Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Hull City

+14
BoltonTillIDie
ron3250
gloswhite
bryan458
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
observer
Bwfc1958
Growler
karlypants
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

32Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He won't be smiling for long if he comes to the UBOL.

33Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:44

ron3250

David Ngog
David Ngog

[size=32]Danny Cowley[/size]

34Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ron3250 wrote:[size=32]Danny Cowley[/size]

Welcome to Nuts Ron!

35Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The way he was rushing to get the ball back in play near the end makes me think he had to not lose this game to avoid the sack.

36Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly though, I’d love Mick McCarthy. And I’ve always hated the bastard

37Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 17:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Ron, welcome to the madhouse  Very Happy

Just looked at your link, (sort of) and I see that Danny Cowley comes as a package, with his brother Nick, and that they have extended their contract with Lincoln to the end of 2022. You can guarantee that if he costs more than half-a-crown, then we can't afford him.

38Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 18:04

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd pick Nat to run the team until the end of the season.  Just give us a starting eleven please.  Is Sammy Ameobi the catalyst we need to get back on track? Horrible game to view today... we made NF and Hull look like Real Madrid and Barca!

39Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 18:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:I'd pick Nat to run the team until the end of the season.

She would put 11 of her cocks out. Shocked

40Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 18:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dreadful. We were playing bottom of the league who were on a shit run. We looked scared.

The team selection was that of a manager at the end of his reign. He might make it to Friday but unless there's a miracle at Villa Park I think Ken has to get shut.

41Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 18:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he's gone too.

42Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 18:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Hull City

Bolton Wanderers fell to a 1-0 defeat against Hull City in the Sky Bet Championship at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Team News

Manager Phil Parkinson made seven changes to the line-up that started at Nottingham Forest.

Mark Beevers, Pawel Olkowski and Marc Wilson came in for David Wheater, Mark Little and Andrew Taylor.

As well as this, a suspended Jason Lowe was replaced by Erhun Oztumer, with Christian Doidge, Lloyd Dyer and Clayton Donaldson coming in for Josh Magennis, Yanic Wildschut and Craig Noone.

First Half

Seven minutes in and Hull City took the lead, as a Kamil Grosicki low cross into the area was left by Jarrod Bowen for Fraizer Campbell to slot underneath Ben Alnwick.

Bolton nearly responded perfectly on the ten minute mark, with Christian Doidge played through on goal, before a Tommy Elphick diving block prevented his effort from reaching the target.

Hull went up the other end in a flash, with Campbell again having a sight on goal and producing an effort from 20 yards that petered wide.

Joe Williams beat Tigers captain Markus Henriksen to the ball shortly after, smashing a shot just wide of the far post with keeper David Marshall beaten.

A one-two between Oztumer and Doidge set up a chance from the edge of the area for the Turkish man, but his strike wasn’t the cleanest as it flew wide of the mark.

A fantastic chance followed for the Wanderers with 25 minutes, with a counter attacking starting after a Christian Doidge knockdown sent Oztumer away.

The midfielder ran through the middle of the pitch before setting away Donaldson one-on-one, but the Jamaican’s effort was inches away from the equaliser.

A Hull City breakaway just after the half hour put Wanderers under pressure, but the resulting Grosicki curled effort was far away from Alnwick’s goal.

Oztumer began to run the show, with a quick change of pace following a Josh Vela pass saw a right footed shot open up but sail wide.

Another chance came for the Whites, with Doidge running with menace at the Tigers backline, slotting in Donaldson but his strike only found the side netting.

An Oztumer free-kick three minutes from the break found Marc Wilson’s head, but the towering centre-half couldn’t direct it towards Marshall’s net.

Second Half

Wanderers started in the ascendancy, as Donaldson nipped past his man and put a fierce delivery into the area to find Vela.

The midfielder followed up with a strong strike of his own but Marshall was equal to it in the Tigers net.

Oztumer was at it again ten minutes after the restart, as he left Daniel Batty with an innovative piece of skill, but his effort from 20 yards was straight at Marshall.

The Tigers went straight up the other end, with a cross into an unmarked Grosicki leaving just Alnwick to beat.

However, the Polish international hit his effort straight at the Wanderers goalkeeper, who grasped it to his chest.

Oztumer came close yet again just after the hour mark, as he won the ball in dangerous territory before unleashing another curling effort on goal which was agonizingly close to the back of the net.

A wonderful flowing move between Williams and Oztumer saw the latter play in Olkowski on the right flank.

The Polish international cut infield, before producing an effort at goal which Marshall saved comfortably.

With five minutes of regular time to go, second half substitute Josh Magennis found room down the left side of the Hull box, before smashing the ball across goal to sting the hands of Hull's David Marshall.

Mark Beevers went close with a header from an Oztumer cross, but his looping effort on goal wasn't enough to test the Tigers defence.

The Whites through everything at Nigel Adkins' side with the clock running down, but Hull stood strong as they played it out until full-time.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick (C), Beevers, Vela, Oztumer, Donaldson, Doidge, Hobbs, Olkowski (Magennis 80), Wilson, Williams, Dyer (Buckley 67).

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Little, Taylor, Murphy, Wheater.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

43Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 19:12

Bad result, and tough to see a way back for Parky. We’re badly missing width at the moment, didn’t think Oklowski or Dyer did enough. We need players to run beyond the ball, Oz has the ability to pick them out as we saw a few times today. Dropping Lowe was a mistake IMO, Williams and Vela too similar and Hull broke through our lines far too easily in the first half, needed a presence there.

Impressed by Doidge, worked hard and won a lot in the air. Only got one chance - which he should have scored.

Other than that a miserable day, whoever’s manager must keep Doidge and Oz in the team, and find a way to supply them.

44Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 19:31

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Honestly though, I’d love Mick McCarthy. And I’ve always hated the bastard
I don't think Ken would offer  enough money for that stature of manager to come here

45Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 19:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If the Hobbit Ozumer could shoot we'd have at least drawn if not won that game. Hull were really poor but we played well in patches. There was enough there to convnce KA to let Parkinson have a few more games.
He'll be with us for a while yet.

46Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 19:51

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If the Hobbit Ozumer could shoot we'd have at least drawn if not won that game. Hull were really poor but we played well in patches. There was enough there to convnce KA to let Parkinson have a few more games.
He'll be with us for a while yet.

47Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 19:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Apologies for posting twice. I'm an accountant and was always told to use double entry

48Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 20:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I'm an accountant and was always told to use double entry

Shocked Shocked Shocked

49Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 20:20

Growler wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Honestly though, I’d love Mick McCarthy. And I’ve always hated the bastard
I don't think Ken would offer  enough money for that stature of manager to come here

Mick McCarthy? If you think Parky’s one dimensional wait till you see what Mick churns out.

50Bolton 0-1 Hull City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Hull City Sat Oct 27 2018, 21:04

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

McCarthy is pure poison in the dressing room and even worse with fans. I wouldn't have him if he paid us to let him do the job. Assuming Ken does decide to pull the trigger then I suspect we'll have to get someone who's currently out of work and doesn't want a huge wedge for either signing on or as a wage. Someone, sorry I can't remember who suggested Mark Warburton on Portal today. I don't know much about the guy so I can't say whether or not that's a good call. I decided to go with the madcap suggestion of Ian Holloway (blame it on the meds Smile ) but in truth we desperately need someone who will energise and motivate the players. The sad fact is we know they're capable of better than this because they showed it in the first few games but then it seems all enthusiasm and ability somehow drained away. When that happens it can only be laid at the manager's door. Phil's done well for us in what he achieved over the last two seasons but I believe his time is now up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum