You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Happy clappers tell me why?

Happy clappers tell me why?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:34

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
We should stick with this clueless twat of a manager?

2 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:39

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
If we were to get rid, doubt Ken would. I’m not sure we would be able to attract better given the state of the club. 

Lose to Hull and it would be interesting to see what Ken does though.

3 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:40

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No need for the abuse by the way, PP has done very well for this club, steering us through some dark days. He may have taken us as far as he can, but deserves immense respect.

4 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:50

Sluffy

Admin
Because he's the best we've had since Allardyce and we aren't going to be getting anyone better for the foreseeable future having to rely on free transfers and bargain basement players to make a team with.

Forest spent £30 million on players this summer and we were outbid by a third division club for a player nobody had even heard of before, who was our top summer transfer target.

It's not really rocket science why we lose more than we win but clearly in your head everything is Parkinson's fault.

Everything!

5 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:52

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i'm finding it very hard to defend him to be honest. A couple more performances like that and he'll be out.

6 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:54

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Because he's the best we've had since Allardyce and we aren't going to be getting anyone better for the foreseeable future having to rely on free transfers and bargain basement players to make a team with.

Forest spent £30 million on players this summer and we were outbid by a third division club for a player nobody had even heard of before, who was our top summer transfer target.

It's not really rocket science why we lose more than we win but clearly in your head everything is Parkinson's fault.

Everything!

Not sure about the last bit but otherwise agree. You only have to look at the player budget/transfer window/financial situation to see that any manager of BWFC will have to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear to keep us up. And that would be an achievement.

7 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:57

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Because he's the best we've had since Allardyce and we aren't going to be getting anyone better for the foreseeable future having to rely on free transfers and bargain basement players to make a team with.

Everything!

Parky picks the team and sends them out with his plan but its far too negative and he has no idea on how to change it. Couple that with constantly changing the formation and players, those are all his responsibility to manage and he's not doing a great job. 
Yes he deserves some credit for promotion and keeping us up but the football is terrible and we've won 1 game in 10. His time is nearly up i reckon.

8 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:59

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Everything!

I've read some shit on here recently, but fuck me that response is mental, Parkinson best manager since Allardyce, fuck off, Coyle was better than this boring prick, Freedman had a better win ratio, Lennon was hamstrung by Gartside and Davies, so get your fucking facts right, I bet you and TROY have the same IP address.

9 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 00:07

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Even WW who historically are pro manager are asking the question so I take their comments over a dinosaur who's not seen a live game since Jesus was a lad.

10 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 00:37

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Everything!

I've read some shit on here recently, but fuck me that response is mental, Parkinson best manager since Allardyce, fuck off, Coyle was better than this boring prick, Freedman had a better win ratio, Lennon was hamstrung by Gartside and Davies, so get your fucking facts right, I bet you and TROY have the same IP address.

Why is Lennon excused by off field matters out of interest? Seriously what has Parky done to you? Whenever we lose so you come on here and post 10 times more than normal about how he needs to leave. It’s worrying for a man of your age.

11 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 08:32

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We have the team and players to be doing better than we are in my opinion.  If thats the case (similar to whats going on at united) the fault lies with selection/game plan/tactics and/or motivation/fitness/willingness.

All those things are done or improved by one person.  Unfortunately that person is the manager.  He has done very well for us in getting us up and keeping us up.  But if we stick with him that is the best we can hope for yet again.

12 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 08:36

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We have the team and players to be doing better than we are in my opinion.  If thats the case (similar to whats going on at united) the fault lies with selection/game plan/tactics and/or motivation/fitness/willingness.

All those things are done or improved by one person.  Unfortunately that person is the manager.  He has done very well for us in getting us up and keeping us up.  But if we stick with him that is the best we can hope for yet again.
Agreed. At this point I'd rather stick someone like Diddy David in there until we can find someone to take over. I know I know. We'd have to pay compo, we'd struggle to find anyone to do any better, would anyone even dare take the job etc etc, but we've hit an impasse I'd say. Do or die.

13 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.

Easy to be happy when you haven't shelled out hard earned cash, battled traffic, and battled the cold just to watch that utter shite.

14 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:42

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.

Easy to be happy when you haven't shelled out hard earned cash, battled traffic, and battled the cold just to watch that utter shite.
I believe "utter shite" would be a step up!

15 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:43

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I was trying to be kind.

16 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 10:37

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The clock is ticking for Parky and under normal circumstances he'd be under far more pressure than he is now, but these aren't normal circumstances because Anderson is under the cosh and the last thing he'd want is another bill for paying Parky off and bringing in someone else. A new owner would still be the best outcome IMO - both on and off the pitch.

17 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 10:43

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
This is what I dont get. In a "normal" job,  if you are shit. You get sacked. No pay off.  That's it. This shouldn't be any different

18 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 14:08

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.

Fair, I don’t have a season ticket and doubt I ever will. If I was spending money watching turgid football that would be more of a factor for me.

However from an entirely pragmatic standpoint. Parky has got results while playing awful football and amid turmoil off the pitch - hence he’s got away with it.

I think Ken will struggle to get rid, one because he won’t want to pay out and two because there aren’t many managers out there, out of work, who would take us on.

As I said though, lose to Hull and the atmosphere might be too much for Ken to ignore.

19 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 14:53

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:because there aren’t many managers out there, out of work, who would take us on.

I reckon there would be a raft of out of work managers wanting the job. There really is little downside to taking any football management job. Do well and you're a hero, fail and you get potted with a big cheque in your back pocket.

20 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 15:24

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Think Parkinson is clueless and has no idea how to turn things around. Keep chopping and changing the team isn't helping. That corner we had when everyone started 25 yards out and ran into the box was embarrassing (not to mention the fact he just copied it from Rotherham on Saturday).

21 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 17:34

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:because there aren’t many managers out there, out of work, who would take us on.

I reckon there would be a raft of out of work managers wanting the job. There really is little downside to taking any football management job. Do well and you're a hero, fail and you get potted with a big cheque in your back pocket.

Remember the list of candidates before Parky got it? Cotterill, Brown and Reid were all muted - awful. Maybe we’d find someone decent but it wouldn’t be easy.

22 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 17:38

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Stevey Bruce

23 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 17:38

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I didn't say the list would be good, but it would be long.

Perhaps Martin will get his dream duo - The Cowley Brothers.

24 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Thu Oct 25 2018, 17:56

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Having nightmares about Mick McCarthy me. 

Ipswich just sacked Hurst anyway, he’d have been hot property at the start of the season for clubs like ours, awful job at Ipswich though.

Wonder what’s a more attractive job us or Ipswich.

25 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Fri Oct 26 2018, 19:35

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bolton boss Phil Parkinson has accepted criticism of his team's recent form, but believes he has done a 'remarkable' job during his time at the club.
Parkinson, now in his third season in charge of Wanderers, was appointed manager in June 2016 - three months after the departure of Neil Lennon - but has come under pressure from supporters in recent weeks after a run which has seen the Trotters register just one win in 10 games.
Whilst acknowledging results haven't been good enough throughout September and October, Parkinson remains hopeful things will soon turn around.
"You always come under pressure when you've lost games, and I've managed 720 games," Parkinson told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
"I'm used to that and I'm ready for the next challenge - it's at the weekend. But equally, the chairman has done a very good job, realigning the finances of the club.
"Myself and the staff have done an incredible job saving this club from dropping further down the leagues, retaining our status last year when, in reality, we should have been rock bottom, washed away in the division.
"You've going to get criticised. Every team which gets beat - social media, I would imagine there is all kinds of criticism about the manager and the owner.
"It is part and parcel of the game but if I take a step back - which I do when I'm driving home to my village and walk my dog - I think myself and my staff have done a remarkable job at this football club with what we've had to deal with.
"And Ken (Anderson) has done tremendously well to sort out the finances as well.
"We're probably all getting stick, and there's a lot of passion and tension in the air as well when you lose games of football, but let me tell you I can hold my head up very, very high at this football club."

How deluded does this article make the man? sounds like a man on the verge to me, anyway we'll see where he stands after tomorrow..

26 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Fri Oct 26 2018, 19:42

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Martin, he’s bang on you fool.

Clearly he also recognises that maybe he has taken the club as far as he can.

27 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Sat Oct 27 2018, 13:30

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Assuming for one moment that Phil HAS taken the club as far as he can and does go I'd have to say he should NOT consider that a failure of any kind. Under the circumstances I believe he's actually done pretty well. Given how little resources he's had I believe getting us back into the Championship at the first attempt and keeping us there is a real achievement that he can be justifiably proud of. Has the football been entertaining? No but to date it's been fairly effective in doing what he was asked to do. It may well be time for a change but to denigrate Phil for what he's done to date is unfair imo. We all knew what we were getting when he was hired. Phil Parkinson is the Ronseal of football managers, he does exactly what it says on the tin, nothing more and thankfully nothing less. If he goes tomorrow he'll still leave this club better than he found it and I think that's all you can ask of any manager.

28 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Sun Oct 28 2018, 12:25

doffcocker

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Parkinson is a considerably better manager than McCarthy.

What he's achieved with us alone is bigger than anything McCarthy has achieved at any of his clubs, yet people are so dim, he's just the kind of name a lot of fans would jump at simply because he's not Parky, and because "he knows this league" and a load more bullshit cliche's like that.

Even if there was somebody out there with better credentials than PP who would be interested in the job, surely everyone can see the likelihood that we'll ultimately be in the same predicament a year or two (maybe even months) down the line, because they won't get anywhere near the required level of investment either.

The club's basically doomed if this is the extent of the fans patience.

29 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Sun Oct 28 2018, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parkinson is a considerably better manager than McCarthy.

What he's achieved with us alone is bigger than anything McCarthy has achieved at any of his clubs, yet people are so dim, he's just the kind of name a lot of fans would jump at simply because he's not Parky, and because "he knows this league" and a load more bullshit cliche's like that.

Even if there was somebody out there with better credentials than PP who would be interested in the job, surely everyone can see the likelihood that we'll ultimately be in the same predicament a year or two (maybe even months) down the line, because they won't get anywhere near the required level of investment either.

I agree about McCarthy, but you have no idea whether the next manager can do more than Parkinson. Judging on the last 6 weeks, I'd say it would be pretty difficult to do any worse.

30 Re: Happy clappers tell me why? on Sun Oct 28 2018, 14:31

doffcocker

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parkinson is a considerably better manager than McCarthy.

I agree about McCarthy, but you have no idea whether the next manager can do more than Parkinson. Judging on the last 6 weeks, I'd say it would be pretty difficult to do any worse.

I have no idea if you'd pull tonight on Canal Street, but I can have a strong opinion on the unlikelihood.

The thing is you've said exactly the same thing about every manager since Allardyce.

At what point would you admit that as crap as things are, nothing's gonna get significantly better in the long run by sacking the manager?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum