Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chemical Valley... Bolton.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 20:38

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

2Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You have to give it to the Victorians, they knew how to build things.

3Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are jobs and there are jobs!

4Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Would this be classed as a shit job i wonder

5Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen that forum before, and it is very interesting seeing it.

but i wouldn't want to be the person getting stuck in a storm drain.

6Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Imagine doing that job for a living. Waking up every morning and knowing all you have got to look forward to is shovelling shit. These youngsters today don't know that they are born. Sat behind a keyboard tapping keys and shuffling paper clips.

7Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think I'd make sure I wore waders rather than wellies.

8Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People walk around them abandoned hospitals as well don't they, and find blood stains and all sorts of stuff.

affraid

9Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:44

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's it, they climb tall buildings, go into empty and disused buildings ,new builds , under ground, over ground and take photos.

There's some more Bolton stuff on there, The inside of the old Odeon, Darcy Lever Bridge and some of the Croal near the Market Place.

10Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 11:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very interesting stuff. Built in the 1800's and still as solid today. Our forefathers were exceptional builders that's for sure.

11Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My uncle was the manager of the Odeon, and its because of him I support the Wanderers. He was given complimentary tickts to a night game, and he, my dad and me went to it. It was the 62-63 season, and the first game I ever went to. We arrived at the top of the stairs, next to the bar selling pies, and stepped out just as the team came out. Remember like it was yesterday, floodlights , smells, Burnden roar, and looking down on the team as they all ran out. I know we won, and I know it was West Ham we beat (some things never change), but I'm not sure, of the score. Never looked it up but I think it was either 2-0 or 3-0 . Still remember it almost 50 years later. (were we relegated that year?

12Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glos, You could be correct. We were in the 1st Division from 1935 to 1964 and we were in the 2nd Division from 1964 to 1971.

I remember the Odeon opposite the fish market, earliest films I can remember were Up Pompeii, Star Wars and Rocky.

13Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

23rd March, 1963 - goals from Russell W, Butler D (both who I don't remember) and Franny Lee (who I must certainly do!). Attendance 19,177.

We were relegated at the end of the following season 1963/64

14Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chemical Valley... Bolton. BB87_03583

15Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slightly off topic but the open market is now total shoite. Apart from the fishmongers stalls it's bloody crap.

When they destroyed the indoor market hall they ruined the town centre for me.

Just a quick one! Anyone remember Pips nightclub round the back of the Odeon ? Across the road was the Griffen and Sids Butchers.

16Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Certainly do.

Was the Va Va prior to becoming Pips.

Chemical Valley... Bolton. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0ueuPH2ud-KDVKTolsiAZRgA41lGu1lBszBzr6n4BaF_RILRZ

17Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now I don't remember it as the Va Va. Banks of the Croal will! Laughing

As a teenager we used to start off in the Painters Arms, then the Wheatsheaf and then into Pips.

We used to alternate between Pips and Scamps on Bradshawgate. We always ended the night in an Indian Restaurant which was upstairs and just round the corner from Prestons of Bolton.

18Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Similar itinerary to me back in the day - except started off in the Trotters, then over the road to the Clarence and then possibly the Alma, then Anchor

Used the same Indian restaurant too! (or sometimes got a takeaway from Abdul's (iirc?) on St George’s Road on my walk home in the evening.

Don't forget to add Maxwell's Plum to the list of night-clubs too!

19Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:53

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Now I don't remember it as the Va Va. Banks of the Croal will! Laughing

As a teenager we used to start off in the Painters Arms, then the Wheatsheaf and then into Pips.

We used to alternate between Pips and Scamps on Bradshawgate. We always ended the night in an Indian Restaurant which was upstairs and just round the corner from Prestons of Bolton.

Never went in Pips or Va Va.Went in Scamps, Palais, Also The Blue Lagoon only a couple of times tho, bit frightening, in there, also Aspin near the police station.

20Chemical Valley... Bolton. Empty Re: Chemical Valley... Bolton. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone remember the Aquarius club ? The Houghton Weavers and Bernard Manning performed there. In modern terms it was a bit like Phoenix Nights.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum