Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Swansea

+17
Dunkels King
NickFazer
terenceanne
bryan458
wessy
wanderlust
gloswhite
observer
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 16:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

You're not seriously comparing Parkinson to McCarthy or Pulis are you? I have seen no defensive organisation, nor have I seen any type of organisation, and to say that what we need is another Parkinson type well that's just laughable, tell me this, how many Championship clubs will be clamouring for Parkinson's leadership?

I don't think Pulis or McCarthy have ever had to build a team under a transfer embargo. They certainly haven't done so while achieving promotion, then Championship survival.

The trouble is that unless/until the club sack Parky, we'll never know exactly how correct you are in terms of how much we actually need him.

We could stick with him all season, get relegated and you could say "I told you so!", but who'd know what would have happened had we gambled and brought a more attacking manager in. Knowing your record Martin, you'd be up his arse for a few weeks before telling us he's systematically destroying us.

62Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 16:25

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:

We could stick with him all season, get relegated and you could say "I told you so!", but who'd know what would have happened had we gambled and brought a more attacking manager in. Knowing your record Martin, you'd be up his arse for a few weeks before telling us he's systematically destroying us.

I'd back any manager that comes in and gives us some semblance of balance, organisation, and plays in form players in their correct position, what I have seen from Parkinson in two and a half years is make it up as you goes along, it was clear even in league 1 that he wasn't cut out to manage a reasonably big team, gutless performances against the likes of Chesterfield, Rochdale and Bristol Rovers showed him for what he is, and that's an average lower league manager.

63Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 16:56

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:Our new signings looked a step up from the players we discarded, there seemed to be a plan, everyone knew their role and carried it out confidently. What has happened since?

5 changes every week happened.
The reward for scoring was to sit for the next game.

64Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 17:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

observer wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:Our new signings looked a step up from the players we discarded, there seemed to be a plan, everyone knew their role and carried it out confidently. What has happened since?

5 changes every week happened.
The reward for scoring was to sit for the next game.
True, but the one newcomer that I had doubts about after the Reading game was the scorer, Wildschut. Apart from the goal, he did nothing much and often chose the wrong option, passed to no one,  or stumbled over the ball. First impressions turned out to be true.

65Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

Are you pissed? Are you suggesting Parky is some sort of defensive master?

You really need to think before you post.

66Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

Very Happy

67Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:24

Parky organising the defence is what got us promoted, we conceded the least goals that season in the entire league. The success certainly wasn’t down to attacking flair.

68Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Parky organising the defence is what got us promoted, we conceded the least goals that season in the entire league. The success certainly wasn’t down to attacking flair.

That was in League 1.

We're now in the Championship.

We are a defensive team that can't defend. Even you can't disagree with that.

69Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Parky organising the defence is what got us promoted, we conceded the least goals that season in the entire league. The success certainly wasn’t down to attacking flair.

That was in League 1.

And as already stated Parkinson is an average lower league manager.

70Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:50

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That was in League 1.

A defensive team that can't defend combined with an offense that can't score.  Pretty sad combination.

71Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:53

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That was in League 1.

Ye we’re conceding in every game and not scoring so yes I agree with that. He’s lost his way, swapping defensive players every game is a bad move IMO. Our success in league 1 was built on a consistent back 5.

72Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 18:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What Parky has achieved at Wanderers is bigger than anything Pulis or McCarthy has ever done, and these are both names that several posters have said they'd gladly have at Bolton.

Sure there's major problems with our defence but guess what, good defenders cost money.

73Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:What Parky has achieved at Wanderers is bigger than anything Pulis or McCarthy has ever done, and these are both names that several posters have said they'd gladly have at Bolton.

Sure there's major problems with our defence but guess what, good defenders cost money.

Who on earth is suggesting Pulis would leave Middlesbrough for us? I think you made that up.

But you carry on happy clapping, may I suggest you fire off a friend request to Alan Houghton.

We've just set a record for the most consecutive home defeats without scoring. How bad does it have to get before you accept Parky is out of his depth? If we haven't scored by Christmas will the clapping have slowed?

74Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:05

Do you excuse him at all for the situation he’s working under though? Is he hamstrung by the perennial lack of investment? Have the off field goings on unsettled the players?

75Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Who on earth is suggesting Pulis would leave Middlesbrough for us?

Nobody, you fucking stupid fat bitch.

The point is that all the Parky haters on here would probably see Pulis and a number of others as a step up.

But none of those have had to build a team in this league under the constraints Parkinson has.

The football is up there with the worst I've seen as a Bolton fan, sure, but to attribute that all to Parky is just senseless.

76Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Do you excuse him at all for the situation he’s working under though? Is he hamstrung by the perennial lack of investment? Have the off field goings on unsettled the players?

It's a difficult job, no doubt about that. But most football jobs are.

But no, I don't excuse him. He's a football manager paid good money to get results. He isn't getting them.

His record in the transfer market is pitiful, how many players has he signed that have played to a consistently decent level? How many are worth more now than when they signed?

He released Morais, Henry and Le Fondre and none of the replacements have been any better.

He's signed Doidge for hard cash and hardly played him. Surely if you're going to spend money on a player for only the second time in 3 years you're going to sign one who is the first name on the teamsheet?

77Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Nobody, you fucking stupid fat bitch.

How dare you. I'm not fat.

doffcocker wrote:The football is up there with the worst I've seen as a Bolton fan, sure, but to attribute that all to Parky is just senseless.

No, I also attribute it to the players he signed.

78Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
Nobody, you fucking stupid fat bitch.

Harsh and more than a little bit childish.

79Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Nobody, you fucking stupid fat bitch.

How dare you. I'm not fat.

Just big boned? Very Happy

80Bolton 0-1 Swansea - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea Sun Nov 11 2018, 19:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You fuckers, my body is a fucking temple. People stop what they are doing when I walk by.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum