You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Can you love an object?

Can you love an object?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 13:54

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Saw this on the BBC this morning.

https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/can-you-love-an-object/p062mhs5?playlist=imho

I certainly love my old teddy, Mr Beasley, although not in an erotic way. I'm sure you all own something that you, for want of a better term, love.
Anyway, who'd not love Mr Beasley?

2 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I now have an image of you "loving" Mr Beasley in my head.

I won't sleep for a week.

3 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:01

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nat is in love with her vibrators.

Does that count?

4 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:02

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Nat is in love with her vibrators.


There's no need to make fun of Cecil and Jarvis.

5 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:02

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Does a dog count? I like my family ( well, most of them) but  I love my dog. Not in an erotic sense , but as a  companion who makes me laugh

6 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:02

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A dog isn't an object.

If you want to start a dogging thread, be my guest.

7 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:38

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:A dog isn't an object.

If you want to start a dogging thread, be my guest.
Quite right, a dog doesn't count. 

However, dogs have an identity tag, and I've held on to all of mine. Maybe that's just sentimentality.

8 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:41

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
My jag.

Bolton Wanderers. (Lets be honest, for the amount of life we see in them, they can be counted as objects, can't they ?)

9 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:51

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@gloswhite wrote:My jag.

Bolton Wanderers. (Lets be honest, for the amount of life we see in them, they can be counted as objects, can't they ?)

Seeing as we're nitpicking here, BWFC isn't an object- its a corporate entity.
But your jag is acceptable

10 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 14:53

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
OK- discount my dog you heartless bastards.
What about the huge copper beech in my garden. The leaves are beautiful colours at the moment.
Is that an object?

11 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 15:20

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How anyone can love a car is beyond me.There again, this is me, and my first,and only car. It was red, and I could pedal like the wind.

12 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 15:47

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hope you have had your hair cut since.

13 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 15:49

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:I hope you have had your hair cut since.
Yes. Still wearing short pants though.

14 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 16:13

gloswhite

avatar
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@rammywhite wrote:OK- discount my dog you heartless bastards.
What about the huge copper beech in my garden. The leaves are beautiful colours at the moment.
Is that an object?
Trees are OK, after all, you do get lots of tree huggers, (and I quite like my Acer  Very Happy )

15 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 16:42

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@gloswhite wrote:
@rammywhite wrote:OK- discount my dog you heartless bastards.
What about the huge copper beech in my garden. The leaves are beautiful colours at the moment.
Is that an object?
Trees are OK, after all, you do get lots of tree huggers, (and I quite like my Acer  Very Happy )

OK -trees are OK. They're living things which grow, need water and feed themselves.
So- how's that different from my dog? It does exactly the same

16 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 17:07

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fair enough Rammy, but your tree doesn't piss on your dog. He should show the tree more respect.

17 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 17:13

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:I hope you have had your hair cut since.
Yes. Still wearing short pants though.

Very Happy

18 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 18:45

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm still keen on my Steve McAnespie toenail clippings. I take them out from time to time.

19 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 19:05

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm still keen on my Steve McAnespie toenail clippings. I take them out from time to time.

What do you do with them? Sniff em?

20 Re: Can you love an object? on Mon Oct 22 2018, 19:05

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:What do you do with them? Sniff em?

That's between me and the toenails.

21 Re: Can you love an object? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 21:46

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I love my Victor she's called Victoria, i love to run my hands over her bulges poke my finger in her hole, i like to sit on her and tell her she's a stunner.

22 Re: Can you love an object? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 21:59

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:I love my Victor she's called Victoria, i love to run my hands over her bulges poke my finger in her hole, i like to sit on her and tell her she's a stunner.

Is Victor a horse?

23 Re: Can you love an object? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 22:17

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@Angry Dad wrote:I love my Victor she's called Victoria, i love to run my hands over her bulges poke my finger in her hole, i like to sit on her and tell her she's a stunner.

Is Victor a horse?

24 Re: Can you love an object? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 22:35

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum