You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » What's next for the scrapheap?

What's next for the scrapheap?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:10

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45950477

I reckon the hand held calculator has had its day. Most phones have one.

And don't say slippers.

2 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:16

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The BBC with its TV license or at least it should be on the scrapheap!

3 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:20

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:The BBC with its TV license or at least it should be on the scrapheap!
Can't see it KP. They're even talking about making the over 75's pay for a full licence.
For some of them, it's their only company. They need a TV more than anyone. Miserable bastards those BBC oiks.
 One thing that was supposed to be making a comeback was the good old record player, but I don't know anyone who has one.

4 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:28

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I do wonder if the reason to scrap over 75’s free licence is due to a loss in revenue from youngsters who simply don’t watch live telly now and just stick to YouTube, Netflix, catchup tv etc.

It should be made as a subscription based service like sky.

5 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:31

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think Johnny bought a record player not so long back too.

6 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:41

Dunkels King

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:The BBC with its TV license or at least it should be on the scrapheap!
Can't see it KP. They're even talking about making the over 75's pay for a full licence.
For some of them, it's their only company. They need a TV more than anyone. Miserable bastards those BBC oiks.
 One thing that was supposed to be making a comeback was the good old record player, but I don't know anyone who has one.

Over here I pay around 55 Euro every 3 months. Even if you don't own a TV, if you have a Computer or Tablet or Mobile Phone you still have to pay because you have access to TV online. If you are the only person in Germany who doesn't have any of those, but owns a Radio or has a Car with a Radio then you have to pay for that which is probably about half the price we pay. Many people say that you can get away with it by refusing the inspectors entry to your house if they come knocking, but they are crafty gits, so you better also hide your car, and is it really worth ending up on the Schufa blacklist (credit rating) by trying to not pay for something that you should be paying for....

7 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:43

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:The BBC with its TV license or at least it should be on the scrapheap!
Can't see it KP. They're even talking about making the over 75's pay for a full licence.
For some of them, it's their only company. They need a TV more than anyone. Miserable bastards those BBC oiks.
 One thing that was supposed to be making a comeback was the good old record player, but I don't know anyone who has one.


https://thevinylfactory.com/news/vinyl-sales-2017/

8 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:48

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@boltonbonce wrote:
@karlypants wrote:The BBC with its TV license or at least it should be on the scrapheap!
Can't see it KP. They're even talking about making the over 75's pay for a full licence.
For some of them, it's their only company. They need a TV more than anyone. Miserable bastards those BBC oiks.
 One thing that was supposed to be making a comeback was the good old record player, but I don't know anyone who has one.

I've got a record player  but its in the attic and its been there for about 25 years! I've still got loads of LPs. For the younger ones amongst us that's long playing vinyl records.

9 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:50

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
What will go soon is car keys as virtually every car has now got remote controlled locks.

10 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 16:53

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Still got a few LP's, but nothing to play them on. Won't be cluttering the place up with a record player any time soon. They've had their day.
Maybe CD's are on the way out too.

11 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 17:08

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Vinyl is seeing a resurgence, it's going to be here for a while longer.

Buying digital is a mugs game. It's worthless the minute you hand over your cash.

12 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 18:31

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Vinyl is seeing a resurgence, it's going to be here for a while longer.

Buying digital is a mugs game. It's worthless the minute you hand over your cash.
Records and books are very tactile. People need to feel what they've bought.

I have a kindle, but there's nothing like the feel and smell of a physical book.

13 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 19:10

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I couldn't agree more. You can't spend hours putting your digital downloads in alphabetical order.

14 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 21:22

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Political correctness, it is festering like a huge puss filled bright red Boil and it is going to get pricked. I was watching an episode of Private Eye on Talking Pictures Frank Marker starring Alfred Burke ,i like all things 60's at the begining was the usual warnings and underneath was warning may contain outdated attitudes. That's it they can fuck right off from now on i'm going to let it flow.

15 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 21:24

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I have one really fuck off large outdated attitude and i'm proud of it.

17 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Tue Oct 23 2018, 22:44

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Vinyl is seeing a resurgence, it's going to be here for a while longer.

Buying digital is a mugs game. It's worthless the minute you hand over your cash.
Records and books are very tactile. People need to feel what they've bought.

I have a kindle, but there's nothing like the feel and smell of a physical book.

:agree:

18 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 01:44

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Vinyl is seeing a resurgence, it's going to be here for a while longer.

Buying digital is a mugs game. It's worthless the minute you hand over your cash.
Records and books are very tactile. People need to feel what they've bought.

I have a kindle, but there's nothing like the feel and smell of a physical book.

:agree:
Two different things. Don't want to be lugging half a dozen books on my holidays and folk can't see what you're reading on a Kindle so it prevents dumbass questions.
And I ain't going to strap a record player to my head in the gym.

19 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 08:20

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
@wanderlust wrote:
@xmiles wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Vinyl is seeing a resurgence, it's going to be here for a while longer.

Buying digital is a mugs game. It's worthless the minute you hand over your cash.
Records and books are very tactile. People need to feel what they've bought.

I have a kindle, but there's nothing like the feel and smell of a physical book.

:agree:
Two different things. Don't want to be lugging half a dozen books on my holidays and folk can't see what you're reading on a Kindle so it prevents dumbass questions.
And I ain't going to strap a record player to my head in the gym.

Yes I have a kindle for travel but at home I prefer a proper book.

20 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 09:09

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm wondering if TV's have had their day. I myself watch online 99% of the time.

21 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:04

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
No they have not, soon they will come rolled up like a poster in a tube.

22 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:41

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:No they have not, soon they will come rolled up like a poster in a tube.
It's all about the technology now. The content is mostly shit.

23 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:42

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Hopefully the Conservative party.

24 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:46

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wessy wrote:Hopefully the Conservative party.
With you in mind Wessy, what about handkerchiefs? I don't see many people using them these days. For their nose at least.
I myself use my sleeve.
Or the curtains.

25 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:49

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
@wessy wrote:Hopefully the Conservative party.
With you in mind Wessy, what about handkerchiefs? I don't see many people using them these days. For their nose at least.
I myself use my sleeve.
Or the curtains.

Norpig said curtains are there to wipe your knob on!

26 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 10:50

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wessy wrote:Hopefully the Conservative party.

Bitter.

27 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 11:30

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
@wessy wrote:Hopefully the Conservative party.
With you in mind Wessy, what about handkerchiefs? I don't see many people using them these days. For their nose at least.
I myself use my sleeve.
Or the curtains.

Norpig said curtains are there to wipe your knob on!
Mr Pig must have the stiffest curtains in town. Shocked

28 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A new low for Nuts. Wiping your knob on the curtains.

And you wonder why Nuts is quiet.

29 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 12:05

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:A new low for Nuts. Wiping your knob on the curtains.

And you wonder why Nuts is quiet.

This is KP's doing. I didn't bring it up. Neutral

30 Re: What's next for the scrapheap? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 12:10

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Laughing

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum