Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We deserve bankruptcy

+2
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1We deserve bankruptcy  Empty We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fucking barmy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I cringed when I read this part: -

Sunderland had been willing to offer Davies
an 18-month deal, but Bolton are happy to offer a deal of similar length
to their veteran striker.

I can only imagine we want to keep him on as a coach once he retires so we are offering him this deal to keep him happy.

3We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"And we should give him a new contract as well he has served us well and lives and breathes Bolton a future manager for the club in my mind and training in this field should also be forthcoming. SKD = BWFC"

What planet are some folk living on? Do they seriously think we're in a position to be handing out sentimental contracts?

4We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 13:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This is more evidence of Coyle's faulty judgement. Davies's form is so bad that even OC drops him but instead of selling him and using the money to finance another purchase we offer him an 18 month contract?!! WTF for?

Coyle out!

5We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 14:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spot on, xmiles.

Too often with Owen Coyle, I find myself asking the question, "Why? Just why?"

6We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I heard it was likely to be on a reduced salary which would make some sense. If it's true he was on £40k a week that's >£2 million a year - cut his salary to £20k a week he'll have to get by on a mill a year so in a twisted kind of way we'd have saved £1million (the bulk of the transfer fee) kept the player and at the same time not allowed a competitor to have an asset.

Genius?

Perhaps.

7We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 16:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I heard it was likely to be on a reduced salary which would make some sense. If it's true he was on £40k a week that's >£2 million a year - cut his salary to £20k a week he'll have to get by on a mill a year so in a twisted kind of way we'd have saved £1million (the bulk of the transfer fee) kept the player and at the same time not allowed a competitor to have an asset.

Genius?

Perhaps.

If the figures you mention are accurate then the net gain of selling him was £2m (£1m sale fee + £1m reaminder of contract). I see it more as allowing a competitor to have a liability than an asset personally.

Sunderland's offer was blind stupid (it's Martin O'Neill afterall), all things considered and we're not likely to see anything like it again.

8We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 16:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm with doffcocker. I don't see Sunderland as a rival this season as they will finish above us anyway and next season Davies will be even less use than he is now. We should have taken the money when we had the chance.

9We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davies never ever struck me as Captain material so HTF can he be seen as management material ?

10We deserve bankruptcy  Empty Re: We deserve bankruptcy Tue Jan 31 2012, 22:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Behind every good man is a good woman RT!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum