You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » My bank account has been compromised!

My bank account has been compromised!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:17

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just had the shock of my life, i was checking my online account and came across a load of pending payments to Just Eat and Tesco in other parts of the country.
I rang my bank and got it sorted hopefully but i'm still in shock, the amount spent was around £340!

The chap i spoke to said it was probably linked to a ticketmaster data breach a while ago that i wasn't aware of or forgot about. He also advised me not to store any of my card details on online sites which i have been guilty of in the past and certainly won't be doing from now on.
I will be using paypal as much as possible in the future.

Anyone else been caught out like this? It made me feel sick when i noticed something was wrong.

2 Re: My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:28

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The only time it happened to me was when I noticed some payments to Vodafone, a company I didn't use. I got in touch with my bank, who informed me that my card had probably been compromised, and they'd send me a new one.
The amount was only £60, but it was a shock to the system.

3 Re: My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:i was checking my online account and came across a load of pending payments to Just Eat

You fat bastard. Just accept you have a problem.

4 Re: My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:59

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I had a credit card hacked once. Pretty certain I know where it happened too - the waiter said there was a problem with the card machine and my card was out of my sight when he processed the payment. I only found out about it because the credit card company called me to query a couple of unusual transactions. Fortunately they blocked these and sent me a new card.

5 Re: My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 16:00

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is serious Nat, i almost had a heart attack! I'm still not over the shock.

6 Re: My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 16:03

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Mine sounds like my details have been sold on to someone if it was linked to a Ticketmaster breach.

The odd thing was my bank sent me a new card last week and the chap i spoke to said they had sent out new cards to lots of customers because of this threat but they never actually mentioned it to me when the new card arrived.

7 Re: My bank account has been compromised! on Mon Nov 05 2018, 16:19

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Mine sounds like my details have been sold on to someone if it was linked to a Ticketmaster breach.

That's turned out to be an expensive Little Mix concert.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum