. They seem to care about some animals but not about others. Who gives a fuck about fish right? Leather shoes and handbags are perfectly fine. I can't quite get my head around that way of thinking.

18Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 am

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

RustyNail wrote:
I know 3 vegetarians - 1 who will only eat McDonalds (yes she knows how ridiculous it is, she says she just doesn't like cuts of meat), 1 who will only eat some shell-fish and one who will eat all fish.

So none of them are vegetarians then?

19Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:49 am

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It would appear not, but they call themselves Veges.

20Are you VEGAN yet? Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:24 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

RustyNail wrote:It would appear not, but they call themselves Veges.

:facepalm:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum