Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The World Press Photo of the Year

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The World Press Photo of the Year Empty The World Press Photo of the Year Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The World Press Photo of the Year AlTTkHGCAAA5YHj

Story.

Spanish photographer Samuel Aranda has won the 2011 World Press Photo of the Year award for the New York Times with an image of a veiled woman holding a wounded relative in her arms after a demonstration in Yemen. Jurors said the photo captured multiple facets of the "Arab Spring" uprisings across the Middle East.

Not a great photo for me, understand the emotion behind it but it evokes nothing in me, and personally thats what i believe every good photo should do, be able to evoke something even if you know nothing of the tale behind the image.

2The World Press Photo of the Year Empty Re: The World Press Photo of the Year Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My first thought was "Ninja?"

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3The World Press Photo of the Year Empty Re: The World Press Photo of the Year Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think this is a more powerful picture taken from the Vietnam war.

The story goes (if you believe it) the 'prisoner' who is bound was a communist freedom fighter who had led a group of others to target police and kill(and their families)- some 34 police and their wives, kids, parents, brothers, sisters, etc were found dead around this man.

He was captured and bound and taken to the General in charge of the police - whose own Godchildren had been found dead in the 34 bodies.

The general got his gun out and shot him dead on the spot.

The World Press Photo of the Year Vietnam-shooting-456h082708_copy1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyen_Ngoc_Loan

4The World Press Photo of the Year Empty Re: The World Press Photo of the Year Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:52 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah that is extremely powerful.

5The World Press Photo of the Year Empty Re: The World Press Photo of the Year Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think the first photo has more of a political content than anything. Doesn't do a lot for me.

6The World Press Photo of the Year Empty Re: The World Press Photo of the Year Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:14 am

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

This would win any photo competition for me:

The World Press Photo of the Year SNS2659B_121228a

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum