You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 0-3 Forest

Bolton 0-3 Forest

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Bolton 0-3 Forest on Sun Oct 21 2018, 20:54

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
The draw specialist up next, with the money they have they spent should be doing better, 3 games in 7 days means team rotation yet again.

1-3 for me.

2 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Sun Oct 21 2018, 21:33

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Another loss notched up against Forest for sure.

3 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Mon Oct 22 2018, 19:51

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'm hoping Phil will go with Doidge from the start now he's opened his account but I supect it'll be the same 11 that started on Saturday. I'm predicting a 0-0 snorefest.

4 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Mon Oct 22 2018, 20:01

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
A tedious and nervous game.
1-1

5 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Mon Oct 22 2018, 20:06

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Zero chance it’s the same 11 as started on Saturday imagine we’ll see Noone and Buckley come back in, unsure how but think Donaldson will start again, I’d like to see Doidge but doubt he’ll be starting.

Happy if we get a draw.

6 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Mon Oct 22 2018, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It'll be more musical chairs, Parky might even pick himself.

0-2 away win.

Who cares, I support Chorley.

7 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 09:05

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref Watch: Andy Davies to officiate Wanderers home game against Nottingham Forest

Andy Davies will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship midweek home clash against Nottingham Forest on Wednesday evening at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Entering into his seventh season as a top flight referee, Davies has officiated 11 games so far this year, in which he has produced 41 yellow cards and sent one player off.

When looking towards last season, Davies produced 104 yellow cards in 31 games, branding six red cards in total.

The last time Davies was in charge a Wanderers match was in September 2018, where he oversaw Wanderers 2-2 draw against Preston North End.

In that fixture, Davies booked four players and sent off the Lilywhites' midfielder Ben Pearson.

Paul Hodskinson and Mark Dwyer will run the line for the fixture, with Jeremy Simpson as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 09:24

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
With magennis doing international duty on top of regular starts and Donaldson doing so well at Rotherham I’d be looking at starting the latter alongside doidge and plaYing vela, oz and no one seeing as it’s a home game. Won’t happen though so we’ll concede the initiative again and lose narrowly. 1 - 2

9 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 09:46

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Do you honestly believe a 2 of Oz and Vela would stand up to any half decent midfield? Coyle’s refusal to  protect the back 4 cost him dear, we don’t need to go backwards.

10 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 09:54

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I'm going to buck the trend, and say we will win 2-1, (God knows how though), and I'll go for Vela

11 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 10:55

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oz has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can hack it at this level. The other problem is the wingers are all rubbish. Are any of them better than Morais? Probably not.

12 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 11:10

Growler


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I think we should be playing this game on Tuesday night so we have an extra day to prepare for the more important game against Hull.Whoever switched it to Wednesday is a poor planner.
If Forest play well they'll win seeing how they have better players than us, hopefully they'll have an off night and we'll gain a point or three.

13 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 12:02

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My beef is that we always kick off at 8pm. Getting back to Leigh for my last bus is always touch and go.

A 7.45 KO would be easier for me, but when I asked about the evening kick off times, I was told it was something to do with the Middlebrook shopping centre, but he didn't elaborate.

14 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 12:08

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Do you honestly believe a 2 of Oz and Vela would stand up to any half decent midfield? Coyle’s refusal to  protect the back 4 cost him dear, we don’t need to go backwards.
No I'd go with 352 and tell those two to get up and down more.

15 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 12:48

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So you’d play 3 in the centre and two wing backs? If the third is Lowe I’m onboard.

16 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 13:35

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oz has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can hack it at this level. The other problem is the wingers are all rubbish. Are any of them better than Morais? Probably not.
That one still baffles me... Morais must have pissed off Parky or KA in some other way.

17 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 14:14

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oz has done absolutely nothing to suggest he can hack it at this level. The other problem is the wingers are all rubbish. Are any of them better than Morais? Probably not.
That one still baffles me... Morais must have pissed off Parky or KA in some other way.
Morais flopped last season so I can understand it - although he scored for Crawley Town at the weekend. However, Wildschut has become very inconsistent after a bright start for us and Dyer hasn't shown anything like his old form yet. Noone has been decent and hard working and regardless of what you think about Ameobi, defences hate playing against him and he's a big miss for us. For now, Olkowski should play on the right of a midfield 5 but we need someone who can get up and down the left with pace - we could have done with getting Antonee Robinson back TBH as he'd have been perfect at left mid in a 352.

The 352 with Olkowski on the right of a mid 5 is what Parky tried to do against Rotherham, but we were weak on the left as neither Dyer nor Wildschut could make any impact going forward or defend with confidence.
Solve the wide left mid problem, swap out one of the DMs for Oz - or Ireland when he's ready - and rest Magennis to try Donaldson and Doidge up top and I think he may be on to something.

18 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Morais flopped last season

Absolute garbage. But I'm sure your armchair knows best.

19 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 14:26

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What I will say though is I'd play Little on the right wing. He was one of our best players driving down the right last season. Noone works hard but his contribution is limited.

20 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 14:43

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What I will say though is I'd play Little on the right wing. He was one of our best players driving down the right last season. Noone works hard but his contribution is limited.
Not a bad idea that.

21 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 15:19

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What I will say though is I'd play Little on the right wing. He was one of our best players driving down the right last season. Noone works hard but his contribution is limited.
Not a bad idea that.
With Olkowski playing so well it's tricky to shoehorn them both in, but as Parky is OK about playing left footed wingers on the right and vice versa why not try Little at left midfield in a 5? 
E.g.

                       Alnwick

             Hobbs Wheater Wilson

Olkowski Williams Oztumer Lowe Little

               Doidge Donaldson

22 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 15:41

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Morais flopped last season

Absolute garbage. But I'm sure your armchair knows best.
Don't want to spoil your argument with facts but last season he got a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in 33 appearances (total pitch time 1860 minute = 20.66 full matches)
He got booked 0.39 times for every 90 minutes he played and was sent off once. That's one goal and one dismissal every 20+ games, one assist every 10+ games and one booking every 2.6 games.

He was an effing liability.

Morais has found his level (League 2) having scored 3 times in 14 for Crawley so far.

Noone and Wildschutt have already done more for us this year than Morais did in the entire season and it's still October.

23 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:46

Dunkels King

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Morais flopped last season

Absolute garbage. But I'm sure your armchair knows best.
Don't want to spoil your argument with facts but last season he got a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in 33 appearances (total pitch time 1860 minute = 20.66 full matches)
He got booked 0.39 times for every 90 minutes he played and was sent off once. That's one goal and one dismissal every 20+ games, one assist every 10+ games and one booking every 2.6 games.

He was an effing liability.

Morais has found his level (League 2) having scored 3 times in 14 for Crawley so far.

Noone and Wildschutt have already done more for us this year than Morais did in the entire season and it's still October.

I would agree with everything you said but Nat would be on my case so you are talking b0ll0cks Very Happy

24 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Tue Oct 23 2018, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Don't want to spoil your argument with facts but last season he got a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in 33 appearances (total pitch time 1860 minute = 20.66 full matches)
He got booked 0.39 times for every 90 minutes he played and was sent off once. That's one goal and one dismissal every 20+ games, one assist every 10+ games and one booking every 2.6 games.

He was an effing liability.

Morais has found his level (League 2) having scored 3 times in 14 for Crawley so far.

Noone and Wildschutt have already done more for us this year than Morais did in the entire season and it's still October.

Your argument would carry some weight if you were actually there.

25 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:03

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

26 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Wed Oct 24 2018, 12:45

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Don't want to spoil your argument with facts but last season he got a grand total of 1 goal and 2 assists in 33 appearances (total pitch time 1860 minute = 20.66 full matches)
He got booked 0.39 times for every 90 minutes he played and was sent off once. That's one goal and one dismissal every 20+ games, one assist every 10+ games and one booking every 2.6 games.

He was an effing liability.

Morais has found his level (League 2) having scored 3 times in 14 for Crawley so far.

Noone and Wildschutt have already done more for us this year than Morais did in the entire season and it's still October.

Your argument would carry some weight if you were actually there.
Why? Did the live streams lie? Could have sworn I was watching BWFC.

27 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Wed Oct 24 2018, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why? Did the live streams lie? Could have sworn I was watching BWFC.

Streams give you the basics, but there's nothing like being there to get the whole picture.

Morais is no worse than any of Noone, Buckley or Wildshit, plus he was a fans favourite who could get the crowd going.

It's just like the ALF thing, players released and then replaced with players who are no better.

28 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Wed Oct 24 2018, 14:17

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Not to mention the fact those Reebok Roar streams were only available for the latter part of the season - and were a live stream of a stream on a phone.

29 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Wed Oct 24 2018, 16:07

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Not to mention the fact those Reebok Roar streams were only available for the latter part of the season - and were a live stream of a stream on a phone.
I preferred the Australian guy on FB - I was on tenterhooks when he was deciding which biscuit he was going to have with his brew. Talk about atmosphere....

30 Re: Bolton 0-3 Forest on Wed Oct 24 2018, 16:44

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Talking of streams, will there be one on chatbox tonight

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum