You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake?

ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 15:15

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
TBF this weekend is the anniversary of our first win of last season, so providing we go on a similar run between now and the end of the season we should be fine.

32 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 15:25

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Pretty good. At this stage last season with ALF in the squad we were bottom of the league and had 2 points.

Yes, it was all ALFs fault we were bottom of the league.

The truth is we've let a proven game changer go, and replaced him with a League 2 player who so far looks massively out of his depth. And we're paying £1m for him!

If we're paying that sort of money for any player he should walk into the first team. I'm guessing that sort of money could have got us virtually any of the League 1 top scorers, never mind League 2.

33 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 19:26

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Alf has been benched by a series of clubs over the years, it's common knowledge he is one of the few gentleman left in the game, who hasn't caused trouble for anyone.

Is it? Can’t say I’ve ever heard that and I’m far closer to the game than you.

34 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 19:34

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Is it? Can’t say I’ve ever heard that and I’m far closer to the game than you.

I've heard it many times, ever listened to Colin Murray's radio shows?

35 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 20:06

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Nah not a fan of Colin Murray, too much of a sycophant for me. Although credit to him for leaving talksport on the basis of Murdoch getting involved.

36 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 20:11

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nah not a fan of Colin Murray, too much of a sycophant for me. Although credit to him for leaving talksport on the basis of Murdoch getting involved.

He's ok, but he's mentioned ALF in a positive light on a couple of occasions for non-footballing reasons, and then there was the time ALF rang up Channel 5 (when Murray was presenting) when Danny Cowley (Martin's dream BWFC manager) said he was too in awe of ALF to approach him when he saw him on holiday.

37 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 20:20

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Fair enough, but that doesn’t show Alf wouldn’t be put out at the move being blocked.

38 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Sun Oct 14 2018, 20:22

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fair enough, but that doesn’t show Alf wouldn’t be put out at the move being blocked.

I guess not, just my opinion that he wouldn't be a trouble maker. Some people sign a contract and stick to it.

39 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Adam Le Fondre's record so far for Sydney FC:

Played 2, Goals 2

Once again, a fucking huge mistake to let him go.

40 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Adam Le Fondre's record so far for Sydney FC:

Played 2, Goals 2

Once again, a fucking huge mistake to let him go.
From our standpoint, I agree in toto.  From a club standpoint, he wanted to leave... do you try and enforce the contract?  Result is that he probably would have scored a few points for us in the past downward spiral... with a goal here and there that would have made the one-goal games as draws and consequently points for us.  But a disgruntled "enslaved" employee (albeit making more than anyone on the Nuts blog), might not make that effort. He is a true loss to this club.

41 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:From a club standpoint, he wanted to leave... do you try and enforce the contract? 

Absolutely. Other than Ameobi he was the only game changer we had.

Are any of Magennis, Donaldson or Doidge better than Le Fondre? Not on recent form.

42 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:From a club standpoint, he wanted to leave... do you try and enforce the contract? 

Absolutely. Other than Ameobi he was the only game changer we had.

Are any of Magennis, Donaldson or Doidge better than Le Fondre? Not on recent form.

Not arguing the point at all... since I would love to have him on the pitch for us.  But an owner of a business has to make that judgment, and KA or Parky made a poor business decision... a decision that is humane for Alf... but terrible for the club.

43 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:41

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Stop talking about ALF, every time i think i'm over him someone mentions his name  Crying or Very sad

44 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 12:58

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
There is little evidence to indicate that Parky would have played him anyhow, which I'm sure was a big consideration in agreeing to let him go.

45 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There is little evidence to indicate that Parky would have played him anyhow, which I'm sure was a big consideration in agreeing to let him go.

He'd have been brought on in virtually every one of our recent games.

46 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 20:21

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The fans had been calling out for ALF to play, however the reality was that it was not the same ALF that we remember from his best days, hence Wolves, Wigan and BWFC saw him as a useful substitute.

He as far as i could see asked to leave. And to compare him to Doidge is really unfair, ALF was a premiership player who's career was on the wane, His ambition was to give up championship football to play in Australia? CD is the complete opposite a young up and coming player worth taking a chance on.

I like ALF he was a proper striker but we missed his best days.

47 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm not saying he should have started games - although I do think he's more likely to score than any of our current strikers.

But you need something different on the bench. We don't have it.

48 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Oct 30 2018, 20:37

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Think doidge will end up a better option.

49 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Wed Oct 31 2018, 08:57

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Think doidge will end up a better option.

He may do long term, but right now we are missing something different off the bench.

50 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Thu Nov 01 2018, 07:04

Dunkels King

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
If Doidge can get some decent service I think he will do well. Against Hull, Oztumer was like a headless chicken and if he could have passed the ball once in a while rather than shooting we might have got something out of the game. I don’t think having ALF in this team would make any difference, especially when no one behind the front one or two seems capable of passing the ball anymore.

51 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Fri Nov 02 2018, 12:15

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Another 2 goals for ALF. but Parkinson knows best.

52 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Nov 06 2018, 10:33

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Proving to be a shocking decision based on our recent failure to find the net despite the number of chances being created. As with the Madine sale, this decision will come back to haunt whoever made the decision to let Alf go. At this rate they’ll end up having to invest in another striker in January or go out with a whimper.

53 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Nov 06 2018, 12:10

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Proving to be a shocking decision based on our recent failure to find the net despite the number of chances being created. As with the Madine sale, this decision will come back to haunt whoever made the decision to let Alf go. At this rate they’ll end up having to invest in another striker in January or go out with a whimper.
But what sort of striker would he be? We've recently recruited Magennis, Donaldson and Doidge and ,to be honest, none of them have done the business of striking. We're likely to recruit another deadleg if he's allowed to recruit someone else. He'll be praying that Ameobi can find the net as the other three don't seem capable of doing it at the moment

54 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Nov 06 2018, 13:36

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Didn't Doidge score for fun at a similar level i.e. League 1?

55 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Nov 06 2018, 13:38

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Didn't Doidge score for fun at a similar level i.e. League 1?

No.

56 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Nov 06 2018, 13:53

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Didn't Doidge score for fun at a similar level i.e. League 1?
No, they paid him.  25 in conference play and 15 in League 2 for Forest Green.  10 for D&R in League 2 prior.

57 Re: ALF: Parky's Biggest Mistake? on Tue Nov 06 2018, 13:59

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think for the money we are going to spend on him we should have gone for someone on loan with more experience at this level. At least if the loan didn't work out we could just send them back and move on.
I hope i'm wrong and he proves me so but i just can't see Doidge cutting it at this level.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum