Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bermuda Triangle.

+3
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Bermuda Triangle. Empty The Bermuda Triangle. Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anybody watch the docu on Channel 5 tonight ? Fascinating stuff! Flight 19 never went down over the triangle!

Apparently, the Okefenokee swamp was their final resting place.

The survivor of the light plane that flew through the space time continuum in 1970 still has the scientists baffled!

When you eliminate all the possibilities then you are left with the conclusion that time travel is possible. Contrary to Einsteins theory it is now proven that it is possible to travel faster than the speed of light. ( I have witnessed it first hand with the dossers outside the local post office waiting to cash their giro.)

2The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Thu Feb 09 2012, 23:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have been out tonight, do channel 5 have a catch up channel RT?

Would be interested to watch that, always been fasinated with the Triangle.

3The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Thu Feb 09 2012, 23:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This is the link to Channel 5 On Demand - but I couldn't see the programme being listed yet?

http://www.channel5.com/demand5

4The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 01:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Contrary to Einsteins theory it is now proven that it is possible to travel faster than the speed of light.
--

What has happened is that on two occasions the guys at CERN who are working with the Large Hadron Collider have recorded results which suggest to them that they have been able to fire particles faster than the speed of light. They have checked, rechecked and checked their results and method again and have thrown open their evidence to the wider scientific community to see if anyone can work out why their results are 'flawed'. They find it far more likely that their experiments and thus results are flawed than the truth being that the particles have actually travelled faster than the speed of light. To give you an idea they have fired particles thousands of miles across Europe and through Africa and recorded results which suggest the particles have move faster than the speed of light to many decimal places. It's a far cry from Dr Emmett Brown sending his dog one minute into the future in the parking lot of the Twin Pines Mall.

This would be such a significant breakthrough that they are far from accepting that their theoretical results actually prove that particles can move faster than the speed of light.

Even if their results are correct, we would be generations away from attempting actual time travel.

So I have to disagree with you when you say time travel has been proven.

5The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 10:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You really need to watch the documentary to understand what took place. In 1970 a commercial light plane pilot was chartered to fly two American tourists from Bermuda to Miami.

They were in a 4 berth Cessna which had a maximum speed of 190mph. They took off without incident and were picked up on radar throughout their flight.

About 100 miles from Miami the pilot came across a giant magnetic storm. He tried to fly around it but seeing a gap in the clouds he flew into it. He then describes how they appeared to be in some sort of swirling vortex and all his navigational instruments went haywire and he lost radio contact with Miami. At this point his plane disappeared from Miami Airport radar. ( This is apparently quite common when flying through electric storms. )

The pilot describes how his plane seemed to be literally floating inside the vortex for what seemed like an eternity but in reality only lasted for 40 seconds.

When he flew out of the other side he was amazed to discover he was directly over Miami! On landing and reporting events to the CAA it transpired that he had covered the 100 miles in 4 minutes! Furthermore, a check of his fuel tanks showed that he had far more fuel than he should have had left for a journey from Bermuda.

The fact he had two passengers with him who corroborated the event completely baffled the scientists.

Another baffling thing which I noticed was that although the incident took place in 1970 the pilot didn't seem to have aged all that much when he was interviewed for the docu.

It's always best to keep an open mind about these things but there is no scientific explanation for events that took place on that extraordinary flight.

6The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:00

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Theoretically talking it should be possible for something to go faster than light as lightspeed is the only fastest recorded, so far, due to the fact we can record it using fixed objects. The people at CERN have now proven that it is possible, although they have their doubts. Which is a shame as they should be bold and confident to say so.

As regards to time-travel, per se with Doctor Who or other fiction. I would say eventually it "could" be possible. But saying that wouldn't we have been visited by future people by now? Again on the flip side, people who use transatlantic flights do time travel - as proved many times by scientists, using various time peices, including a nuclear time peice, and recorded on film. Going to the States we lose 1 second, whilst returning from the states we gain 1 second - I know its not a lot but it does happen. Australia is actually 1.25 seconds!!

Now wormholes (shortcuts between 2 fixed places in space(distance) - but not time)- not yet proven, but I do believe that they do exist and can randomly appear and disappear - such as Bermuda, I believe that we have some sort of wormhole, which would describe what happened in the documentary.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:05; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : whats with the </p> things I had on screen?)

7The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The vortex that the pilot flew through was like a wormhole. The docu also gives a decent account of what really happened to Flight 19.

8The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 11:25

i once biked home from bolton to radclife. when i arrived home i had lost my underpants and one sock. to this day i have been unable to explain it

9The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 12:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Shame, it still doesn't seem to be on C5 catch up/on demand.

They don't seem to have many programmes on catch up to be honest.

10The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 12:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Check this out:
http://images.4channel.org/f/src/589217_scale_of_universe_enhanced.swf

It's really cool anyway, but when you see the size of the neutrinos that have been fired around the world by the CERN people and that they have recorded results which are ever so slightly above the speed of light, it's easy to see why they themselves are inclined to believe they have made an error.

Whether they have made an error or not we will only know in the fullness of time, but IMO they are right to be cautious.

bwfc71 - you're offering Doctor Who as evidence that time travel is possible? How postmodern.

11The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Fri Feb 10 2012, 18:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sir Nuts Dad, perhaps you were in the wrong gear. You know how unpredictable Sturmey Archer can be Smile

12The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2012/02/breaking-news-error-undoes-faster.html?ref=hp#.T0U_N0pYVRc.twitter

Breaking news - the CERN people appear to have discovered that their results were wrong after all.

13The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Wed Feb 22 2012, 20:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If true, it means that Einstein was correct in that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. He was a clever bloke was our Albert. Way before his time.

That Hadron Collider sounds like a very expensive pile of shite. Heath Robinson could have built a better one in his lunch break.

14The Bermuda Triangle. Empty Re: The Bermuda Triangle. Thu Feb 23 2012, 10:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I once rode my cycle from whit lane salford to burnden park on a sunday when i was 11 in those days everything was shut and even the buses were few but i made it back ok apart from a puncture repair outside the ground nothing wierd happened and my travel time would have been about right for the journey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum