Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser

+7
Reebok Trotter
largehat
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
xmiles
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Phoenix Nights was good but when did he last write any new material? And that goes for his books too. He's 38 and he's published at least 3 autobiographies already. Plus even in his autobiography he comes across as a selfish lazy mummy's boy. And he doesn't support Bolton. So for me he's a tosser.

2Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:14

Definite tosser.

I saw him at Liverpool a few years back and it was funny without being laugh out loud. Over three years later I saw him again and it was virtually the same set.

Like you say, Phoenix Nights was good, but he definitely peaked around that time.

3Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:17

I've never seen him live but he always comes across as a bit slimy on tv.

4Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not sure. He doesn't strike me as the type of bloke that's happy to be stopped in the street to sign autographs.

The pisstake of reality TV he did was brilliant, even though it was nowhere near as dry as Phoenix Nights.

5Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's fine, good comedian, think his day has gone now to be honest but i don't get why people hate him.

he's just a comedian.

6Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Owen Owen Owen wrote:I've never seen him live but he always comes across as a bit slimy on tv.

Forgot to mention, the last god knows how many interviews he's done have been painful. Somebody needs to tell him even he can be fooking annoying when he pushes it.

7Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:24

doffcocker wrote:
Owen Owen Owen wrote:I've never seen him live but he always comes across as a bit slimy on tv.

Forgot to mention, the last god knows how many interviews he's done have been painful. Somebody needs to tell him even he can be fooking annoying when he pushes it.

Especially when he was on Jonathan Ross and the One Show late last year, that was cringeworthy.

8Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:24

doffcocker wrote:Forgot to mention, the last god knows how many interviews he's done have been painful. Somebody needs to tell him even he can be fooking annoying when he pushes it.

Whatever show he goes on (Northwest Tonight, GMTV, Daybreak etc) he always does the same - tries reading the autocue then takes over the weather forecast.

9Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Loved Phoenix Nights - laughed at some of the John Smiths ads - his stand up at Blackpool Tower was funny - everything else after as been crap - imo.

10Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no problem with PK but he did/does draw heavily on Hovis Presley's material so wasn't that original IMO.

11Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 16:52

i met him once, he was a genuinely funny guy even though there were no cameras or reporters around.

i agree he needs some new material though, rola cola is only funny once.

12Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 20:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's a tosser.

13Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 20:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I have no problem with PK but he did/does draw heavily on Hovis Presley's material so wasn't that original IMO.

He did indeed use a lot of Hovis Presley's material. I believe he co-wrote Phoenix Nights with Dave Spikey and I did really enjoy it but I can take him or leave him.

14Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 20:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Phoenix Nights was co-written with two other people. You can't even credit him for that.

The guy has made a huge living out of one stand up routine.

15Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 21:31

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

And good luck to him, You soar twat's.

16Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Thu Feb 23 2012, 22:14

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Saw him at the MEN on his bungalow tour.Was ok.

Liked Phoenix Nights... but first started watching him in That Peter Kay Thing. thought they were funny.

But like a few have said, seems to let himself down on Chat Shows... Once seen him come on dressed as a Tree, what was that all about.

17Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:30

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hero or Tosser?

No middle ground then?

He's certainly chased the money on the bit of talent that he's got.

18Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Empty Re: Peter Kay - Hero or Tosser Fri Feb 24 2012, 08:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Never met him in person but I know people who have and said he is just a down to earth fella.

I much prefer him doing his phoenix nights/that peter kay thing to his stand up. I watched live at the albert halls a few weeks back and didn't find it funny anymore.

His best stuff in my opinion was That Peter Kay Thing with his different characters e.g. Leonard the oldest paper boy in bolton. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum