Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The butterfly influence...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The butterfly influence...  Empty The butterfly influence... Tue Oct 23 2018, 21:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Knocking my Akram click off the side table changed history got me. 

Most people have heard of the butterfly effect. The idea that even tiny insignificant events can influence major events. Just how powerful is it, and can you trace it back?

In my own life I can trace one such chain back some way. 

It started around 13 years ago or more and knocking my alarm clock off during the night changed the rest of my life. 

I accidentally knocked my alarm clock off the side table in the middle of the night and didn't realise it has stopped the alarm working. 
I woke up late for my driving lesson and the instructor was good enough to put it back an hour. 
By this time I was late for work and it meant I wasn't there to hold the ladder for my brother when he fell off. At a job where I would have been standing on the bottom of the ladder to steady it. 
Not only did it change my brother's life it also meant that 12 months later as part of his recovery I took him on a university night out which I wouldn't have otherwise been on. On this night out I met the girl who I have lived with for the last 10 years and may do for the rest of my life. 
I wonder what my life would be had I woken on time that day? 

Can you trace your life back to an innocuous event?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2The butterfly influence...  Empty Re: The butterfly influence... Tue Oct 23 2018, 21:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes when i missed my train to Manchester at Victoria London i decided to have one more beer in the pub and got chatted up by a stunning girl ended up back at her flat it changed the course i was following.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum