Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Falklands - Do You Care?

+8
Mr Magoo
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Quent
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Jayne are you a model?

er, no.

oh. You look awfully familiar to me for some reason.

32The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:12

i've not heard that one before.

33The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:19

i think hipsters in love

34The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Or he is grooming her

35The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jayne, when challenged on your views you retaliate with sarcasm and petty insults. When challenged further, you hurl more offensive insults.

You demonstrate the understanding of diplomacy and war of a pre-pubescent. All your posts are riddled with emotive, ill-conceived crap.

It's a good job you don't have any influence on the people tasked with carrying out important decisions which affect the lives of others, you can't construct a cogent argument or have a reasonable discussion with others, and you are about as persuasive as a dodgy used car salesman with a severe speech impediment and intense body odour.

36The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i've not heard that one before.

You were the one that PM'd me asking my A/S/L

37The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 19:33

Il Padrino wrote:Jayne, when challenged on your views you retaliate with sarcasm and petty insults. When challenged further, you hurl more offensive insults.

You demonstrate the understanding of diplomacy and war of a pre-pubescent. All your posts are riddled with emotive, ill-conceived crap.

It's a good job you don't have any influence on the people tasked with carrying out important decisions which affect the lives of others, you can't construct a cogent argument or have a reasonable discussion with others, and you are about as persuasive as a dodgy used car salesman with a severe speech impediment and intense body odour.

and you're a pompous arsehole who thinks violence is the answer to everything.

38The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 20:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

... and another thing, Jayne - you call those eyes blue? As an aside, HBAYT?

The people demand answers!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

39The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

She's sent me a picture of herself in a bikini so i can confirm they look like B cups.

40The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Jayne is ok, she is entitled to her opinion, even though we may see things differently. Talking down to people and being abusive wont help anyone. Jayne, your opinion may change in years to come, and not all men want to go to war at the drop of a hat. I don't want to appear condescending, but without people going to war in the past, to stand up for their principles and way of life, you, I , and everyone else in the UK probably wouldn't have the free choice, and freedom of speech we all enjoy now. It was a heavy price many people paid, but it was all for a reason. I'm going to climb off my soapbox now, so don't throw any eggs at me please

41The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

War is an unfortunate happenstance that tends to occur at the end of unresolved dialogue. Sometimes it is required that thousands die to prevent the death of several thousands while sometimes it is thrust upon you through manipulation. In my personal opinion, wars are best fought between the leaders of the contending countries - so worst case scenario, each country loses a person.

42The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 21:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One thing about this thread, its brought out some cracking responses. Well done Quent, good topic Smile

43The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 22:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its time to let this useless island go but i would not give it away let the argies buy it must be worth a lot to them.

44The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Fri Feb 10 2012, 23:05

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Can you imagine Argentina sending Messi into war? It'll never happen.

45The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Sat Feb 11 2012, 11:23

apologies for my over reaction yesterday, i'm not normally one for throwing insults around.

i stand by my comments that we are obsessed by violence, but perhaps they could have been written better.

46The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Sat Feb 11 2012, 11:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Your response was understandable considering the strong reaction you received, and its good to see you coming back on here

47The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Sun Feb 12 2012, 01:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Apology accepted, for my part, Jayne.

Not sure what you're on about gloswhite, quite honestly. I don't think comparing me to Saddam Hussein or Hitler was very understandable because I take a different view over the Falkands. Saw my arse over that.

48The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Sun Feb 12 2012, 09:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There are two things that do matter.

First the wishes of the people who actually live on the Falklands. None of them have or ever have had any desire to be part of Argentina which is several hundred miles away. Argentina's interest is driven by the kind of aggressive instincts which Jayne condemned.

Second (as bwfc71 pointed out) there is the potential oil and gas yield in the sea around the Falklands. Why give away a valuable asset for nothing?

And on the subject of war, there is a massive difference between starting a war and defending yourself. How can it be bad to defend yourself when attacked?

49The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Sun Feb 12 2012, 11:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Il Padrino, as you saw by my postings, I was in full agreement with you, me being ex-Army, etc. My comment to Jayne was because your responses from the outset were very articulate, very direct, and which, I also thought, were a bit too forceful. These prompted the responses which Jayne then apologised for. I thought my comment was fairly neutral in a thread that flared up, and thought that Jayne needed support as she was obviously caught wrong-footed. Hopefully we can get past this, and carry on as before?

50The Falklands - Do You Care? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Falklands - Do You Care? Sun Feb 12 2012, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't give a damn about the Falkland Islands or their people. If they want to be British then let them sneak in on the back of a wagon like everyone else.

It's a shitty island in the middle of nowhere that does nothing but cost the UK money. Argentina are welcome to it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum