You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Back into the relegation battle!

Back into the relegation battle!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 17:33

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Great start... horrible 12 matches... Parky seems to be going in streaks... like last season!  Never have a starting eleven (criminal to me)... and this time it might just bite us in the ass!

2 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:10

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I agree, it's looking grim.

I don't know where our next points are coming from.

We can't defend and we haven't got one striker who strikes.

3 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:46

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
We've got massive problems at the moment, the lack of quality up front has become increasingly apparent. Personally I think Donaldson needs a partner to be at his most effective, same for Doidge. Our wingers are the weakest link for me, too inconsistent - but the lack of options is scary.

4 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:47

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Played correctly this squad is more than capable of a mid table finish, two up front is a must, one holding midfielder and go 5-3-2 forget the wingers they aren't good enough apart from maybe Ameobi, stick to a system and same team barring injuries and get some momentum going, unfortunately Parkinson is not the man to carry out this plan with his constant system and team changes, it's November FFS and he still doesn't know his best system/team.

5 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 18:53

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Played correctly this squad is more than capable of a mid table finish, two up front is a must, one holding midfielder and go 5-3-2 forget the wingers they aren't good enough apart from maybe Ameobi, stick to a system and same team barring injuries and get some momentum going, unfortunately Parkinson is not the man to carry out this plan with his constant system and team changes, it's November FFS and he still doesn't know his best system/team.

Lowe's the only holding midfielder in the squad so not much choice on that, glad to see we're on the same wavelength overall - although 532 has never really convinced for us IMO.

What makes you think this is a midtable squad? We don't have a single players who's played consistently for a midtable side over the past 3/4 years that I can think of?

We're relegation fodder in every way, but we must stay up. Parky's got his work cut out.

6 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:02

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
In a team of weak links, the wingers are the weakest.

I've said it before, I'd play Little on the right wing - fuck knows who should be on the left though.

7 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:16

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In a team of weak links, the wingers are the weakest.

I've said it before, I'd play Little on the right wing - fuck knows who should be on the left though.

Agree with you, think he's probably a better wing back than Oklowski so possibly a 352 could work, as you say the left remains an issue though. Dyer not looking up to it - not a massive surprise given his age.

8 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:21

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Lets see how they go on with Ameobi back although it'll take a few games to get him back up to speed. He might be able to do something useful alongside Magennis or Donaldson.
A fit Ireland also might be able to contribute something to make them a better set of strikers.
I'm not giving up hope yet but on the evidence so far most (not all) of Parky's summer signing have proved to be dross.
 I see Evans and Danns, not good enough for us, are scoring for their new teams

9 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't see Ameobi as the answer. Yes, great threat on his day, but his day comes around once a month at best. Plus he's always going to have long periods out injured.

Ireland hasn't played for about 200 years so he's probably going to be shit.

The only thing that can stop the rot is a change of manager, in the (slim) hope he can get these players motivated for the job ahead. We can stay up, but something has to change soon because the teams below us all look better than us right now.

10 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:00

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He’s going to need a result fast that’s for sure, he did well in the summer with no budget. Hobbs, Olkowski, Lowe, Oz and Magennis look like decent additions compared to what we let go. Unfortunately, we’ve never replaced Madines goals. So either Ken needs to back Parky and get a striker in January, or let him go.

11 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:06

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Surely he's already backed him by getting Doidge?

12 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:10

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In a team of weak links, the wingers are the weakest.

I've said it before, I'd play Little on the right wing - fuck knows who should be on the left though.
How many quid did we pay for "Fuck knows?" and what jersey # does he wear?  Must have missed him on the team sheet!

13 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:11

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't see Ameobi as the answer. Yes, great threat on his day, but his day comes around once a month at best. Plus he's always going to have long periods out injured.

Ireland hasn't played for about 200 years so he's probably going to be shit.

The only thing that can stop the rot is a change of manager, in the (slim) hope he can get these players motivated for the job ahead. We can stay up, but something has to change soon because the teams below us all look better than us right now.
Afraid to disagree with you but those teams will not be below us for much longer!!!!!!!!

14 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 03 2018, 20:16

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Surely he's already backed him by getting Doidge?

Possibly, I’m more saying in the event Doidge doesn’t start scoring (I think he will to be honest, I like the look of him) and results don’t pick up by January, Anderson’s either got to invest in transfers to keep us up or sack Parky and hope another manager gets us going.

15 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sun Nov 04 2018, 15:06

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Parky is giving Doidge so little playing time that we are not getting a true picture of how good he is.

My fear is the he will be banging the goals in next season in League 1.

16 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sun Nov 04 2018, 15:10

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parky is giving Doidge so little playing time that we are not getting a true picture of how good he is.

My fear is the he will be banging the goals in next season in League 1.
For us?

17 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sun Nov 04 2018, 15:21

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Parky is giving Doidge so little playing time that we are not getting a true picture of how good he is.

My fear is the he will be banging the goals in next season in League 1.
For us?
Yes, for us.

Unless KA somehow manages to pull out of the completion of his purchase, to save money.

Don't know if that is even possible?

Does anyone know how much cash has actually been paid at this point?

18 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 07:01

Leeds_Trotter

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I'm not sure Parky knows who his best starting 11 are. You can tell he's getting desperate as his formation and starting 11 changes from game to game.

19 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 08:49

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He doesn't have a clue what his best 11 are or what formation they should play and it's laughable now, How can a team be a team when he makes at least 5 changes every game?

None of the wingers we have have performed over recent weeks so stick with a 352, at least we get 2 upfront!

20 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 08:51

Growler


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Parky doesn't know the most suitable system for his squad of players let alone which ones make his best team.At a football club with normal aspirations for the football team he would have been sacked over a year ago.But we're just existing as a football club at the moment for the owner to make a nice income out of our meagre revenue until he sells the club on

21 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 10:08

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Parky’s spoken quite openly about his policy to rotate - hence the changes. Personally I’d prefer to see a settler backline with the only changes being made in the attacking midfield positions depending on form/opposition.

Surprising to see so many calling for 352 on here, Parky largely gets criticised when he plays that.

If we’re honest I think it’s pretty obvious that tweaks to the system aren’t going to make much difference to results, it’s an overarching lack of quality that’s our problem.

22 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 12:28

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
If results go against us this weekend we will be in the bottom three. I can't wait for Ken's comments on that.

The only fix that can be done is too be sold to the mysterious investors. And it might be too late even with that IMO. Of course a switch of manager might give us a survival boost in the short term.

23 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:07

Growler


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If results go against us this weekend we will be in the bottom three. I can't wait for Ken's comments on that.
It was a very committed display despite losing to a recent Premier League club with a  far bigger budget than us, and the attendance was very disappointing given the excellent £10 ticket offer.

24 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:19

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Psychic Growler  Very Happy

25 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 21:01

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If results go against us this weekend we will be in the bottom three. I can't wait for Ken's comments on that.
It was a very committed display despite losing to a recent Premier League club with a  far bigger budget than us, and the attendance was very disappointing given the excellent £10 ticket offer.
I am not commenting on our commitment. Just stating a fact that we can easily be in the bottom three by next Saturday evening committed or not.

26 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 21:08

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Laughing You are a bit dense Terrence.

27 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Tue Nov 06 2018, 20:07

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Laughing You are a bit dense Terrence.
I beg to differ......I am a BWFC fan...therefore must be a thick as pig shit.

28 Re: Back into the relegation battle! on Sat Nov 10 2018, 16:59

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Down into 23rd place... feels like home.  When will we score again (not even in a brothel I'm afraid)?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum